Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE:

The current thread can be found here: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:02 pm

Success. 5700 outstanding torwards upgrades. Called. Will get two stickers.

The CS person did put me on hold to first check with a supervisor.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
I was at 59731 miles. Got 4! great CS! ^^^
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:41 pm

Anyone tried this from the UK? I should be on about 7500 after some flights posting in a few days (As I assume its calculated from date of flight, not date of miles posting?)

Otherwise I'll just do it from the US at the weekend I guess.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by andrzej
Ironically I almost agree but I would take the almost out of it. The only favor granted will be if the OP gets 4, but I guarantee the OP will get at least 3.
all the above posts confirm mine.....
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
I received 2 upgrades today for 6,200 miles.

Seems like a fair deal to me.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:18 pm

After 10 minutes of listening to AA's hold commercials, CSR picked up, immediately said she was happy to credit me with two stickers for my 5,450 miles, put me on hold for a bit, came back and said it was done.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I have 16 miles towards upgrades. Do you think if I call I can get a pass to sit up front for like 5 minutes or so of my next flight?

JK!!!! Happy New AA Year to everyone!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Anyone tried this from the UK? I should be on about 7500 after some flights posting in a few days (As I assume its calculated from date of flight, not date of miles posting?)

Otherwise I'll just do it from the US at the weekend I guess.
tried from the UK but calling the US 800 number using Skype. CSR had no idea what i was talking about (my accent probably didn't help). As I had had to hold for ages to get through in the first place I didn't want to try calling again so I suggested she speak to her supervisor (I am on 29818 so only 182 miles short of 4 stickers). She left me on hold for ages and eventually would only give me 2 stickers even though I was so close to 4 (I tried without success to argue for 3).

Entire process took 27 minutes!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:02 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
This is actually an interesting exercise and a good move by Aadvantage:

1) It doesn't cost them anything. The small number of extra upgrades are space available anyway and unlikely to impact the overall benefit. The small amount of agent time is compensated by 2)

2) It builds good will among the most dedicated frequent flyers. I mean really, who else has the incentive to sit on the phone for 5-20 minutes for a few stickers, or would even think of it? But for those who do it generates positive perceptions.

3) They don't need to formalize it. It is enough that it is a special unwritten "benefit" for those who take the time to call. Other Aadvantage members would be unlikely to notice

4) It sure beats the alternative of saying "no" which actually would generate ill will and seem unfair.

It would be interesting to pay attention and see how long after March 1st they keep honoring these requests.

Also has anyone had success with emailed or faxed requests?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:31 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Just got 2 stickers for 36,731 miles. Thanks JT!

JT was sure to mention, however, that he is "putting a note in the account so if I need to call back about it the other agent will know where we 'left off'."

Now JT didn't think I would try to double dip it--did he?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
Just called and waited on hold for about 15 minutes and received 1 stickers for my 74,405. ^
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:26 pm

Thanks Flyertalk (ers)

Called AA customer service and was told no!
Sent email to AA customer service and got a reply (3 upgrades for my 27,525) within a hour!!

Did the same for my husband as well got 2 upgrades for his 25,500.

Thanks again for all the info flyertalk has to offer.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:05 pm

I just called AA plt desk who said that I had to speak to customer service. i didn't realize that I had to call CS (didn't read this thread carefully enough i guess). Anyway, he said they closed 2 minutes ago. I guess i'll have to try tomorrow. might be too late though.

I did send AA an email last night, but no response yet.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Ross0
I guess i'll have to try tomorrow. might be too late though.
Tomorrow shouldn't be too late. The rep we spoke with on my mom's behalf said it could even wait until next week to make sure all February flights had posted.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Tonight must have been generous CSR night. My father was promised his 3 upgrades for X6,921 miles towards upgrades, but of course I will wait till they post before totally breathing easy.

But hey, you never get anything unless you ask right? Thanks everybody!

Edit: I have forgotten how quick AA is to reset mileage counters. Back to 0 again, time to build it up again!

Last edited by TxH2O; Feb 28, 2007 at 11:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.