Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
But if the aeroplane is not going to actually depart, then don't herd the passengers into the aeroplane
As the initial scheduled departure was nearly five hours ago, perhaps the ground stop on DCA-bound flights had not been implemented when it was time to board and de-ice. Perhaps the ground stop/delay was implemented after everyone was onboard and the plane was de-iced. Not much anyone can do at that point. Of course, the new federal rules may result in fines for AA if pax were held captive for over three hours.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Definitely in the same boat, albeit not AA (but DL). Landed at 2129 and parked at the gate at 0014. Sad thing was this storm didn't do what the forecast called for; moved much quicker and produced way more ice than snow. Be grateful that they are giving you updates, I have been in similar situations where the crew was sparse on details, mainly because they didn't have an update.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
irrops at ORD today 1/27

Looks like lots of proactive cancellations in anticipation of chicago weather this afternoon - hope everyone gets to their destination safely!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
AA 2018 DFW-EWR was cancelled today.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:07 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
AA/136 LAX-LHR on Feb 1 diverted to ORD and dumped fuel before continuing on to LHR two hours later -- looks like 3 hr delay. Anyone know what happened?

And AA/87 LHR-ORD cancelled 2/3. Related?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
AA/136 LAX-LHR on Feb 1 diverted to ORD and dumped fuel before continuing on to LHR two hours later -- looks like 3 hr delay. Anyone know what happened?

Your answer seems to be in this thread:
Odd coincidence at ORD and AA's mx issues

Originally Posted by mylifenomadic
I was scheduled to be on flight AA98 last night from Chicago to Heathrow, which, after delaying every 30 minutes for 3 hours, deplaning, and having pax wait in the airport for another 3 hours, finally cancelled the flight due to mechanical issues and then made pax wait another 1.5 hours to offload the bags.

During the time we were waiting at the gate, the AA LAX to LHR flight made an emergency landing at ORD due to mechanical issues as well, but either switched aircraft or fixed the problem after 1-2 hours. No displaced pax from the cancelled ORD-LHR flight were allowed to standby when the LAX-LHR flight departed from ORD.

<snip>

The agents at the airport were frustrated but kept their composure and pax were accommodated at various hotels (myself at the Crowne Plaza which is quite nice) but due to AA's mishandling of the situation and delays offloading baggage, I couldn't check in until 4:30am and have to check at noon.

<snip>
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:04 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO

No
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 am

AA 963 tonight.

AA 963 was delayed 4 hours. AA said they had a change of equipment. Wonder if the 77W did not go out tonight. Anyone has any info?

Flightaware showing UNKNOW aircraft

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL963
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:03 am

Appears to be mechanical and got switched to a 772. Too bad for the pax wanting to fly on the new plane!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Still shows a 77W on flightaware?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Still shows a 77W on flightaware?
I'm afraid that doesn't mean much - sometimes it's slow to update.

Was indeed a 772:

Comments:
☨DTE CHNG FLT☨ ORIG 6FEB
DFW 835P D D23
GRU ☨ 1030A
5DFW/6DFW-GRU NRML 773W WILL OPT IN 772A EQP. EDM N7LB OTS
FTWDP GAINES *2139
3DFW/ETD2359 CEQ *2350
7DFW/AUTO REACCOM DELAYED FLT SEE N*0963FEB06DFW *2231*CRCYMG
4DFW/OUT0003 OFF0038 *0038
2GRU/ETA1418 *0608

EDM N7LB OTS = Equipment Distribution Mechanical - ship N7LB (N718AN) - Out Of Service

Last edited by IflyonAA; Feb 7, 2013 at 5:30 am
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Its not just getting a new plane or not; I would be interested to hear how passengers were re-accommodated on this flight, including J, MCE and MC.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Just landed in DFW, new pretty bird sitting at the gate. That would be a bummer for those who flew specifically for it.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: EXP
Curious about flight path on route

I checked several AA963 flight paths on flightaware.com and they all avoid Cuban airspace. Is this so no fees have to be paid to Cuban government?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by onesocalkid
Just landed in DFW, new pretty bird sitting at the gate. That would be a bummer for those who flew specifically for it.
There are 2 at DFW now, I hope one of them heads to Brazil today as I'm on that flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.