Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archive of older posts from the active thread:

AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated)

Please follow the discussion there.

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendor (Consol.)

Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by giblet
I just saw the Gap promotion (10 miles per dollar) and ordered a few necessities. However, the pending miles on my account indicate that I'm just going to be given 3 miles per dollar. Anyone know if the amount pending ever changes before it posts?
So it appears that they have processed this purchase as GapMaternity instead of Gap and are crediting 3 miles to the dollar instead of 10. I made the purchase from Gap.com and it did not include any maternity items or baby items.

I have emailed 10 times over the past month and have gotten no response other than a form letter saying they would look into it.

Any suggestions?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
magazine renewals?

Can you use aadvantage eshopping for magazine renewals?

We have a few subscriptions that are coming due for renewal, and have received the renewal notifications (most are very generous, from retail price, better then valuemags.com).

Is there a way to combine these renewal prices with valuemags.com via aadvantageeshopping?

Or do you forgo the renewal price and still renew using the same magazine account (extend the subscription), and pay the valuemags.com price (the "cost of miles")?

Or does valuemags.com only work with new subscriptions?

Thanks!

Last edited by sbagdon; Aug 10, 2010 at 7:59 am
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Valuemags told me that you don't get AA miles for the automatic renewels, but you can cancel the auto renewal and start over and get the miles.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Eshopping and Skype

Anybody have problems with miles posting from Skype purchases? I've made a lot of skype credit purchases but none of the miles have posted. I've had other purchases from other retailers post but none from Skype.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ddsohn
Anybody have problems with miles posting from Skype purchases? I've made a lot of skype credit purchases but none of the miles have posted. I've had other purchases from other retailers post but none from Skype.
I had Skype post a few months ago but made another purchase three weeks ago and nothing.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I don't know if this question has been asked and answered already, but what is the pro/cons of purchasing AA gift certificates from Giftcertificates.com and getting 3miles/$ and then using the gift certificate to purchase AA tickets vs. just using your Citi/AA or Amex/Starwood CC to purchase your AA tickets?

Basically the question is: is there any drawback to purchasing tickets on AA using gift certificates vs. using a credit card?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
giftcertificate.com shipping on emailed codes?

Looking to purchase e-Gift Cards from giftcertificates.com via aadvantageeshopping.com, and noticed during check-out that they're charging $9.80 for shipping for this order (for an emailed certificate). Anyone know of a free-shipping code, or is there a way around paying for digital delivery? For $9.80, it's not worth it for the miles, and will just buy directly from the online site. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Is there any drawback to purchasing tickets on AA using gift certificates vs. using a credit card?
The only one I can see may or may not be important to you. If you charge your flight to the card, you'll have protection of a credit card purchase (fraudulent use, dispute the charge, etc). Some cards come with travel insurance etc too. If paying with GC, it is just like a cash purchase.

That said, I have bought gc's for extra miles, requested them for my Christmas gift, etc., and never had a problem.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: FT
i purchased some gift cards from a retailer at AAdvantage EShopping. it was a retailer that did not have the standard "gift card purchases are not eligible for rewards" like Best Buy does etc.

so it was about $2500 in gift cards at 3 miles per card. purchased Aug 25th. I assume it will be some time before I get the pending and then even longer before they actually post? it has been 14 calender days....should i be seeing pending at least? i do not want to be screwed later by saying this vendor did not allow gift cards and have printed all up to make sure they can not.

cards have been received and used already

hope to net 10K at the end of the same by use of AA CC card.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
i purchased some gift cards from a retailer at AAdvantage EShopping. it was a retailer that did not have the standard "gift card purchases are not eligible for rewards" like Best Buy does etc.

so it was about $2500 in gift cards at 3 miles per card. purchased Aug 25th. I assume it will be some time before I get the pending and then even longer before they actually post? it has been 14 calender days....should i be seeing pending at least? i do not want to be screwed later by saying this vendor did not allow gift cards and have printed all up to make sure they can not.

14 days and miles not yet showing as pending, not yet an issue, more par for the course. But you certainly take a risk as to getting miles for GCs where the AA shopping vendor does not explicitly state gift cards permitted. IMHO, it's worth making a small test purchase to see if the miles post, before jumping in with a large $ amount of GCs. Just did this on iTunes to see if GCs worked. Was happy to discover email GCs do earn miles.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by mkjr

I would expect to be seeing pending by now, I usually see pending on my purchases within 7-10 days of purchase and then they are credit to my account on day 45 per the terms and conditions of the AA E-Mall
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Every year they have something special in bonuses for us starting in November or so. Let's hope they do this year.

Something better that the meager deal they gave us in 2009
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pokerface
I had Skype post a few months ago but made another purchase three weeks ago and nothing.
Same here , purchased Skype credit on August 5 and still nothing.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:34 pm

With the old AAdvantageEshopping portal, miles would post very quickly for BlueNile. Has anyone shopped there with the new portal? How long did it take to receive miles? Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA
Just purchased a pet ramp for my little dog at 3 miles/dollar, I also used my Citi with the 1.5 miles/dollar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do get both right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.