FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:58 am
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
AA #39
Departs LHR @ 12:15 p.m.
Business Class

Starter
Tandoori Shrimp, with curry sauce and lentil salad

Salad
Seasonal greens with balsamic pears, beers, almonds and blue cheese
With your choice of blue cheese dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Fillet, served with potato rissole and roasted vegetables

Tarragon Chicken, with truffle mashed potatoes, fava beans and sun dried tomatoes

Grilled Citrus Halibut, accompanied by orange basmati rice and lime vegetable medley

Rigatoni Pasta, in cream sauce with pine nuts

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae, vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate, an assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Meal

Uno's Spinach and Garlic Pizza, served with a green salad and herb vinaigrette

Cold Plate Sampler, roasted beef and grilled chicken offered with Asian couscous and greek salad

Dessert

Lemon Curd Possett

My Review:

This was one of the best meals I've ever had on an airplane! The shrimp (4) and lentil salad was very tasty. I wasn't a fan of the salad because I don't like beets or blue cheese. I per-selected the Halibut, which was delicious! I'm
sure a lot of it has to do with how the FA reheats it, but mine was perfect. (I've had very dry, inedible fish onboard before). Rice with the fish was nice, but I skipped the veggies. The ice cream sundae was yummy, as usual. For the snack, I choose the cold plate, which was also very nice and tasty. Overall, an A-. ^
Same menu as I had on AA51 (LHR-DFW). I also had the halibut and it was perfectly prepared and my reaction overall was the same: one of the best airplane meals ever. Certainly the best on a U.S. based airline. One big fail on AA's part, however: apparently the sundae toppings were not catered so dessert was just cups of ice cream.

Some pictures:

Tandoori shrimp starter and salad

Main course - citrus halibut

Pre-arrival meal - beef and chicken cold plate. Lemon curd thing was delicious.