Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You can ask the FA not to place sacues on the food or have them on the side.
Thanks, I called AA and was told it wasn't an option. I didn't think that was correct so I thought I'd ask you folks.

Thank you again,
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Main Cabin, LAX - LHR , I presume it's standard chicken/pasta after take off, pizza slice thing before landing? Must remind my better half to bring some snacks just in case
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You can ask the FA not to place sacues on the food or have them on the side.
In business class, don't the sauces come in a small ramekin? They used to.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:45 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
In business class, don't the sauces come in a small ramekin? They used to.
Yes
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by colmc
Main Cabin, LAX - LHR , I presume it's standard chicken/pasta after take off, pizza slice thing before landing? Must remind my better half to bring some snacks just in case
LAX-LHR is a long eastbound redeye so coach should also get a hot breakfast and I believe that's how the flight is coded.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
AA #39
Departs LHR @ 12:15 p.m.
Business Class

Starter
Tandoori Shrimp, with curry sauce and lentil salad

Salad
Seasonal greens with balsamic pears, beers, almonds and blue cheese
With your choice of blue cheese dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Fillet, served with potato rissole and roasted vegetables

Tarragon Chicken, with truffle mashed potatoes, fava beans and sun dried tomatoes

Grilled Citrus Halibut, accompanied by orange basmati rice and lime vegetable medley

Rigatoni Pasta, in cream sauce with pine nuts

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae, vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate, an assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Meal

Uno's Spinach and Garlic Pizza, served with a green salad and herb vinaigrette

Cold Plate Sampler, roasted beef and grilled chicken offered with Asian couscous and greek salad

Dessert

Lemon Curd Possett

My Review:

This was one of the best meals I've ever had on an airplane! The shrimp (4) and lentil salad was very tasty. I wasn't a fan of the salad because I don't like beets or blue cheese. I per-selected the Halibut, which was delicious! I'm
sure a lot of it has to do with how the FA reheats it, but mine was perfect. (I've had very dry, inedible fish onboard before). Rice with the fish was nice, but I skipped the veggies. The ice cream sundae was yummy, as usual. For the snack, I choose the cold plate, which was also very nice and tasty. Overall, an A-. ^
Same menu as I had on AA51 (LHR-DFW). I also had the halibut and it was perfectly prepared and my reaction overall was the same: one of the best airplane meals ever. Certainly the best on a U.S. based airline. One big fail on AA's part, however: apparently the sundae toppings were not catered so dessert was just cups of ice cream.

Some pictures:

Tandoori shrimp starter and salad

Main course - citrus halibut

Pre-arrival meal - beef and chicken cold plate. Lemon curd thing was delicious.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Other than calling AA, is there anyway to see what the Kosher meal, Diabetic Meal, and Gluten-Free Meal actually is? Looking online at the 4 choices for my flight (50 out of DFW to LHR and 51 on return) I would like to choose the fish, but it's not an option.

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Thanks, I called AA and was told it wasn't an option. I didn't think that was correct so I thought I'd ask you folks.

Thank you again,
Sauce on the side/or holding its possible probably 90% of the time. On certain occasions I've been told it wasn't possible, not sure why.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Sauce on the side/or holding its possible probably 90% of the time. On certain occasions I've been told it wasn't possible, not sure why.
It's possible that if the meal is a braise or stew the sauce is effectively incorporated with the main course. Most of the time it would come in a separate container, so it should be no problem to keep it separate.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA918 LIM-MIA J September 2013

AA918 LIM-MIA J September 2013

Late Night Supper

Soup

Pumpkin
with chicken and pecans

Entrees

Chateaubriand
Complemented by white wine mustard sauce

Grilled Halibut
Accented by sundried tomato sauce

Your selected entree will be served over fresh seasonal greens, with premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Breakfast

Chilled fruit juices

A selection of breakfast breads

Wine List

Champagne
Gosset Brut Excellence

White Wine
House of Mandela Sauvignon Blanc
J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay

Red Wine
Kenefick Ranch Caitlin's Select Cabernet Franc
Vinus

2cls, Business, LIM/LPB/VVI-US, Late Night Supper

Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
AA76, LHR-ORD, Flagship First, 10.07.13

Welcome Aboard (Menu #1)
Welcome aboard American Airlines. We are very pleased to have this opportunity to serve you.

Today we have prepared a world-class inflight experience for you. We invite you to sit back and enjoy our regionally-inspired cuisine and wines, the wide array of entertainment options, and the specially selected personal items in your amenity kit. When you're ready for our Turn Down Service, let us know, and we will transform your seat into a fully flat bed.

On behalf of all of us at American Airlines, thank you for choosing to fly with us. We hope you enjoy your journey and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Warm regards,
Virasb Vahidi
Chief Commercial Officer

Flagship First Menu (Menu #2)
We're glad you're here

Food connects us to our world. Today's menu features regionally inspired cuisine designed by our award-winning culinary team. We are also pleased to offer an extensive wine list curated and paired by vintner Ken Chase.

On behalf of all of us American Airlines, welcome aboard and enjoy.

Menu
We are pleased to present an exclusive First Class menu. You may choose any combination of items for your meal to be presented at any time you wish.

