Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Due to lack of positive feed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:13 pm
Suspended

on my first and probably last flight in BA F, i went to the galley and asked for ice cream a few hours into the flight. the crew said that it was probably all melted by now but they took a flimsy cardboard box out of one of the trolly things anyway and they were still solid. a bunch of pre-formed scoops of frozen something that somewhat resembled ice cream. they threw a couple of those lumps into a bowl and handed it too me. no toppings, sauce, whatever. it was a pretty pathetic sight. i wish i had taken a picture.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Like the ice cream in CW, the crew have n't actively offered these (tend to do 1-2 long haul F or CW a month), so no wonder they're beingcut.

In fact that's a bit unfair of me, as the mixed fleet crews do tend to more proactive about service - this included.

Sad to say, but most legacy crew nowadays are clueless about even the main bits of the F menu, and repeatedly incapable of serving food inthe correct order (soup after main anyone?).

VD Post's next big thing needs to be training the legacy F crew how to carry out a basic meal service as too many are just clueless nowadays, or just speeding up mixed fleet, who in my experience (on multiple occasions) are just so much faster, better trained and just 'get it'.
What complete and utter rubbish. "Legacy" crew are what have built BA up over the years. There's no need to turn this into a WW v MF debate as they are both British Airways.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Oh for the love of all things flying

Glad I still managed to enjoy a sundae (absolutely delicious!) in F last month.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
I quite liked it and my kids loved it when they had this. They were frozen solid each time though.
Will be missed!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Are they any more consistsnt in handing out the famed first chocolates these days?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Like the ice cream in CW, the crew have n't actively offered these (tend to do 1-2 long haul F or CW a month), so no wonder they're beingcut.

In fact that's a bit unfair of me, as the mixed fleet crews do tend to more proactive about service - this included.

Sad to say, but most legacy crew nowadays are clueless about even the main bits of the F menu, and repeatedly incapable of serving food inthe correct order (soup after main anyone?).

VD Post's next big thing needs to be training the legacy F crew how to carry out a basic meal service as too many are just clueless nowadays, or just speeding up mixed fleet, who in my experience (on multiple occasions) are just so much faster, better trained and just 'get it'.
Well said.

I've had some truly excellent legacy crews, but I've also had some really superb Mixed Fleet crews in recent months.

The service processes are changing fast and it's really important for BA to ensure the Legacy teams get the training they need to maintain the standards set by the new routines.

I won't miss the Sundaes myself, but hope the Chilled Chocolate Fondant makes a re-appearance soon:

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by oscietra

I won't miss the Sundaes myself, but hope the Chilled Chocolate Fondant makes a re-appearance soon:
It is currently available in F on some routes. I saw it on the menu a couple of days ago.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Due to lack of positive feed

Having recently had a sundae on both BA and AA I can say that AA wins hands down. However the BA one was pretty good and the crew seemed excited to serve it which was pretty cool. Indeed, on both F flights on BA the crew were pretty creative with the toppings.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by T8191
Toothpicks have also been dropped from the CW cutlery pack.
I noticed that on my CW flight from LHR to LAX on the A380 recently. However there was a toothpick in the pack on the return leg so I put it down to a mistake.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
What a strange move ... tho' accounting logic dictates that it's hard to gauge how many you will need and there will be issues here with being short or it going to waste, it is F.

AA has it easy since they only have sundaes as a sweet, a cheese plate being the only alternative in J. In F you can get the custom Sundae, or a special variety which changes from time to time. Recent variant on the 77W (which has an espresso machine on board) was an affogato with chocolate fudge. Not bad ...
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Originally Posted by can i help you
feedback.

Ice cream sundaes are being stopped in first from the winter schedule.
Have you ever been asked for your opinion on this? Thought not!
stop the winter not ice cream!!!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:32 am

I'd rather have some really good British puddings in first, rather than the sundae I'm afraid.

Something like apple (and blackberry) crumble, spotted dick, sticky toffee pudding, syrup sponge etc. But all with a choice of a really good ice cream, or custard, or cream.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have just relayed this news to Mrs Lem, who is now upset. She wishes to pass on positive feedback immediately.

Apparently it was very nice
Old Oct 13, 2013, 3:24 am

The above picture looks like someone was late calling for a the midwife.

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I'd rather have some really good British puddings in first, rather than the sundae I'm afraid.

Something like apple (and blackberry) crumble, spotted dick, sticky toffee pudding, syrup sponge etc.

But all with a choice of a really good ice cream, or custard, or cream.
+1 a very good suggestion. BA's menus switch from trying to be very "British" to not having any cohesive theme whatsoever; very confusing!

Though personally, I'm less keen on Spotted Dick. It has the potential to cause alarm, especially on the San Francisco run.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Ice cream sundae wasn't listed on either DXB rotation a couple of weeks ago. I've got an F flight over the winter schedule swap, so I'll see if it appears and disappears.

On the plus side, pens are in the new F kits, baby steps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.