Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilkhats44
AA 2357 (ORD-DFW) was delayed over 2 hours on 3/23. The inbound came from Cancun. Also, it was a 752 and not the schedule MD-80. Do anyone know why there was an equipment swap?
Suburban Chicago schools started spring break on Saturday.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
AA 135 JFK-HND delayed till 9pm. Apparently one of the cargo doors was damaged (not exactly sure by what/why/etc.) and AA originally tried to fix it on the spot. Technician came on board and announced the plane is being swapped for another.

Now I'm missing my connecting HND-SIN flight
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
AA 135 JFK-HND delayed till 9pm. Apparently one of the cargo doors was damaged (not exactly sure by what/why/etc.) and AA originally tried to fix it on the spot. Technician came on board and announced the plane is being swapped for another.

Now I'm missing my connecting HND-SIN flight
Yuck. Have you been rebooked on the next morning's NRT-SIN?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yuck. Have you been rebooked on the next morning's NRT-SIN?
Actually on SQ 335 HND-SIN. Leaves at 6:35am. Should be interesting!

We actually pushed back at 9:15 so the crew would not go bad. Currently parked sideways by JFK gate 3 as catering is currently loading the flight. More like a 10pm departure.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
AA 1445, Replaced by 9265 with 762

If you are flying AA 1445 ORD-LAX this afternoon, it has been replaced by special segment flight 9265 (same dep/arr), but with a 762 instead of a 757. If you are in F already, you might want to snag one of the few seats left in the 1st cabin. If you are upgrading and haven't cleared, you'll have very good odds today since 40 seats are being sold as F.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Why was AA 3826 DCA-JFK cancelled today? (EF note: "ACCT."?)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. ExpertFlyer Flight Status notes if they mean anything (is there a key for these?) :

Comments:
AMERICAN EAGLE AIRLINES
DCA 1250P B 33
JFK 8 32G 210P
1FX CANCEL DCA -JFK -ACCT.
S *0850
7DCA/AUTO REACCOM CXL FLT COMPLETED SEE N*3826MAR26DCA P1 *0903*CRCYMG
We've been reaccommodated, but not with great options (we have a connecting flight, same res).

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:08 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. ExpertFlyer Flight Status notes if they mean anything (is there a key for these?) :

We've been reaccommodated, but not with great options (we have a connecting flight, same res).

Thanks!
We do have a key on the FT AA wiki here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ion-FLIFO_(AA)

Unfortunately, I've never been very good at reading flight status notes...

(Haven't looked closely, but perhaps due to cancelled inbound flight?)

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 26, 2013 at 9:33 am Reason: Fixed link
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JY1024
We do have a key on the FT AA wiki here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...tion-FLIFO_(AA)

Your link is missing a ')' at the end. Thank for the info - this is useful.

Working link: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ion-FLIFO_(AA)
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by JY1024
We do have a key on the FT AA wiki here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...tion-FLIFO_(AA)

Thanks for this! Still can't figure out what the actual reason is. Looks like one of the codes should follow "ACCT." (on account of/because), and the only thing that I see is the "S" on the next line but not sure what that means.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Thanks for this! Still can't figure out what the actual reason is. Looks like one of the codes should follow "ACCT." (on account of/because), and the only thing that I see is the "S" on the next line but not sure what that means.

Thoughts?
Well, looks like your inbound aircraft was likely AA 3792 (JFK-DCA scheduled arrival 12:15 PM.)

Similar comments:
Comments:
AMERICAN EAGLE AIRLINES
JFK 1100A 8 31D
DCA 6 B 33 1215P
1FX CANCEL JFK -DCA -ACCT.
S *0850
7JFK/AUTO REACCOM CXL FLT COMPLETED SEE N*3792MAR26JFK P1 *0901*CRCYMG
Edit to add:

Okay, tracing that aircraft even further back, I think the inbound for AA 3792 is actually AA 3824, which is Port Columbus Ohio (CMH) to JFK. That flight was scheduled to depart at 8:30 AM and arrive at 10:10 AM into JFK. Unfortunately, the plane never took off this morning... It's currently showing a 5:45 PM departure out of CMH. (Notes don't say much...not sure if the originally-scheduled aircraft is just delayed or if they're bringing in another plane for that flight.)

Perhaps it's due to some of the weather issues in that area? Could have caued some aircraft positioning issues or crew positioning issues.

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 26, 2013 at 9:52 am
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
If you are flying AA 1445 ORD-LAX this afternoon, it has been replaced by special segment flight 9265 (same dep/arr), but with a 762 instead of a 757. If you are in F already, you might want to snag one of the few seats left in the 1st cabin. If you are upgrading and haven't cleared, you'll have very good odds today since 40 seats are being sold as F.
What is a 762 even doing at ORD?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:45 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
AA 19 - 1/Apr/2013

Diverted to ORD whilst en route to LAX
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:26 am

ZRH Cancelled Flight

This morning's AA65 ZRH-JFK was cancelled due to mechanical issues. My dad was supposed to be on this flight, connecting from TLV. I haven't heard from him as he doesn't have an international cell phone and probably doesn't know how to go about making a call to me from the airport.

I called AA and was told he was re-booked on a flight tomorrow via MAD. They didn't have any details on whether he was given a hotel or anything, said that he would had to have asked for a voucher for meals/hotel. Is there a standard hotel that AA uses in ZRH for stuck passengers? I wanted to call the hotel to see if he checked in. Hoping he isn't just planning on sitting in the airport for 24 hours because he doesn't know any better, which is something I can see him doing.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
There is a Radisson directly in the airport that'd be the logical choice for stranded passenger accommodation: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-zurichairport/contact. Try calling them.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by bhomburg
There is a Radisson directly in the airport that'd be the logical choice for stranded passenger accommodation: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-zurichairport/contact. Try calling them.
Already called Radisson. Was told they don't typically have AA irrops passengers. Quite a few hotels around ZRH. Will start calling other hotels shortly.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.