Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've had the Chooza Tikka Masala before. It would be better if it was cubed chicken simmered in sauce instead of a whole breast with sauce. The sauce is tasty though. Main problem is that since it is spicy, it can cause indigestion if eaten too soon before bed. On a fairly short overnight flight, that's an issue.

I'm trying to decide between it and the Seared Tilapia for my DFW-MAD flight. Normally I wouldn't go near fish on an airline since it's usually past its prime and not tasty.
Thanks for the info. I tend to have a cast iron stomach so not a huge problem but the steak is always a safe choice. Of course, there's eating at the FL before flight and just trying to go straight to bed.

On a side note, I had dinner at La Carreta in MIA Tuesday. If they ever re-open the MIA FL, they should just outsource the food to La Carreta.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've had the Chooza Tikka Masala before. It would be better if it was cubed chicken simmered in sauce instead of a whole breast with sauce. The sauce is tasty though. Main problem is that since it is spicy, it can cause indigestion if eaten too soon before bed. On a fairly short overnight flight, that's an issue.

I'm trying to decide between it and the Seared Tilapia for my DFW-MAD flight. Normally I wouldn't go near fish on an airline since it's usually past its prime and not tasty.
I was surprised a couple days ago that the Chooza Tikka Masala was pieces of chicken, a nice improvement (also it dropped the "Chooza" in the on-board menu but was there in the online one). I tried my friend's tilapia and it was OK, except that parts of it tasted strongly fishy.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
and we didn't have the nicer placemat
I don't get the placemat. It makes the dining less nice, plus I have to wonder how clean they are. At least the tablecloths are presumably freshly laundered for each flight.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
AA 26 and AA 27 First Class menu

Here is the First Class menu on DFW-ICN on American Airlines 27 and ICN-DFW on American Airlines 26. (June-July 2013.)

AA 27
Amuse Bouche:
Shrimp on savory pancake

Starters:
-Smoked salmon with spring pea blinis and cream cheese; or Thai chicken with grilled five-spice pineapple, watermelon and Asian-style mint dressing. I had the salmon, which was really good.

Soup:
Corn chowder with spicy pepper sauce.

Salad:
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and pepperoncini. With creamy pickled ginger dressing or balsamic.

Entrees:
Grilled fillet of beef with tomato chile sauce, roasted onions, and broccoli poblano green; or asian-style noodles with shrimp, vegetables, and pickled ginger; or grilled chicken kimchi with Korean bbq sauce, green onion pancakes, peas, and peppers; or orecchiete pasta with tomato or mushroom alfredo sauce, with choice of Italian sausage, onion and bell pepper saute, and fresh grated parmesan; or Korean bibimbap with minced beef, seasonal vegetables and steamed rice mixed with hot pepper paste and sesame oil.

I had the Asian-style noodles, which were ok but I was very full by this point

Dessert:
Sundae with Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream and choice of hot fudge, butterscotch, or berry toppings with whipped cream and pecans; or gourmet cheese plate, or Grand Marnier fruit salad.

I had the fruit salad on both AA 26/27 and it was great. It is served with sorbet, but I had it without.

There were some mid-flight/landing snacks, but I didn't get pictures. The Korean steamed dumplings were great. Other options were sesame chicken, ramen noodle bowl, spinach and garlic pizza, and a snack basket in the galley filled with chips, cookies, and chocolate.

On the return trip, AA First Class pax get admittance to the Asiana lounge. Here is an image of the tasty snack I had there. It was eeriely quiet there because all the flights were canceled (this was right after the SFO crash).

First Class menu on AA 26

Amuse Bouche:
Korean Crepe with beef. (no pic)

Starters:
Seafood salad with Korean mayonnaise or Korean pancakes. I had both but only got a pic of the pancakes. FA made a mistake and gave me the pancakes when I ordered the seafood. The pancakes were so so, the seafood was shrimp on a bed of slaw which was pretty good.

Soup:
Creamy pumpkin. This was super tasty!

Salad:
Greens with quail egg and cheese; pepper cream or balsamic dressing.

Entrees:
Fillet of beef with dijon mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables; or sauteed chicken in madeira sauce with linguini with basil sauce, string beans, carrots, and mushrooms; or halibut with tapenade, rice, broccoli, and carrots; or penne pasta with puttanesca or gorgonzola cream sauce, chicken, bell peppers and onions, and fresh grated parmesan; or Korean bibimibap. I had the chicken which was delicious.

