Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I see a few descriptions of the LHR-DFW J service on the 77W. But didn't notice any photos. Did I miss them? Does anyone have any?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:13 am

AA 141 LHR-JFK June 2013 First Class

June 2013 Menus

American Airlines Flagship Menu
First Class

AA 141 LHR-JFK
(London Heathrow to New York JFK/Chicago O’Hare mainly)

Dining Services
Starters
Tandoori Shrimp with Curry Sauce and lentil Salad (Not sure if I like it)

Or
Grilled eggplant and goat cheese strata with warm tomato relish with balsamic glaze

Soup
Sweet Corn
With Butternut Squash

Salad
Seasonal Greens with Balsamic pears, beets, almonds and blue cheese
Blue Cheese dressing
Or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted Gourmet breads

Entrées
Chateaubriand (Good choice)
Enhanced by shallot red wine sauce, mustard mashed potatoes and haricots verts

Or
Coriander Lime Chicken
Served with pumpkin sauce, tomato couscous and stir-fried vegetables
Or
Grilled Salmon
Offered with onion pine nut confit, spinach mashed potatoes, sautéed peppers and zucchini
Or
Eggplant Ravioli Pasta
Please customize your pasta entrée from the following options:
Creamy mushroom or red pepper sauce
Thyme Chicken
Artichoke, yellow pepper and cherry tomato medley
Fresh grated Parmesan

Dessert Menu

Specialty Sundae
Bananas Foster sundae with vanilla ice cream and banana caramel topping

Ben & Jerry’s Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla Ice Cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad
With Lemon Sorbet

Light Meal
Entrées
Uno’s Spinach and Garlic Pizza
Accompanied by a green salad with Italian herb vinaigrette

Or
Sliced Beef Cold Plate
Offered with tabbouleh kebab and Caprese Salad

Dessert
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on Board

3Cls,First, LHR Short Haul, Lunch/Dinner – Snack
73PM217 6/13 111F019-3B
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Carfield
June 2013 Menus

American Airlines Flagship Menu
First Class

AA 141 LHR-JFK
(London Heathrow to New York JFK/Chicago O’Hare mainly)
Adrian: On a 772 or 773? I presume it doesn't matter??
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc.

With the new Choose your Entree program, I was looking to see if anybody had tried some of the choices I have for an upcoming flight (I've listed them below) and didn't find a 2013 thread for International Meals (did see the prior year threads).

Is there not a thread for 2013 International Meals? If so, please steer me in the right direction (I searched but didn't see anything). If not, should there be one? With Choose your Entree, it's rather useful info.

BCN-JFK J choices:

Seared Tilapia with Herb Sauce
Chooza Tikka Masala
Beef Fillet with Foyot Sauce
Ravioli
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your query has been merged into the existing thread. Advanced search, search thread titles, threads only - use keywords international or menus or international+menus.

Enjoy! /Moderator

Originally Posted by JMN57
With the new Choose your Entree program, I was looking to see if anybody had tried some of the choices I have for an upcoming flight (I've listed them below) and didn't find a 2013 thread for International Meals (did see the prior year threads).

Is there not a thread for 2013 International Meals? If so, please steer me in the right direction (I searched but didn't see anything). If not, should there be one? With Choose your Entree, it's rather useful info....
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Your query has been merged into the existing thread. Advanced search, search thread titles, threads only - use keywords international or menus or international+menus.

Enjoy! /Moderator
Thanks - I did an advanced search in AA on 2013 International Meals and came up empty - that's why I posted - thanks for getting it to the right spot.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
BCN-JFK J choices:

Chooza Tikka Masala
Ravioli
I got the same options for my MIA to LHR flight today (777 in Business). I chose the beef fillet. SO is traveling MIA to BCN next week (767 in First). She chose the Chooza Tikka Masala. I'll report back on both in the next few days.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by cyncyn129
I got the same options for my MIA to LHR flight today (777 in Business). I chose the beef fillet. SO is traveling MIA to BCN next week (767 in First). She chose the Chooza Tikka Masala. I'll report back on both in the next few days.
Thanks very much. I'm leaning towards the known in the beef filet but the Tikka could be great or terrible. Getting feedback from someone who tried it is valuable.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

Is there not a thread for 2013 International Meals? If so, please steer me in the right direction (I searched but didn't see anything). If not, should there be one? With Choose your Entree, it's rather useful info.

BCN-JFK J choices:

Chooza Tikka Masala
Ravioli
I've had the Chooza Tikka Masala before. It would be better if it was cubed chicken simmered in sauce instead of a whole breast with sauce. The sauce is tasty though. Main problem is that since it is spicy, it can cause indigestion if eaten too soon before bed. On a fairly short overnight flight, that's an issue.

I'm trying to decide between it and the Seared Tilapia for my DFW-MAD flight. Normally I wouldn't go near fish on an airline since it's usually past its prime and not tasty.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I love those new water glasses. Are they only for 3 class F cabins? I just flew in J on a 763 to/from HEL and our water was just in normal glasses and we didn't have the nicer placemat
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Which meal should I choose?

Flying C on AA154 NRT-ORD, meal choices are:
  • Entrée: Salmon with vegetable roll served with mixed mushrooms and chrysanthemum sauce
  • Chicken with Red Wine Sauce: Grilled, marinated breast of chicken topped with basil butter and a red wine and tomato demi-glace, served with wild mushroom risotto and seasonal vegetables
  • Farfalle Pasta: With shiitake mushroom sauce and vegetable medley
  • Wagyu Beef: In red wine sauce with black sesame rice and Japanese vegetables
  • Kurobuta Pork Belly: With braising sauce, soy sauce and dashi mashed potatoes and Japanese vegetables

Which one should I pick?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Henry82
  • Entrée: Salmon with vegetable roll served with mixed mushrooms and chrysanthemum sauce
  • Chicken with Red Wine Sauce: Grilled, marinated breast of chicken topped with basil butter and a red wine and tomato demi-glace, served with wild mushroom risotto and seasonal vegetables
  • Kurobuta Pork Belly: With braising sauce, soy sauce and dashi mashed potatoes and Japanese vegetables

Which one should I pick?
The Japanese meal?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Henry82

Which one should I pick?
It's not fair to a stranger pick our meal choice... You know yourself better than anyone.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Anybody got any opinions on the following selections:

Shrimp and Scallop Provençal - Shrimp and scallops with Provençal sauce accompanied by lemon tarragon rice and zucchini and eggplant tapenade roll

Cajun Chicken Breast - Offered with Noilly Prat sauce, roasted potato wedges and haricots verts

Spaccatelle Pasta - With marinara sauce and vegetable medley

Grilled Fillet of Beef - Served with green peppercorn sauce
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by wrp96
Shrimp and Scallop Provençal - Shrimp and scallops with Provençal sauce accompanied by lemon tarragon rice and zucchini and eggplant tapenade roll
This one was just okay. The curry version is better, but not this Provençal one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.