Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Hey everyone,

I just call AAdvantage, to inquire why I didn't have my 4 500mile upgrade stickers in my account, because I could not see them online.

The agent said that when he looked on his computer, that I do in fact have 4 listed on my account, but could not explain why they were not showing up on my account when I access it through aa.com.

Any thoughts? Should I talk to AA Customer service and double check . . It seems strange that the agent can see the stickers but my balance shows 0.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:17 am

I had a similar experience when Customer Service told me that my transaction pending flights from mid-november are showing as fully credited in his system. Still no status recognition from november completing and many calls to supervisor at Advantage customer service.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
total frustration

Getting the complete runaround. Registered in August with confirmatory email. Called several times prior to booking any flights and told it was all good. Passed the Gold threshold in September with just one trip and it reflected in my account with status withing 24 hours. Passed platinum threshold in mid November. Called at least 3 times with various answers with all agents telling me that promo was still there and would send email to (?) but should update in 48 hours but of course nothing happened. Called again just before thanksgiving as I was flying to athens and assured it would reflect after my return. Well I am at close to 28,000 and no change yet. Zero stickers so far even though over 20000 miles since gold. Will pass the exec plat threshold next week. On the phone right now having been passed to 2 different agents and on hold now.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also frustrated. Youngest daughter was registered and flew just over 12,000 miles in November. I have emailed and am getting no response.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Well just got off the phone with an agent that was probably the most helpful of the ones I have spoken to so far. The promo was not wiped out and the only explanation of why things have not gone through was due to the system upgrades that the website has been undergoing. In any case he agreed I should be platinum and told he could not manually change but added notes on my next flight to extend platinum benefits. He agreed that I should have 8 stickers and manually added 8 plus 2 as a goodwill gesture. Although my profile says 0 updgrade stickers , he said any agent can see there are 10 in there right now. We'll see how long it takes for platinum and then exp after my next flight.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
I was missing my 4 stickers so I decided to call.

Agent gave me 2 as a good will and put in a ticket to have the other 4 reinstated at a later date.

She also confirmed I am still signed up for the H3TLI promotion and that with the upcoming trips I have, I will reach the 30,000 point threshold and make EXP by the end of the year. I also made her note this in my account.

Let's see what happens!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM
Total frustration as well. I switched all my flying over to AA/ oneworld in September and have so far spent several thousand dollars on business and personal travel (including a business class return to Asia and two domestic full fare tickets). I've passed the gold and platinum thresholds (late November and yesterday, respectively) and haven't seen any change in status. I have another domestic full fare ticket booked for next week ($1100), and am going to cancel it and return to united if this isn't going to happen. I believe I'm the sort of traveler they were targeting with this promo, but so far I'm not impressed.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Also frustrated. Youngest daughter was registered and flew just over 12,000 miles in November. I have emailed and am getting no response.
I thinking calling would be better than an email. I don't twitter so I can't comment on the option, but others here have posted that they got a better response from tweeting.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought replying to the email that confirmed her enrollment would be the best option.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by AGSF
Total frustration as well. I switched all my flying over to AA/ oneworld in September and have so far spent several thousand dollars on business and personal travel (including a business class return to Asia and two domestic full fare tickets). I've passed the gold and platinum thresholds (late November and yesterday, respectively) and haven't seen any change in status. I have another domestic full fare ticket booked for next week ($1100), and am going to cancel it and return to united if this isn't going to happen. I believe I'm the sort of traveler they were targeting with this promo, but so far I'm not impressed.
Just curious if you actually called and spoke to someone prior to booking the flights to ensure that you were registered. There were many reports of people who received an email confirming registration but in fact were not when they called. In my paranoia I called twice prior to any travel and was told it was a go. When I got gold actual 6k miles I assumed the rest of the trips would reach me to exp.
I would be really p.o. if I was told by an agent it was good to go and then booked all this travel with no change in status
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In reference to my daughter, she both received an automated email when enrolled, then a direct email after I inquired via "contact us", confirming her enrollment.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
i called and at least got an answer as to why my stickers have not appeared. I reached GLD through the promo, but my promo code got wiped out during the upgrade and GLD removed right as I was completing some additional flights that would net me PLT and 4 stickers. I was able to get GLD status back, but my account was never updated (and still has not been updated) to PLT + 4 stickers. Apparently, because I had no status due to the promo code being wiped out right as I was completing the qualifying flights, those flights were not credited towards PLT and my stickers. Unfortunate timing, I suppose. Nevertheless, I am going to start bugging them with increased frequency, and hopefully snag some stickers. I already have enough travel planned for 2014 to requalify for PLT the old fashioned way, so those stickers will come in handy.

Last edited by bhamsan01; Dec 4, 2013 at 9:57 am Reason: typos
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
In reference to my daughter, she both received an automated email when enrolled, then a direct email after I inquired via "contact us", confirming her enrollment.
Sounds like many, many people have had problems with this promo and calling repeatedly and speaking to real agent may be the only solution. Off topic, but the irony is that my buddy who travelled with me to athens is no status on AA but I encouraged to enroll for the platinum challenge, the one with the fee and based on EQP. He passed 10k eqp just on the US to athens flight as we were flying business class and his status reflected one day after the outbound flights
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP, UA*S, SPG G, IHG P
Originally Posted by drjameschen
Got the same situation!
Just tweeted AA, and they replied me that "We're not showing the promo code listed in either account. Please call AAdvantage Customer service at 800-882-8880 for assistance. They're open 9a-5:30p m-f ct."

Need to call in the morning!
Called this morning.
The lady confirmed that I have registered the promo, but somehow the date is Sept! Magically, she discovered the problem and solved it within 10 mins. She manually upgraded my status and told me that I have to call to upgrade my status manually once I reach the threshold again!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
When I saw my status updated to EXP I thought the fun was over... but no.

After my EXP status showed, I booked a flight home and after being on hold for about an hour I got the auto upgrade notification. So I purchased it and all looked fine. Fast forward, I try to check in online and get an error message that I don't have sufficient 500 milers to upgrade. I call AA and get connected to the Platinum line (huh?) and then there is a wait so I do the call back thing and an agent from the Exec Plat desk calls me back. She lets me know that while I am EXP, and that shows in the system I see online, there is another part of the system that still thinks I am only Plat. She notates my record and has told me to check in at the airport with an agent and have them work around the problem there. Fingers crossed...

She said she has gotten tons of calls with problems like this since the system update, with some EXPs having been bumped down to Gold or no status at all!! Overall, a terrible time of the year to be doing an update like this, I suspect there are tons of status changes in December as people roll up to their final level for the year. Apparently this is not just limited to our group who enrolled in this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.