Desserts:
The same options as above.

Mid-flight/landing snacks:
Korean noodle salad, ham and cheddar sandwich with tomato pasta salad, seafood noodle bowl, cajun chicken with lentil salad, Swiss chard, and cherry tomatoes served with bread pudding and milk chocolate sauce.

I had the noodle salad which had rice noodles. It wasn't very good. The cajun chicken was actually pretty awesome and I had that before landing, though the bread pudding was weird.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Regarding the soups, is it safe to say they are all vegetarian (but not necessarily vegan)?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:22 pm

Cajun Chicken Breast vs Spaccatelle Pasta

On an upcoming LHR-LAX flight, I'm debating between the Cajun Chicken Breast and the Spaccatelle Pasta. Has anyone had either of these?
Cajun Chicken Breast
Offered with Noilly Prat sauce, roasted potato wedges and haricots verts
Spaccatelle Pasta
Customizable with the following options: Marinara sauce, Creamy spinach sauce, Grilled salmon with lime and cilantro, Asparagus, cherry tomato and red onion sauté, Parmesan cheese
I'm concerned that the chicken will be dried out and overly spicy, while the pasta may be over-garliced
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
On an upcoming LHR-LAX flight, I'm debating between the Cajun Chicken Breast and the Spaccatelle Pasta. Has anyone had either of these?
Cajun Chicken Breast
Offered with Noilly Prat sauce, roasted potato wedges and haricots verts
Spaccatelle Pasta
Customizable with the following options: Marinara sauce, Creamy spinach sauce, Grilled salmon with lime and cilantro, Asparagus, cherry tomato and red onion sauté, Parmesan cheese
I'm concerned that the chicken will be dried out and overly spicy, while the pasta may be over-garliced

Go with the pasta, IMHO. I have never had any pasta on AA flights that had too much garlic. And, as a bonus, you can customize it however you wish! Seems like a win-win to me.

(Chicken dishes usually are fine as well.)
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Go with the pasta, IMHO. I have never had any pasta on AA flights that had too much garlic. And, as a bonus, you can customize it however you wish! Seems like a win-win to me.
The ability to add salmon and veggies seems like a good thing. I've never had the new customizable pasta, but the older pre-set pasta dishes I've tried were always way over-garliced -- I'd be thirsty and stinky for the rest of the flight and after landing.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, PreCheck
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Regarding the soups, is it safe to say they are all vegetarian (but not necessarily vegan)?
Not at all safe to assume the soups are vegetarian. Several I've had definitely had a chicken stock base, but others did not.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by SF Traveler
Not at all safe to assume the soups are vegetarian.
Correct. I had a Tahitian crab soup a few months back on a DFW-NRT flight. It was very good.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
I had the Cajun Chicken and it wasn't dry or too spicy (and I'm not a fan of spicy food). I was pretty surprised as it was decent.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by FromMAtoAZ
I had the Cajun Chicken and it wasn't dry or too spicy (and I'm not a fan of spicy food). I was pretty surprised as it was decent.
Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:37 am

Placemat

What is the deal with the placemat? Is AA just trying to make the meal service more casual? Aesthetically, I'd rather just have the tablecloth. (I also have to wonder how often those mats are sanitized.)
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
What is the deal with the placemat? Is AA just trying to make the meal service more casual? Aesthetically, I'd rather just have the tablecloth. (I also have to wonder how often those mats are sanitized.)
It's hard to tell in the pictures but it's nice. It also plays off of the china and glassware very well. They are cleaned at each station they are off-loaded, but its not like your eating directly off the place mat. I mean how often do you think the tray tables and arm rests are sanitized?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by F&B767
It's hard to tell in the pictures but it's nice. It also plays off of the china and glassware very well. They are cleaned at each station they are off-loaded, but its not like your eating directly off the place mat. I mean how often do you think the tray tables and arm rests are sanitized?
I've had the mats on flights, but I still don't get them. While food isn't placed directly on the mats, the cutlery is. Do you know how they're cleaned (e.g., just wiped down)?

(I wipe the tray table and armrest with a disinfecting alcohol wipe during boarding; it's cut down my colds from every other trip or so to once every 2-3 years.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.