Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Nice one, thanks OP! I bought a game each for mine and my husband's account. I did grab the "Catch of the Day", some hotel game but they actually have some pretty cool games which are similar to the Facebook games but you don't have to keep spamming your friend's walls with these games!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by HighPotter
Has anyone had their miles post yet?

HP
LOL. Seriously? From Advantage e-shopping. Maybe in a month or 2. Search for that thread and you'll get all the detail on Advantage e-shopping.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
LOL. Seriously? From Advantage e-shopping. Maybe in a month or 2. Search for that thread and you'll get all the detail on Advantage e-shopping.
Thanks to the OP for bringing up this offer. ^

Out-the-door it was $2.99 for me as well, but I never had the option of opting out of any kind of membership. Let's hope I didn't automatically get enrolled.

I also hope the miles post, but with all my past transactions posting so far, I'm not too concerned.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Ritz
Thought so. I will pass.

HP
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Just signed up for AAdvantage Eshopping. I'm looking at making about $1000 in purchases I would make anyways at the mall. On the site, the three retailers I'd shop from are offering 6 - 8 miles/dollar for these same purchases. Obviously I'd much rather do it through the eshopping portal, but have a few questions.

1) What kind of documentation should I save in case I have to push for my miles to post?

2) Are there any issues related to a Mac in having the clicks register? I'm not getting any kind of screen or bar stating giving any indication that my clicks have registered.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sent
2) Are there any issues related to a Mac in having the clicks register? I'm not getting any kind of screen or bar stating giving any indication that my clicks have registered.
I can't answer the first question, as my purchase tend to post over time in line with other people comment. As for the second question, I am a MAC user and never had an issue with the miles posting. Just make sure you close out of all shopping windows that you didn't open through the E-Shopping portal otherwise the cookie won't be updated to get your miles. Also if you use iTunes to get miles I recommend quiting iTunes and then clicking on the link and let it relaunch iTunes. I hope that is more clear than mudd.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by sent
1) What kind of documentation should I save in case I have to push for my miles to post?

For (1), the order confirmation email or confirmation web page should be sufficient. I've never needed to produce documentation, though; at most, I've had to tell people the merchant, order number, amount, and date (but I didn't need proof, as they verified with the merchant).

For (2), just go to AAEShopping first, and click through to the merchant from there. The on-screen status indication is separate; it's for the Windows toolbar.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:10 am

The hidden expedition games are usually quite good. One looks for hidden objects. Kids love it and usually well done.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Thanks so much for the answers. Looking forward to shopping online if it helps my aadvantage balance grow!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:57 pm

I thought you only needed to register a card for IN STORE shopping? I don't think it matters for the online shopping....

I have all my cards in there, just in case, but I remember reading everything on their website and not seeing ANYTHING about having to register cards for online shopping.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, and my shopping is posting really quickly! Usually within 7 days....they haven't posted into AA account yet though.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by twiggers
Oh, and my shopping is posting really quickly! Usually within 7 days....they haven't posted into AA account yet though.
The miles will only post on your AAdvantage account when they go from Pending to Confirmed on Eshopping. Mine usually takes around 6 weeks to go from one to the other.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by twiggers
I thought you only needed to register a card for IN STORE shopping? I don't think it matters for the online shopping....
If you go to AAEshooping and click through from there to a merchant, then it doesn't matter if the card you use is registered or not.

There are other ways to buy via AAEshopping, including (as you say) in-store purchases with registered cards, and on-line with the tool bar installed (on Windows systems).
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
With AA eshopping make sure that the blue banner drops down and shows you how many miles per $ when the store's WEB site opens up.

With several merchants I can go through the 'click' box where you can gather up AA miles for searching, but on Overstock.com I can only get the blue box by going through the AAdvantage eshoping WEB site.

That blue banner is an indication you have done it all correctly and will get your AA miles for spending.

Works for me!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
It's gone down to 650 miles now.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bcm0830
I was able to uncheck the game club membership, and the price stayed $2.99. I signed up for both ADV & MP miles using different email accounts and pre-paid Amex. I did "register" the pre-paid Amex, but I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I think the "registration" is only for in-person retail purchases at select retailers...
Yeah, I was grabbing the $2.99 price on another game.
I switched to daily catch, and the price stayed at 2.99

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.