Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I was excited to see the guy kiddie corner from me
(bolding mine)

A kiddie corner on a plane? Now that would be a neat idea, as long as I could be seated away from it.

(I assume you meant kitty-corner).
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
AA #39
Departs LHR @ 12:15 p.m.
Business Class

Starter
Tandoori Shrimp, with curry sauce and lentil salad

Salad
Seasonal greens with balsamic pears, beers, almonds and blue cheese
With your choice of blue cheese dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Fillet, served with potato rissole and roasted vegetables

Tarragon Chicken, with truffle mashed potatoes, fava beans and sun dried tomatoes

Grilled Citrus Halibut, accompanied by orange basmati rice and lime vegetable medley

Rigatoni Pasta, in cream sauce with pine nuts

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae, vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate, an assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Meal

Uno's Spinach and Garlic Pizza, served with a green salad and herb vinaigrette

Cold Plate Sampler, roasted beef and grilled chicken offered with Asian couscous and greek salad

Dessert

Lemon Curd Possett

My Review:

This was one of the best meals I've ever had on an airplane! The shrimp (4) and lentil salad was very tasty. I wasn't a fan of the salad because I don't like beets or blue cheese. I per-selected the Halibut, which was delicious! I'm
sure a lot of it has to do with how the FA reheats it, but mine was perfect. (I've had very dry, inedible fish onboard before). Rice with the fish was nice, but I skipped the veggies. The ice cream sundae was yummy, as usual. For the snack, I choose the cold plate, which was also very nice and tasty. Overall, an A-. ^
Ditto. Had this identical menu on #71 FRA->DFW on Monday but opted for the Beef Tenderloin. Everything was first-rate but I wish I had taken the cold plate instead of the pizza.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by riced
Which do you recommend, the Fillet of Beef, or Lemon Grass Chicken with Achiote Sauce? Can I expect something close to medium rare if I ask politely? Thanks
You can definitely ask them to cook it medium rare in F. I ask for mine to be rare, telling them that I don't mind if it is a little cold inside. More often than not, I get it the way I want.

That said, I really wish AA (and airlines in general) would experiment with different cuts of beef from filet. It is a dry and bland cut of meat with too little marbling. Why not try a strip steak or a ribeye? AA is based in TX after all.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by PresRDC
You can definitely ask them to cook it medium rare in F. I ask for mine to be rare, telling them that I don't mind if it is a little cold inside. More often than not, I get it the way I want.

That said, I really wish AA (and airlines in general) would experiment with different cuts of beef from filet. It is a dry and bland cut of meat with too little marbling. Why not try a strip steak or a ribeye? AA is based in TX after all.
Yet good beef comes from Iowa and Nebraska

I choose fillets at a nice restaurant, but your point resonates when talking about reheated food on a plane.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Brie and Leek Ravioli Pasta

With San Marzano tomato sauce and vegetable medley
Any comments on this? (I saw a number of posts listing it but not discussing it.)
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by jtw_mia
Bibimbap (beef and fresh vegetables, add rice and hot sauce/sesame oil). Sides of kimchi, pickled cucumber, and egg. Beansprout soup in a clear broth. Everything was very good and the stainless chopsticks are classy.
This looks great, nice to see AA is investing on premium service. Investing on new plates and silverware for a flight only operates once a day may not be economical. But I do think this is right direction if an airline wants to fill first class and business class seats with passenger who actually pay for first class and business class fare, rather than passengers using SWU or AAdvantage miles.

Wonder how is this Bibimbap rate by native Koreans? Native Japanese colleague who is AA flyer once told me that he orders Japanese meal ex-Japan but will not order Japanese meal ex-U.S. He said that other Japanese colleagues say same thing. He said Japanese meal ex-U.S. is not par with Japanese meal ex-Japan. He thinks seasoning of Japanese meal ex-U.S. is more based on taste buds of the U.S. He said just pick example about white rice, ex-U.S. flights’ white rice is little too moist or little too dry for taste buds of Japanese but white rice ex-Japan flights has moisture and texture which Japanese prefer.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by anabolism
With San Marzano tomato sauce and vegetable medley
Any comments on this? (I saw a number of posts listing it but not discussing it.)
The ravioli has the potential to be great. BH had it on a trip a few months ago, taste was A+, alas not very salted (which is kinda par for the course from italians' perspective) and overcooked. Maybe we can ask for Ravioli to be medium rare
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
AA #39
Departs LHR @ 12:15 p.m.
Business Class

Starter
Tandoori Shrimp, with curry sauce and lentil salad

Salad
Seasonal greens with balsamic pears, beers, almonds and blue cheese
With your choice of blue cheese dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Fillet, served with potato rissole and roasted vegetables

Tarragon Chicken, with truffle mashed potatoes, fava beans and sun dried tomatoes

Grilled Citrus Halibut, accompanied by orange basmati rice and lime vegetable medley

Rigatoni Pasta, in cream sauce with pine nuts

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae, vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate, an assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Meal

Uno's Spinach and Garlic Pizza, served with a green salad and herb vinaigrette

Cold Plate Sampler, roasted beef and grilled chicken offered with Asian couscous and greek salad

Dessert

Lemon Curd Possett

My Review:

This was one of the best meals I've ever had on an airplane! The shrimp (4) and lentil salad was very tasty. I wasn't a fan of the salad because I don't like beets or blue cheese. I per-selected the Halibut, which was delicious! I'm
sure a lot of it has to do with how the FA reheats it, but mine was perfect. (I've had very dry, inedible fish onboard before). Rice with the fish was nice, but I skipped the veggies. The ice cream sundae was yummy, as usual. For the snack, I choose the cold plate, which was also very nice and tasty. Overall, an A-. ^
Exact same menu on AA113 BCN-MIA on 9/24... I also preordered the halibut, which was not overcooked and fairly good.
Mrs.G unfortunately preordered a special Veg meal, which was pretty funky! Unfortunately, she didn't get a printed menu, so I can't say exactly what it was, but lots of starch and steamed veggies. No dairy at all, so it was Vegan, even though she didn't ask for that.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Don't suppose anybody has tried the Duck with Plum Sauce on PEK/PVG-US recently? It's an option on my PEK-ORD in the next few days that I am considering, though curious to see if the convection oven on the 777 will destroy the quality of the meal..
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:56 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by billgrates3
No dairy at all, so it was Vegan, even though she didn't ask for that.
Typical. Sadly vegans seem to rule anymore.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
On ICN-DFW flights: Has anyone tried or seen a review of either the Fillet of beef with dijon mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables; or halibut with tapenade, rice, broccoli, and carrots? Trying to decide on a pre-order between one of these or maybe the bibimbap (which I've seen pictured). Thinking the airline bibimbap may be a letdown after a week in Korea with access to the real thing.

-AJ
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
On ICN-DFW flights: Has anyone tried or seen a review of either the Fillet of beef with dijon mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables; or halibut with tapenade, rice, broccoli, and carrots? Trying to decide on a pre-order between one of these or maybe the bibimbap (which I've seen pictured). Thinking the airline bibimbap may be a letdown after a week in Korea with access to the real thing.

-AJ
I beleive if you go back a couple of pages you will see a review of them
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I saw the flight and entrees mentioned but reviewer took different selections. Did I miss them?

-AJ
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Could someone please answer if the sauces are on the side from the entree? I'm having issues with all spices. Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Could someone please answer if the sauces are on the side from the entree? I'm having issues with all spices. Thanks
You can ask the FA not to place sacues on the food or have them on the side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.