Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:08 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by combiblock
i read somehwere awhile ago that one can request SWU in-advance.

is that still possible? I have bought non-refundable tix that will qualify me for explat this year. Wondering if i can request SWU in-advance for one of the flights.
Are you asking if you can use a SWU that you will earn in the future for a future flight? No.

If you have SWUs on hand, you can request they be applied to a future flight.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: UA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
Are you asking if you can use a SWU that you will earn in the future for a future flight? No.

If you have SWUs on hand, you can request they be applied to a future flight.
thanks HNL
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
(4) Admiral Lounge passes expire end of 2013

Is there anywhere on flyertalk
that allows trade offers?
Doubt I'll fly AA again in 2013.
Or is there way to refresh them for 2014 use...?
Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Doubt I'll fly AA again in 2013.
Or is there way to refresh them for 2014 use...?
Thanks!
Try ebay, buy more there when you need them.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Trader beware, though. There's one poster over there that traded 6 systemwides and his trading partner, who still owes him, has disappeared. There are also many FTers that are banned from there for a variety of reasons (broker like behavior, for instance).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:02 pm

Do SWU trump paid for upgrades (from AA.com) on the upgrade waitlist?

I looked at the wiki but I was having difficulty understanding the hierarchy if there is any.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:56 am

Have booked CDG-LHR-LAX on AA.com
CDG-LHR operated by BA
LHR-LAX by AA

At CDG where do I check in BA ? AA ?

Also assume that I won't be able to check at any kiosk (cdg nor lhr) if any kiosk upgrade available ?

Last question : At CDG AA J check in, (at the basement), I have not noticed any kiosk, did I miss something ?
For futur trips, that will mean that I have to check in at Y to use the kiosks ? (You have to go through "security questions" prior being able to use to the Y kiosk)
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by tom911
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Trader beware, though. There's one poster over there that traded 6 systemwides and his trading partner, who still owes him, has disappeared. There are also many FTers that are banned from there for a variety of reasons (broker like behavior, for instance).
IIRC you can't transfer SWU on AA ? You can only apply them toward an existing reservation. That means that someone was able to find C 6 ?? Maybe on separate flights ?
Also if you don't receive compensation for your trade, you can't call AA and cancel the upgrade and have them back ?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:42 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Have booked CDG-LHR-LAX on AA.com
CDG-LHR operated by BA
LHR-LAX by AA

At CDG where do I check in BA ? AA ?

Also assume that I won't be able to check at any kiosk (cdg nor lhr) if any kiosk upgrade available ?

Last question : At CDG AA J check in, (at the basement), I have not noticed any kiosk, did I miss something ?
For futur trips, that will mean that I have to check in at Y to use the kiosks ? (You have to go through "security questions" prior being able to use to the Y kiosk)
You will check-in with the carrier operating hte flight departing CDG. In your case BA.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
You will check-in with the carrier operating hte flight departing CDG. In your case BA.
Thank you HNL.
If some Kiosks upgrade are available at LHR for the LHR-LAX on AA metal, would they also be available at the CDG Kiosk for the same flight ?
In other words , does the kiosk can offer upgrade only on your immediate flight or on any flight of your itinerary of the day ?

That may a stupid question as I don't believe anyone experienced a Kiosk upgrade on the 77W on this route.
As a lowly plat, I believe that will be #24 (or similar) on the airport waiting list. please correct me if I'm wrong (yes yes I won't be #24 but #32 )
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:46 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Thank you HNL.
If some Kiosks upgrade are available at LHR for the LHR-LAX on AA metal, would they also be available at the CDG Kiosk for the same flight ?
In other words , does the kiosk can offer upgrade only on your immediate flight or on any flight of your itinerary of the day ?

That may a stupid question as I don't believe anyone experienced a Kiosk upgrade on the 77W on this route.
As a lowly plat, I believe that will be #24 (or similar) on the airport waiting list. please correct me if I'm wrong (yes yes I won't be #24 but #32 )
The LFBUs are now made part of the On Line Check-in process. At 24 hours prior to the LHR departure go to AA.com and attempt to check in. If the LFBUs are available it wlll be offered.

The kiosks in CDG will not be able to pull up your LHR-USA fligh because you are at CDG
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: aa
Hello Guys,

I will take a qr flight from bcn to hkg rt, it will be on economy class S, is there any way to get american airlines miles?

thank you!
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:50 pm

Ok, quick question, that I may have asked elsewhere, but can't remember. If I want to book an AA award ticket, is all availability on their website or do I have to call?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Uuaww
Ok, quick question, that I may have asked elsewhere, but can't remember. If I want to book an AA award ticket, is all availability on their website or do I have to call?
The aa.com website is capable of booking award travel on AA and several (but not all) of AA's partners. On the award-booking page, you can click on a link which will identify those "participating" airlines which can be booked on the website. (There's also a thread in this forum which lists all of the currently bookable partners.)

For non-participating partners, you must call AA and pay the telephone-ticketing fee.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:55 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uuaww
AA awards are available on aa.com
Select partner airlines have award inventory listed on aa.com

airberlin
British Airways
Finnair
Qantas
Royal Jordanian Airlines

Alaska Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.