Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by callmedtop
So close to EXP I can taste it. After quite a few crazy MR's (2x BOS-DFW-SEA-ANC-SEA-DFW-BOS in two weekends, with no stopover anywhere), I'm just 2500 miles shy. A trip I'm taking next weekend to Florida will finally get me there.

No idea why I went for this challenge TBH. My travel looks like it will be very limited in 2014 - honestly, I just had a ton of fun doing the actual mileage runs. Just love being in the air I suppose...
An early congrats!

I've got another 13k to do before EXP.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Plat
17K left here although nothing booked for the remainder of the year!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:36 am

The same here. Not even a frequent flyer. First time doing this type of MR. I just cann't resist to this challenge.

So close to EXP I can taste it. After quite a few crazy MR's (2x BOS-DFW-SEA-ANC-SEA-DFW-BOS in two weekends, with no stopover anywhere), I'm just 2500 miles shy. A trip I'm taking next weekend to Florida will finally get me there.

No idea why I went for this challenge TBH. My travel looks like it will be very limited in 2014 - honestly, I just had a ton of fun doing the actual mileage runs. Just love being in the air I suppose...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pcu83
The same here. Not even a frequent flyer. First time doing this type of MR. I just cann't resist to this challenge.
Congrats on your first post after lurking for 3 years!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
17K left here although nothing booked for the remainder of the year!
I need to book some stuff, but haven't seen much out of BOS or BDL that's been worthwhile for weekend trips unfortunately.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP

my next week flight should get me to Plat .. defntly excited.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by combiblock
Im currently sat in the lounge waiting for my flight to depart that will start the trip that will see me PLT next week. Very excited!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by combiblock
Same here, my 2nd SEA-MIA run should get me to 12,003 miles and Platinum. I only dream of EXP, but don't have it in the budget this year.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:58 pm

Wish I could get this done sooner but schedule didn't align. Already at 21K. Last 2 flights to put us over 30K will be first 2 weekends of December. PTY and then a nice weekend in MIA.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Had my final flight on 1/11, miles posted and status updated 3/11, SWUs received 5/11. No welcome email yet.

Originally Posted by psychoandy
so...what metal did you end up flying, out of curiosity?
EK.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Pinned
I need to book some stuff, but haven't seen much out of BOS or BDL that's been worthwhile for weekend trips unfortunately.
For BOS, don't forget you can book AA codeshare of AS metal. Based in Seattle, I've done a lot of that. I fly plenty for work so no need to MR, but I found a very cheap AA coded AS flight to/from BOS a couple of weeks ago.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Peppep
I did get qualifying miles, points and segment on the flight. Thanks for your extremely helpful, insightful and friendly replies.
Excellent, thanks for the update. My partner is in a similar situation on Comair (SA) so good to know.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Excellent, thanks for the update. My partner is in a similar situation on Comair (SA) so good to know.
Note the difference in the wording. For instance BA:

Earn miles when flying on British Airways marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on British Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworld carriers and oneworld affiliates.
And QF (no OW metal requirement):

Earn miles when flying on Qantas Airways marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on Qantas Airways codeshare flights. Exception: Qantas codeshare flights operated by Jetstar are ineligible for any AAdvantage mile accrual/elite credit
I think he'll be fine on a BA flight number, though, since Comair is an affiliate.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold

I was scheduled to fly on AA tonight but the flight ended up being delayed/cancelled due to a mechanical issue. The GA put me on standby for a flight on United, and the United GA got me a seat. I've seen this happen one other time when the AA airline 'endorsed' me to the UA airline and I imagine they paid them some fare. Question is, will I still get miles on AA, and will I get miles that count toward this promo? Separately, I was rebooked so quickly I didn't give the GA my United FF#. Can I get those miles as well? I'm not necessarily trying to double dip, but curious how this will get resolved. Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
I was scheduled to fly on AA tonight but the flight ended up being delayed/cancelled due to a mechanical issue. The GA put me on standby for a flight on United, and the United GA got me a seat. I've seen this happen one other time when the AA airline 'endorsed' me to the UA airline and I imagine they paid them some fare. Question is, will I still get miles on AA, and will I get miles that count toward this promo? Separately, I was rebooked so quickly I didn't give the GA my United FF#. Can I get those miles as well? I'm not necessarily trying to double dip, but curious how this will get resolved. Thanks.
You have to request ORC (original routing credit). This has happened to me before and no, I didn't get AA miles, but I also didn't ask for ORC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.