Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE:

The current thread can be found here: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by pushback
That's messed up.
Not at all, considering the alternative is zero stickers.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:43 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Not at all, considering the alternative is zero stickers.
That's an alternative. There are others, including he be given three or four stickers, which would be more in line with what I have seen happen in the past. 2 stickers for 9500 miles is messed up.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1MM)/HH Dia/DL Sil/SPG Gld/HERTZ 5*/MR Sil
I was hoping for 3 or 4 stickers as well with 79887 miles for the year ending 2/29/2008. I even brought up the fact I was cancelled early February by weather in ORD and had to drive home. Even tried the, but I will be over with a STL/DFW/FRA/BAH trip starting 3/2/2008, she said she thought 2 stickers were sufficient. I also brought up the 3 months (Oct, Nov, Dec) I couldn’t fly after neck surgery, sympathy didn’t work…..

But I could have received ZERO so I really cannot complain.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by tazi
It requires a call but it has gotten to be almost automatic and I would hardly call it outside the rules since it seems to be an accepted practice. I actually got them added twice one year. Several months after having them added in March, I was in a situation where stickers were not applied in time for a flight where I had requested an upgrade. I called to cancel the upgrade request but it had already gone through and my original seat was gone. The agent put me on hold and came back to tell me she was comping me the stickers since I had fallen just short in February of getting the next batch.
A call might not be required. The last time I did this, it was with the email form on the website.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: AA LT GLD, UA SLV, MR LT PLT PRM, HH DIA, IHG PLT, SW CP, MVCI CHM LVL, HERTZ PC, National EE
Just for the hell of it, after reading this thread I asked an AA CSR about this. I was on the phone with the elite line about another matter and said, "Hey by the way, I'm not traveling before the March 1 reset and I have 2430 miles left towards upgrades. Any chance on getting a courtesy upgrade for these miles?" She gave me two. Thanks FTers!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I tried this two years ago via email and was told i'll get nothing.

This year I will be about 150 miles short if I can get original mileage from yesterday's blown up trip to post in time. And I'll be placing the call, not doing it via email
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1.5 Million Miles, SPG Gold, hertz 5 star
Took some effort

I just got aadvanced 3 stickers for 68000 miles. It was like pulling teeth, and the csr was told by a supervisor not to award me any. I pled my case and explained they had done this every other year. She caved and awarded me. Why doesn't AA automatically pro-rate?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: AA-PLT
I have x5646 towards upgrades but I have flights on 2/28 and 2/29 that will put me at x7382, still short of 4 stickers. Should I call/email now and tell them I have the flights and see what I can get or wait until the 2/29 flights post to call/email?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Called AA today and got 3 stickers for 8,800 miles (would have loved to taken a MR this week to make 10K but a busy work week before vacation next week prevented it.) The TA was amazing and thanks AA!^
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold
why

Originally Posted by journalist212
I just got aadvanced 3 stickers for 68000 miles. It was like pulling teeth, and the csr was told by a supervisor not to award me any. I pled my case and explained they had done this every other year. She caved and awarded me. Why doesn't AA automatically pro-rate?
That would require a pro-active customer-focused thought process
Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Just called customer service, who put 2 upgrades in my account for 5912 miles toward. Very simple - and courteous - transaction.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by theforce
I have x5646 towards upgrades but I have flights on 2/28 and 2/29 that will put me at x7382, still short of 4 stickers. Should I call/email now and tell them I have the flights and see what I can get or wait until the 2/29 flights post to call/email?

Thanks
I'm in the same situtation, any ideas as to whether to call now or wait until after the 29th?

Thank you
Old Feb 26, 2008, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by journalist212
...Why doesn't AA automatically pro-rate?
For that matter, why don't they just give you one for every 2,500 miles? It's not like they still have to put paper stickers in an envelope and mail them to you, so there would be some value in sending them out in bunches. They could even have a policy "if you have 2,400 or more left at the end of February, you'll get another then," sort of like the 50-mile leeway on flight length when you use them. It would save them a heck of a lot of CSR time this time of year.

But that would make too much sense.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 2:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the easiest fix would be to not reset the counter as long as the member has status....or give 1 for 2.5 k as suggested above....
Old Feb 26, 2008, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by clacko
the easiest fix would be to not reset the counter as long as the member has status....or give 1 for 2.5 k as suggested above....

Would agree, in an environment when FF programs are thought to be weaken (whether they are or not is of course up to considerable argument), you would think that someone would take the lead and either not reset the clock or allow 1 sticker for 2,500 miles, assuming the FF member retains equal or higher status for the new year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.