Due to lack of positive feed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Due to lack of positive feed

Feedback.

Ice cream sundaes are being stopped in First from the winter schedule.
Have you ever been asked for your opinion on this? thought not!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Feedback.

Wow, why would BA do that? Hard to believe, but coming from you it must be true.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I assume they asked the same people that said they'd rather not have hot food in the GC lounges outside of designated meal times, and we just LOVE afternoon tea.

How are they on BA? Never tried one, but the ones AA offer are delicious.

I've only flown first twice so far, one the crew kept topping me up with champagne my next memory was waking up in the hotel (I can function pretty normally after drinking a lot, but my memory gets killed quite quickly), the other time was a night flight so I just sampled a light dish from the menu and went to sleep.

I'm in F both ways on the A380 this November, I'm assuming they'll be gone by then?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Toothpicks have also been dropped from the CW cutlery pack.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Same people that asked would you prefer to be served you drinks by hand or from a trolley.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Toothpicks have also been dropped from the CW cutlery pack.
Don't be silly, they have been enhanced.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21595024-post617.html

Ours are much better than that plastic bamboo abortion
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Feedback.

Like the ice cream in CW, the crew have n't actively offered these (tend to do 1-2 long haul F or CW a month), so no wonder they're beingcut.

In fact that's a bit unfair of me, as the mixed fleet crews do tend to more proactive about service - this included.

Sad to say, but most legacy crew nowadays are clueless about even the main bits of the F menu, and repeatedly incapable of serving food inthe correct order (soup after main anyone?).

VD Post's next big thing needs to be training the legacy F crew how to carry out a basic meal service as too many are just clueless nowadays, or just speeding up mixed fleet, who in my experience (on multiple occasions) are just so much faster, better trained and just 'get it'.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Sad to say, but most legacy crew nowadays are clueless about even the main bits of the F menu, and repeatedly incapable of serving food inthe correct order (soup after main anyone?).
I've never had such an issue and I do 2-4 long haul flights on BA per month, generally in F, most of the time at the moment on WW routes but with some MF as well. Maybe I've been lucky or you've been unlucky.

Apart from one occasion when I was forgotten for the main course while seated in 10A (it was MF), the worst I've seen are incorrect placement of cutlery and forgetting to ask if I want jam or marmalade for the breakfast bread (both happened on both fleets and not uncommon).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Oct 12, 2013 at 11:10 am
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Looks like Swanhunter's twice daily (thrice on Tuesdays) letter campaign paid off then
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I see knifes incorrectly placed numerous times, the last time was on a trip report on the inaugural A380 to LAX, it is one of the many things that annoy me as attention to detail is a must.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Generalising like that is a bit unfair on the crew from both fleets. We have posters from BA cabin crew from all the fleets I can think of (WW, EF, MF, LGW and BACF) they obviously care enough to post here.

There's crew of all fleets that are less than brilliant (although I've never experienced terrible, but I'm sure they exist too) but I've submitted well dones for great service on all fleets (most happen to be MF, but that's just because of the routes I fly).
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
<big snip>

Apart from one occasion when I was forgotten for the main course while seated in 10A (it was MF), the worst I've seen are incorrect placement of cutlery and forgetting to ask if I want jam or marmalade for the breakfast bread.
Oh, those First world problems, as we peasants in CW unwrap our roll of frozen cutlery (with salt/pepper sachet and no toothpick)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Like the ice cream in CW, the crew have n't actively offered these (tend to do 1-2 long haul F or CW a month), so no wonder they're beingcut.

In fact that's a bit unfair of me, as the mixed fleet crews do tend to more proactive about service - this included.

VD Post's next big thing needs to be training the legacy F crew how to carry out a basic meal service as too many are just clueless nowadays, or just speeding up mixed fleet, who in my experience (on multiple occasions) are just so much faster, better trained and just 'get it'.
Not in my experience.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:11 am
G*G

They always seem to 'run out' of ice cream anyway. Actually the only thing I've ever not had my first choice on - quite a few times.

Sundaes can be nice on a flight (United do nice ones!) but always felt it kind of pointless for BA to have it on offer when they don't ever actually have enough. (Won't even insinuate that these are finding better consumers in the onboard staff canteen..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.