Wiki Posts
Search

Due to lack of positive feed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Royce

On the plus side, pens are in the new F kits, baby steps.
When did that start? It wasn't in mine on 11th. I think a pen is a good addition although I seem to carry a lot of pens around with me anyway.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm not fussed about ice cream disappearing from the winter schedule, although it would be nice to have it back in the summer.

The only time I've asked for ice cream in F I was told it was melted (although I did ask at afternoon tea about 6.5 hours into the flight).

I would much rather have a delicious fancy dessert in F than something I can make at home.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's going for good, but knowing BA that could mean it is back next week.
The pens are in the new wasbags which I believe are only on the A380 at the moment, same with the grey sleeper suits.
I think that BA are trying to make the A380 feel extra special at the moment.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
What was the question?
Would you prefer drinks served by hand or drinks served from a trolley?
Hand served bar runs are an excellent improvement - it can be almost as fast, and is much more personal & pleasant.

Can't see any improvement in removing ice cream however!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
It's going for good, but knowing BA that could mean it is back next week.
The pens are in the new wasbags which I believe are only on the A380 at the moment, same with the grey sleeper suits.
I think that BA are trying to make the A380 feel extra special at the moment.
Perhaps that's why Peter was cold. They kept the ice cream in the WTP cabin to stop it melting! This temperature issue will fix itself when the winter schedule comes in. The WTP cabin will just become a fridge for the LPGS rather than a freezer.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:57 am

The pens given out in the F kit are a bit cheap.

Compared to the ones I klep from the Sofitels, I wouldn't retain the BA ones longer than I needed to.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Have just relayed this news to Mrs Lem, who is now upset. She wishes to pass on positive feedback immediately.

Apparently it was very nice
If that is it, I can't see what the excitements about, I'm afraid. Looks like something anyone could knock up at home.

Retaining the mini tubs of ice cream, on the other hand, is something they should really do.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by bafan
If that is it, I can't see what the excitements about, I'm afraid. Looks like something anyone could knock up at home.

Retaining the mini tubs of ice cream, on the other hand, is something they should really do.
Doesn't look special. If it was served in the lounge it'd be described as 'frozen stuff with some gloop on top'. The ones I had on AA were very nice.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Ice cream sundaes are being stopped in First from the winter schedule.
Have you ever been asked for your opinion on this? thought not!
There are several mechanisms through which an airline can determine whether or not a catering product appears to be a success.

i) asking customers or monitoring their comments on feedback forms or through other channels, such as the futures lab or an event for FFP members

ii) asking cabin crew if the product appears to be popular and/or recording this data through the iPad

iii) monitoring offloads, i.e. counting the portions of ice cream offloaded - although this approach may be tricky for ice cream because it could have melted by the time the trolley is back the catering factory, especially on a hot day, perhaps you could get around it by counting the number of unused sundae glasses/bowls.

Accordingly there might be slightly more to this than meets the eye.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by bafan
If that is it, I can't see what the excitements about, I'm afraid. Looks like something anyone could knock up at home. [...]
Sure, true, but does everything always has to be better than at home? ... I for example has always been looking forward to the ice cream because I like it. Otherwise I wouldn't have it at home too

But I completely, the sundae of AA is truly great ^ And of course any haagen daz ice cream, pleaaaaseeeee
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well ii) & iii) didn't happen, in the case of iii) as you say the evidence had melted and we don't have sundae glasses.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by origin
Maybe the same person who drinks the coffee and says that its lovely, can I have more.
Aaargh... that's me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.