FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1420913-2013-flight-xx-cancellation-delay-diversion-etc-date-consolidated.html)

JDiver Dec 25, 2012 4:40 pm

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Please use this thread to report and discuss American Airlines and America Eagle (including SkyWest, ExpressJet etc. operated flights) flights occurring in C/Y 2013.

Happy New Year - may your flights be uncomplicated and on time. The 2012 thread can be found here.

Thanks! American AAdvantage Moderation Team

1/3/14 ADDENDUM: This thread is now closed - please see the 2014 thread here:

CloudCoder Jan 1, 2013 5:51 pm

On New Years Day, I have -no- idea how I'm gonna put up with another entire year of "the new AA". It sure seems that -every- flight I'm on during the last three months is delayed and/or cancelled due to "Maintenance". Are the airplanes really THAT crappily maintained, suddenly during the last 3 months?

Some people believe the pilots are fabricating the maintenance issues in order to inconvenience the customers. I hate to admit it, but I'm in this camp. It bothers me a lot. First, what kind of business model pays you MORE money if you do a CRUMMIER job? Second, there is only a very tiny difference between "let's invent a maintenance problem to inconvenience the customers" and "let's use a parachute to bail out at altitude and REALLY inconvenience the customers". When the pilots in command have a mindset of "let's give the customers a hard time", well, it worries me, a lot.

Are other frequent flyers experiencing similar disappointment in our airline?

rknicker Jan 1, 2013 9:19 pm

Most of their miles are logged by 30 year old planes... I had my first flight mess of the year today with mechanicals on the 3pm ORD-DFW forcing a misconnect and made them put me on a delta flight since it was the only way to get to my final destination today. Doubt I was alone.

At least the staff are friendly. Still beats flying United.

4aks Jan 9, 2013 8:27 pm

AA 846 09-JAN-2013 9:50pm (now midnight)

My MIA-DCA flight has been delayed repeatedly, now scheduled to leave here at midnight.

Earlier was told the plane out of Houston was delayed, was just taking off at the time and planned arrival at MIA 11pm, had a 11:20pm departure at that time.

Is there a point that they will cancel it and make me go at 6am ?

At least I got the upgrade to first.

Unfortunately I've got to get over to D9 from D30 AA Lounge. Not motivated to set up in the D15 lounge, have already tipped the bartender here.

With a 2.5 hour delay, is AA going to send me a voucher or miles ?

swag Jan 9, 2013 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks (Post 20014750)
My MIA-DCA flight has been delayed repeatedly, now scheduled to leave here at midnight.

Earlier was told the plane out of Houston was delayed, was just taking off at the time and planned arrival at MIA 11pm, had a 11:20pm departure at that time.

Is there a point that they will cancel it and make me go at 6am ?

At least I got the upgrade to first.

Unfortunately I've got to get over to D9 from D30 AA Lounge. Not motivated to set up in the D15 lounge, have already tipped the bartender here.

With a 2.5 hour delay, is AA going to send me a voucher or miles ?

The inbound is in flight, so any further delays should be very minor. You'll go tonight.

dayone Jan 9, 2013 9:16 pm

Parts of Texas had heavy rain most of the day.

I suspect that other flights were also delayed. I hope that others inconvenienced by the weather follow your lead and post.

Hewness Jan 9, 2013 9:37 pm

sellouts Jan 9, 2013 10:06 pm

For a 4 hour delay that included an emergency landing at MIA I was given 5000 miles without asking. This was on Dec 16 I think.

I was given a trip in vain and refund (1) due to scheduled flights the following day by asking.

sellouts Jan 9, 2013 10:11 pm

The gear was fine the whole time, it was the landing gear door that would not close. The firetrucks are greeting you almost anytime there's an overweight landing which, even given the relatively short distance to TUL was probably overweight due to the extra fuel you didn't burn off along with their fear along with the small chance that the landing gear indication was also damaged or incorrect.

For more information and a cool track of your flight: http://avherald.com/h?article=45bd6272&opt=0

And while slightly off topic I had a similar incident with a 737 in MIA, emergency landing, arriving LAX 4hrs late at 4am, and was credited 5k miles to my acct without asking a few days later.

Hewness Jan 9, 2013 10:19 pm

polkacat Jan 13, 2013 11:13 am

2043 cancelled

Flight 2043 PHL-ORD cancelled 1/13/13 - weather is fine here, not sure if IT'S weather is the issue or something else. Got 2 of 3 of us rebooked today. Any insights to satisfy my curiousity are appreciated. :D

jec6613 Jan 13, 2013 11:26 am

Originally Posted by polkacat (Post 20038229)
Flight 2043 PHL-ORD cancelled 1/13/13 - weather is fine here, not sure if IT'S weather is the issue or something else. Got 2 of 3 of us rebooked today. Any insights to satisfy my curiousity are appreciated. :D

It seems that your aircraft was re-assigned elsewhere. That aircraft originates as Flight 1820 in Tucson, flies to ORD, then turns into 2296 to PHL, then is 2043 on the return to ORD. The aircraft arrived in ORD, and then they cancelled both 2296 and 2043, so I think another flight got your equipment.

HNL Jan 13, 2013 11:45 am

Originally Posted by polkacat (Post 20038229)

ORD-PHL Cancelled due to ATC delays. That caused the cancellation of your PHL-ORD.

polkacat Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks, curiosity satisfied. :)

smithrh Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Flt 174 RDU-LHR diverted to ORD

So, I get a call from a bud who was going to DXB via LHR from RDU - "Surprise, I'm in Chicago!" Apparently there was a problem with "pressurization" and that Chicago could handle all of the necessary rebooking best, so they diverted there.

Hmmm.

I told him to get off the phone with me and to get on the phone with American while they were still taxi-ing. Doesn't sound like a wait for repairs, but rather rebookings.

Any other insights?

(As an amusing side note, this guy was one flight short of EXP for 2013 and he decided not to bother, saying "I don't think it buys me anything." )