Amuse-Bouche
Chicken Pakora
with mango chutney

Starters
Crab Cake
with coconut curry rice salad
or
Harissa Chicken
With mango coconut panna cotta

Soup
Morel Mushroom

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, asparagus and pesto bocconcini
With your choice of honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees
Chateaubriand
Served in green peppercorn sauce with potatoes au gratin and a mushroom, leek, and onion saute

Rosemary Cumin Chicken
Served with spinach orecchiette pasta in creamy tomato sauce

Citrus Shrimp and Scallop Sambal
Accompanied by almond jasmine rice and seasonal vegetable saute

Pennette Pasta
Please customize your pasta entree from the following options:
Marinara or Alfredo sauce
Lemon dill shrimp
Carrot, yellow squash, zucchini and onion saute
Fresh grated Parmesan

Mid-Flight Snacks
Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley

Light Meal
Offered prior to arrival

Entrees
Uno's Four Cheese and Pesto Pizza
Served with a green salad

Grilled Chicken Cold Plate
Offered with curried zucchini pasta salad and grapes

Dessert
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Flagship First Wine and Beverage Selection (Menu #3)

About our wine
Knowing and appreciating wine is a lifelong journey that can take you on a magical trip around the globe, discovering new grape varieties and regions, and meeting new friends. I would like you invite you to take part in our exclusive First Class tasting experience where you can sip and swirl our carefully selected wines at your own pace and leisure. You may find yourself making notes on the tasting sheet provided or maybe even discussing with your seat neighbor.

It is great to have you on-board today.

Enjoy!

Ken Chase
Consulting Enologist/Viticulturalist
American Airlines

Award-Winning Wines
For the third consecutive year, we are pleased to announce that Global Traveler's "Wines on the Wing" has awarded American Airlines with Best North American Wines on the Wing, Best North American Sparkling Wine and Best North American Red Wine. For more information on American's award-winning wine program, please visit www.aa.com/wine

Wine list

Champagne
Champagne Moutard Vintage 2008
Baked bread and toasted aromas and fine "mousse" define this blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

White Wine
Gerard Bertrand I'ldomptable de Cigalus, Languedoc
Full-bodied Chardonnay, rich and creamy on the palate with pear and vanilla tones

La Belle de Mai Saint Peray
Full-bodied Syrah, concentrated, intense floral and fruity nose with notes of violet and hazelnut

Red Wine
Roquette & Cazes, Douro
Makde from Touriga Nacional with refreshing acidity, black fruit flavors and silky, round tannins

Ponzi Vineyards Pinot Noir, Oregon
Nutmeg, chocolate, sandalwood and black pepper on the nose; cola, vanilla, and cassis in the mouth

Chase's Chose
A wine from our cellars specially selected by Ken Chase
Please ask your flight attendant about this wine choice

Dessert Wine
Pedro Ximenez Sherry 1927 Vintage, Spain
Made from Touriga Nacional, it is luscious on the palate with sweetness that fills the senses

Senhora do Convento Vintage Port
Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz give blackberry, walnut, and cherry flavors

Vin Santo del Chianti Rufina
To make this wine, Terbbiano and Malvasia grapes are left out in the sun to dry on straw mats.

Beverages

We are pleased to offer you a variety of beverages on today's flight, including cocktails of your choice mixed with premium liquor.

Spirits
Absolut Vodka
Bacardi Rum
Bombay Sapphire Gin

Whiskeys
Canadian Club Reserve Blended Whiskey
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey
Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
Jim Bean Devil's Cut

Beers
Amstel Light, Heineken and select U.S. beers
Additional beers may be available on select international flight

Brandy and Liquers
Baileys Irish Cream
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Fine Champagne Cognac
DiSaronno Amaretto
Kahlua

Other Beverages
Carbonated beverages
Still and sparkling water
Java City 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee
Java City decaffeinated coffee
Tea
Fruit juices
Milk

Wine tasting notes
Please indicate the wines you would like to sample as part of our exclusive Wine Flight experience.

Champagne Moutard Vintage 2008
Census records show the Moutards in Buxeuil as early as 1642, long before the Champagne style was invented; but as growers, the family excelled over the centuries.

Gerard Bertrand
Gerard Bertrand has chosen Cigalus Estate for the path to biodynamic wines...an all-natural vinticulture that reinforces the expression of the estate and Chardonnay.

La Belle de Mai Saint Peray
Hailed as the winemaking wizard of the Rhone, Jean-Luc Colombo has achieved a high-profile reputation for making innovative wines, memorable and bursting with personality

Roquette & Cazes, Douro
This sensational wine is a joint venture with the iconic Cazes family of Bordeaux, owners of Chateau Lynch-Bages, and the Roquette wine family of Portugal

Ponzi Vineyards Pinot Noir, Oregon
After many trips to Burgundy for research, Dick and Nancy Ponzi purchased 20 acres southwest of Portland and moved to the Willamette Valley in the late 1960s.

Flagship First Dessert Menu (Menu #4)

Specialty Sundae
Mocha sundae with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and coffee topping

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch, or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
As assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad
With mango sorbet

===

My impressions:
Did the wine tasting. Cool experience! They serve all of the wines in mini-glasses on a silver tray lined with notes on each wine.

Had the crab cake. Served cold--great flavor.

Salad was good and the soup was delicious.

Had the seafood entree. Good--seafood was not overcooked. My partner had the chicken entree and didn't love it.

Who doesn't love an ice cream sundae

Service was superb throughout the entire flight--proactive drink refills the entire flight, addressed by name throughout the journey, etc. Really perfect.

Question: how do I post pictures within a post? If you tell me how, I will!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
Who doesn't love an ice cream sundae
British Airways and, allegedly, their F customers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tive-feed.html
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
[QUOTE=dcfrequentflyer;21597542][B]

AA76?. Current LHR-ORD 772 flights are numbered 99,87 &47. Nice looking menu.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
[QUOTE=TheAAdmiral;21599816]
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
[B]

AA76?. Current LHR-ORD 772 flights are numbered 99,87 &47. Nice looking menu.
My bad! It was AA87. A nice menu indeed!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Any experience with the Japanese pre-order for the breakfast service out of HND? I'll be in F but a colleague in J so either experience would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.