Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LT Gold and current EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
AA 176 delay affecting AA 1861. Cause?

Anyone have any info on the cause of the delay for AA176 (DFW > DCA)? The prior segment seems to have arrived on time. I'm booked on AA1861 which is awaiting the aircraft. At this point the has reached 2:15 and FlightAware is estimating about 2:30.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanj_tx
Anyone have any info on the cause of the delay for AA176 (DFW > DCA)? The prior segment seems to have arrived on time. I'm booked on AA1861 which is awaiting the aircraft. At this point the has reached 2:15 and FlightAware is estimating about 2:30.
Crew rest delay.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HNL
Crew rest delay.

At a major hub like DFW, wouldn't AA just call up a reserve crew so that the flight can depart on time? (and then swap the original crew to a later flight)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ESpen36
At a major hub like DFW, wouldn't AA just call up a reserve crew so that the flight can depart on time? (and then swap the original crew to a later flight)
That's a question for AA.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:03 am

AA 90 today?

Looks like it was canceled, just wondering if anyone knows why? Is it related to weather?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Plat/LT Gold/1.3 MM
Originally Posted by johnincolumbus
Looks like it was canceled, just wondering if anyone knows why? Is it related to weather?
It's canceled with some regularity, especially in winter. I've taken this flight many times. Last time I was booked, it canceled, no weather issue. Since it's never full, I always assume it's due to light load.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:26 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fancy Day
It's canceled with some regularity, especially in winter. I've taken this flight many times. Last time I was booked, it canceled, no weather issue. Since it's never full, I always assume it's due to light load.
AA does not cancel flights solely due to bookings. The aircraft from AA 90 are used to operate the next days AA91 the 4pm departure from London which is quite popular.

Today's flitht was cancelled due to mechanical.

ORD 845A CXLD
LHR 1040P
1FX CANCEL ORD -LHR -RMKS ACCT A/C N396 OTS *0735
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HNL
-RMKS ACCT A/C N396 OTS *0735
N396AN - dear 'o dear, I am going to miss the livery.

Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by HNL
AA does not cancel flights solely due to bookings. The aircraft from AA 90 are used to operate the next days AA91 the 4pm departure from London which is quite popular.

ORD 845A CXLD
LHR 1040P
Agree 100% with one caveat: just because a flight is cancelled for mechanical reasons doesn't mean that it was the aircraft initially scheduled for that flight which had the problem.

I've said this often in relation to why SFO sees so many more 762 cancellations than LAX; AA seems to care more about maintaining its JFK-LAX schedule and when possible a SFO-bound aircraft will be subbed in for a broken LAX-bound plane and the SFO flight will be downgauged/cancelled for mechanical reasons even though the plane which was supposed to fly that flight is perfectly fine.

In this case, I personally believe that it was the plane slated to operate 90 that actually broke down. There are no other 763 flights scheduled to depart ORD until the 3pm LAX flight and no int'l departures until the 5pm CDG flight, so if it was in fact one of those aircraft experiencing the delay then AA would have time to find a spare 763.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA 90 today

I was about to reply "no, it's not - the concept was begun in 1930, and the airline bought sand rebranded American Air Lines in 1934; it's only 79".

That's probably why the TOS specify being specific in titling a new thread, though it also states one should search prior to starting a new thread. :hint:

We've merged your questions in the existing 2013 cancellation / delay / diversion thread. /Moderator
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Plat/LT Gold/1.3 MM
Originally Posted by HNL

ORD 845A CXLD
LHR 1040P
Then AA 90 has had a pretty high rate of mechanical difficulties.....
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
I was about to reply "no, it's not - the concept was begun in 1930, and the airline bought sand rebranded American Air Lines in 1934; it's only 79".

That's probably why the TOS specify being specific in titling a new thread, though it also states one should search prior to starting a new thread. :hint:

We've merged your questions in the existing 2013 cancellation / delay / diversion thread. /Moderator
Thanks, sorry about that.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:19 am

AA 240/245 LAX-DCA-LAX canceled 2/22

LAX 805A T4 48B
DCA 6 B 30 350P
1FX CANCEL LAX -DCA -LOOPER
RMKS ACCT N625 OTS LAX *0904
7LAX/AUTO REACCOM CXL FLT COMPLETED SEE N*0240FEB22LAX P1 *0908*CRCYMG

Does this flight pair get strategically canceled (taking the aircraft to cover other maintenance issues) more often than others because it's a simple routing (LOOPER ?) and because passengers are typically reaccommodated easily through DFW?

I'm annoyed because I paid more for the non-stop itinerary.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AS, WN
AA 24 of Feb. 23 cancelled

SFO-JFK cancelled; hours ahead of scheduled 7:05 am departure, postponed to 11 am, then 12; cancelled outright about 10:30. Agent at the gate explains, 'First they thought they could fix it with a doohickey (paraphrasing) they flew out from Dallas but it turned out they needed a doojibber.'
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Platinum, CO Platinum, UA
AA 20 SFO-JFK diverted to MSP

Greetings from Minneapolis! 767 is reported to have suffered massive center-section hydraulic leak (fortunately learned of problems from captain after the fact while on ground) Pilot did terrific job, and decided to land in Minny rather than Chicago. However, AA is ill equipped on the ground, with only one person attempting to process hotel and subway food vouchers for a full flight (all rebookings could only be accomplished by calling a 800 number...the EP line took 20 minutes before getting a live person). The poor people with checked bags--AA can't accommodate unloading wide bodies in MSP, so they will have to wait for plane to get fixed and find its way to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.