Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by arvin charles
Just purchased a pet ramp for my little dog at 3 miles/dollar, I also used my Citi with the 1.5 miles/dollar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do get both right?
Assuming you purchased through the eShopping portal and didn't mess up by having any other windows open at the time, you will get both. They are actually unrelated since one relates to charges on your card and the other is just for shopping through the portal. That being said, the reputation for actually receiving the miles you earned through eShopping is pretty darn dismal and their customer service shouldn't include the word service.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: AA
Well, I did go through the AA Eshopping website, clicked on the "shop now" button and the site opened with a new tab. My toolbar did say I was "Earning Miles."

I guess we'll see.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Originally Posted by MilesMark
Assuming you purchased through the eShopping portal and didn't mess up by having any other windows open at the time, you will get both. They are actually unrelated since one relates to charges on your card and the other is just for shopping through the portal. That being said, the reputation for actually receiving the miles you earned through eShopping is pretty darn dismal and their customer service shouldn't include the word service.
Except in rare cases where eShopping price at least equals the best price from other sources, I have practically stopped using it. Happened too many times that I reconciled to paying a few dollars more for the sake of the miles which never showed up. Unreliable, too much hassle, not worth the bother.

In contrast, the dining miles have always shown up without any hitch.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
My AA eshopping miles are showing up correctly. I just make sure I see that blue banner before shopping on a site. If it doesn't pop up, I go in through the AA eshopping WEB page with the sign in and all and click on the merchant I want.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
My AA eshopping miles are showing up correctly. I just make sure I see that blue banner before shopping on a site. If it doesn't pop up, I go in through the AA eshopping WEB page with the sign in and all and click on the merchant I want.
Good to hear. I have not used eShopping for a while, maybe time to give them another try.

What I like about AA dining is the quiet transparency of the process. If I had to order online while making sure no other window was open, etc., I 'd have given up long ago. Fortunately, I just register my CC, go eat and pay as usual, and the miles post.

Can the new eShopping be configured this way? That is, you register the CC, shop at Target, and the miles post? That would bring me back to eShopping pretty fast!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For Target online, if you open the WEB page and the AAvantage eshopping blue banner drops down and tells you how many AA miles you would get per $, then you are good to go and shop and will get your AA miles.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:28 pm

Can't Log in

Anyone know how to get a hold of anyone at eshopping. I can't log in. Can't remember what email i used in 2009. No one has responded to my contatcts. What happen to the days where your AA number and pin were good enough to log in with. Who keeps screwing up the system with additional logins and passwords????? Help and thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:14 am

How long does eshopping take to post itunes miles

I used eshopping to buy some itunes movies to keep daughter's account active early sept and it shows it is pending at eshopping but has not posted to AA. Her miles expire in a week and I don't think they will post in time. Will they still get credit since it was bought before expiration but posting is taking forever or should I do something like donate some miles ASAP. She has over 50k miles I don't want to lose.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Usually takes 6 to 8 weeks for AA miles to post!

Originally Posted by aFlyer1
I used eshopping to buy some itunes movies to keep daughter's account active early sept and it shows it is pending at eshopping but has not posted to AA. Her miles expire in a week and I don't think they will post in time. Will they still get credit since it was bought before expiration but posting is taking forever or should I do something like donate some miles ASAP. She has over 50k miles I don't want to lose.
I would go on AA.com and either buy or share some AA miles with your daughter. There is a bonus program going on now. That is the fastest method. In any case I would email AA Customer Service (and keep a copy) to put the fact on record that you have a shopping transaction pending.

Cover your bases!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:13 am

donated miles

So, I went ahead and donated some miles to kids and the account has now been extended until April 2012. It only took 1 day. AA sure doesn't waste time taking miles out but takes it's sweet time to put them in. In any case, at least the miles went to a good cause and I can sleep better now that my little girl's miles are still there for another 18mths.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A real easy fix for keeping AA miles alive and well is to donate to the USO via AA.com. You donate $25 or more and get AA miles as well as the opportunity to send good wishes to a member of our armed services. All around it is a good thing to do (and to keep posted on your calendar for future use.)

Here's a link to sponsor a USO care package and to get AA ff miles. http://www.usocarepackage-aa.org/
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: MT, AA
Anyone else having a problem with the AAdvantage Toolbar not working?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just did some AA eshopping on Drugstore.com and the AA miles per $ right now are 6, up from 5.

Other vendors seem to have mileage increases as well.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plt, Hyatt Plt, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold.
deleted

Last edited by system error; Nov 7, 2010 at 11:07 pm
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:02 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by giblet
I have emailed 10 times over the past month and have gotten no response other than a form letter saying they would look into it.

Any suggestions?
If you're not getting a response from AAEshopping, contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

I've had situations where the the miles weren't posting, not even showing up in the transaction history. I used the web contact form, got an email response that they'd verified the purchase, and to allow 8 weeks for the miles to show up. Of course, 10 weeks later, still nothing, only then they stopped responding to web form contacts or replies to the email. So, I finally contacted AAdvantage CS, and within a week the miles had posted.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I don't know if this question has been asked and answered already, but what is the pro/cons of purchasing AA gift certificates from Giftcertificates.com and getting 3miles/$ and then using the gift certificate to purchase AA tickets vs. just using your Citi/AA or Amex/Starwood CC to purchase your AA tickets?

Basically the question is: is there any drawback to purchasing tickets on AA using gift certificates vs. using a credit card?
The drawbacks are: more hassle getting the gift cards, and more complexity using them to buy the ticket. gc.com doesn't have large denominations, and there is a limit to how many gift cards can be used per ticket. (A couple years ago, when there was a big promo with double miles for gc.com, we purchased gift cards for a $8,000 ticket. It required a lot of follow-up to get the cards, and then when I had them all, I purchased refundable dummy tickets for some routing that was the most I could spend per ticket with the gift cards (max denomination times max cards per ticket), and immediately cancelled them. AA sent me vouchers, which I mailed back to them to purchase the real ticket. Wow. But, in the end we had a boatload of extra miles.

Originally Posted by MilesMark
What's this about no other windows open? I always have somewhere around 50-75 windows and tabs open, and this has never caused any problems. Sure, if you click through AAEshopping to drugstore.com, start the order, and then click through a drugstore.com discount email, you'll get the discount, not the miles, because that was the last cookie, but it doesn't matter if you did this via multiple simultaneous windows or serial windows.

As for the miles showing up or not, my experience is that is depends. Drugstore.com miles roll in like clockwork (although, oddly, interspersed with small negative amounts), but HomeDepot.com often never show up and require much intervention.

Regarding AAEshopping customer "service," well, the sneer quotes say it all.

Originally Posted by aktchi
Except in rare cases where eShopping price at least equals the best price from other sources, I have practically stopped using it. Happened too many times that I reconciled to paying a few dollars more for the sake of the miles which never showed up. Unreliable, too much hassle, not worth the bother.
AAEshopping doesn't have a price for items. Participating merchants do, and for most things I've checked, their prices are pretty good. I suppose it all depends what you're buying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.