ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Adam Goldberg - LAX to JFK
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Ja Rule at LAX

Aug 9th, around 11:30pm - Ja Rule with his boys...

wierd thing, but he didn't have a car service and persisted to cut the taxi line in front of 30+people at the LAX AA Terminal. He looked pretty ticked off that night and eventually got his way via the taxi attendant and skipped the line. when questioning the taxi security why they gave him preferential treatment, the response was "I had to" - probably afraid of Ja Rule given his recent gun charges....
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by AAir_head
"Becks" isn't flying right now because the reduced pressure at altitude can aggravate the swelling in his injured ankle ... at least that's the Galaxy's official position on why he's not appearing at away games.
He flew into BOS Friday for a game this weekend. News had an interview with him at the airport.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Celeb Sightings

Eve Ligouria (MIA-LAX/FC)
Little Richard (BNA-ORD/FC)
Peter Asher (LAX-BNA/FC) (half of '60's group Peter & Gordon)
Gene Shacove (LAX-EWR/FC) (the guy the movie "Shampoo" was based on
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BA EC Blue, UA Premier, HH Diamond VIP, Hyatt Platinum
Rihanna...August 3rd...LAX. She has a broken toe (with one of those very attractive little shoe-boot things) so I asked her how she did it. She said she ran into a chair while on vacation. Bummer! P.S. I did not ask to stand under her umbrella, in case anyone is wondering!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Cool

I saw Sandra Bullock at DFW (or maybe it was here in AUS) a few years ago.

And just this week, on arrival at AUS, I saw a guy with a sign saying "Arpey"....I wonder if that was the AA-Arpey arriving into town...
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Talking Slightly embarassed that I knew...

Ron Jeremy at gate C17 yesterday afternoon in St. Louis. (I really only knew it was him from the Surreal Life on TV). He was lost and went up to the gate, asking questions about his flight. I was sitting in the first seat reading my book and looked up. I must of done a double take, since he looked back at me. As he was leaving looking for his gate, I saw several men go up and talked to him. He seemed nice. Looked very ordinary, jeans, tee shirt, and schlepping 2 carry on bags.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:08 pm

Was he boarding a plane to LAS? I rode in an elevator with him at Planet Hollywood in Vegas on Friday.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Classy Dallas Cowboy

I normally don't post on this thread but I flew LGA-DFW last week across the aisle from Daryl Johnston (Dallas Cowboys Hall of Famer and now announcer on Fox NFL Sports). I wouldn't mention this occurence except seated next to him was a very old man- probably in his eighties who had no idea who Daryl was (and I am sure couldn't care). The two didn't speak the entire flight. The older gentleman was making a connection in DFW and despite FA instructions, he left the plane totally lost. I watched as Daryl approached him and walked him to his connecting gate. You can have the movie star sightings, Daryl is pure class.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Starwood-Platinum, Avis
Bridge to Terabithia

AnnaSophia Robb, the girl in "The Bridge to Terabithia", Aug 13 DEN-LAX @ 7am. She was sitting in coach with her mom.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Tavis Smiley (radio show host/activist) in first on DFW-LAX 8/18
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
Al Sharpton MIA-LGA 9/2 Flight 1332
Old Sep 3, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: AA CK (1.4MM), Amex Cent, Hyatt Glb, DL Plt, BVY Gld, Hertz Plt, DL Plt, VA Gld, UA Gld
8/29 JFK - LAX, Jeff Goldblum in Kirk chair, Kareem Abdul-Jabber in Business
Old Sep 3, 2007, 5:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
OOHH! I know, let's make some rules. The following are hereby decreed as non-celebrities:

Minor league athletes, pro golfers/tennis players/poker players who've never won a major championship, all soccer players except Bex, spelling bee winners (it's on ESPN so its a sport ), olympic sport non-gold medal winners, anyone involved in horseracing, dogracing, dogsledding, any non-skill position pro football player, any professional athlete who is known as a "journeyman", everyone involved in any motorsport of any kind.

Let's see, did I forget anyone?
What about dog fighting, in case we are on the extradition flight of Michael Vick?
Old Sep 3, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
Rene Zelwegger tonight LGA - DFW on Flt 763. She was in front of me in F. VERY, VERY nice person. We chatted a few times on the flight and then afterwards at Starbucks in the terminal. She asked why I was in Dallas and then welcomed me home. She boarded towards the end, chatted with her seatmate, and seemed so genuine and nice. Love her!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.