Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE:

The current thread can be found here: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:10 pm

Do I not get it?

What's the big deal about buying a few stickers for your first flight, and then getting 4 more when you cross the 20K threashold? If you have "several" flights booked, 4 500 mile upgrades is not going to cut it for every flight anyway.
Or am I missing something?
N.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yes you are. Counter reset.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:02 pm

Programs: 1MM, AA Plat, IC Gold Ambassador, HHonors, etc.
thanks for the reminder. Just looked. I'm 394 miles short and am flying transcon on March 1st. I guess I'll have to call and say "pretty please".
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:49 pm

Whom does one call to grovel about stickers to? Gold desk?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I was wondering why this topic would come up ... I think I'll be calling in to AA CSR this weekend to try to get my 4 upgrades (at X9,582) for myself and beg for 3 for my father (he's at X6,921).

He's got a flight for the first weekend in March and whatya know ... he needs 12 upgrades to upgrade himself and my mother and he has 9 right now ...

Hopefully my next 22,000+ EQP trip for mid-March will help our cases
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Boeing2027
Whom does one call to grovel about stickers to? Gold desk?
AA CSR
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM, AC
OK. I have read it somewhere but I can't find it - should I call before or after 2/28. Also, I will be booking on EWR-DFW-LAS-LAX-NRT-DFW-EWR in April in J and F - just waiting to firm up the dates - should I wait until after that (if it matters)?

thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by andrzej
Ironically I almost agree but I would take the almost out of it. The only favor granted will be if the OP gets 4, but I guarantee the OP will get at least 3.
Yep.
I don't call. I have been successful with the customer support link email
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA, DL, AS, HH Silver, PC Gold
Question When to call?

Originally Posted by queenladyk
OK. I have read it somewhere but I can't find it - should I call before or after 2/28. Also, I will be booking on EWR-DFW-LAS-LAX-NRT-DFW-EWR in April in J and F - just waiting to firm up the dates - should I wait until after that (if it matters)?

thanks!
I'm wondering this also - a few years ago Mrs CID was just under 7500 & I managed to wrangle 2 UG's. I'm thinking I called before Mar 1. I'm at 9497 & won't travel again until late March or early April.

Last edited by El Cid; Feb 22, 2007 at 9:18 am Reason: fixed typo
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM, AC
Originally Posted by El Cid
I'm wondering this also - a few years ago Mrs CID was just under 7500 & I managed to wrangle 2 UG's. I'm thinking I called before Mar 1. I'm at 9497 & won't travel again until late March or early April.
Well I just called and she said no problem and put them in there. So I guess it doesn't matter.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 4:33 pm

Programs: 1MM, AA Plat, IC Gold Ambassador, HHonors, etc.
I just called. Pointed out that I'm 396 miles short and am flying transcon on March 1st. Got all four. [I even pointed out that if February had 30 days, we'd be all set]

Little things make me happy.

A friend is losing status on March 1st. Too bad she can't transfer those unused upgrades that are sitting in her account to a good friend. Somehow, I don't see Y or B travel in her immediate future.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by divemaster
A friend is losing status on March 1st. Too bad she can't transfer those unused upgrades that are sitting in her account to a good friend. Somehow, I don't see Y or B travel in her immediate future.
On the plus side, the stickers won't expire so long as the account stays active, so there may be a point where she can regain status and have easier usage of them.

Mike
Old Feb 23, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
if you put in a request, do you need the correct amount?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by spurg
Huh? The correct amount of what? They know how many miles you have and will make you an "offer" for how many stickers they'll give you, you don't really need much of anything except your AAdvantage number!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by spurg
If you are talking about a request for an upgrade...no. You can request an upgrade with 0 stickers and it will clear (well, maybe). You just have to have them when you check in or buy them then. If you were asking something else...i'm lost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.