Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
It looks like they hoped to fix or swap planes in Chicago, but its definitely been cancelled. You gave him the right advice to call ASAP rather than waiting. Kind of surprising that they were over Maine and then flew all the way to ORD, rather than JFK.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:43 pm

He'll be back on his way, now ORD-LHR tomorrow night. They have him a voucher for the Marriott and one meal voucher. He was going to have a "22 minute" wait to talk to a rep so he hung up.

He dropped so details are light but that sounds perhaps a bit stingy to me. He was told to call the Platinum Desk for further info, which seems a bit odd to me as well. I told him to call for sure as the boarding pass he was given doesn't have a seat assignment.

I suspect it may dawn on him why EXP would have been valuable in such a situation... I also gave him the PLT Desk number, I'm going to guess he called a random 800 number for AA.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smithrh
He'll be back on his way, now ORD-LHR tomorrow night. They have him a voucher for the Marriott and one meal voucher. He was going to have a "22 minute" wait to talk to a rep so he hung up.

He dropped so details are light but that sounds perhaps a bit stingy to me. He was told to call the Platinum Desk for further info, which seems a bit odd to me as well. I told him to call for sure as the boarding pass he was given doesn't have a seat assignment.

I suspect it may dawn on him why EXP would have been valuable in such a situation... I also gave him the PLT Desk number, I'm going to guess he called a random 800 number for AA.
If he's still at the airport (unlikely) he should stop by the AC and have them sort it out.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bdemaria
It looks like they hoped to fix or swap planes in Chicago, but its definitely been cancelled. You gave him the right advice to call ASAP rather than waiting. Kind of surprising that they were over Maine and then flew all the way to ORD, rather than JFK.
NY's currenly under a dense fog advisory. Perhaps ORD was the best option if other airports in the NE are experiencing anything similar. Just taking a guess - don't know what it was like at the time the divert decision was made.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Jan13-14 AA153 ORD-NRT Diverted to KIX due to snow

Snow is causing disruption in Tokyo area.

AA flight diverted.
1,000 domestic flights canceled.
28,000 families are experiencing blackout.
A FTer was on Narita Express train and it took him/her 5 hours from Tokyo to Narita. Normally just one hour.

Related thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...now-kanto.html
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
Flight 743 on Jan 12 from LGA-DFW .We had to reroute to SHV to refuel. Major weather around DFW was an md 80 that the pilot announced we didn't have enough fuel to detour. That airport was empty ..But we landed safely to that was great news.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:30 pm
BCH

Any suggestions on where to seek compensation for a diverted and severely delayed flight? I've been on hold for over an hour and a half! And still no one to answer the call.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
Not sure if you have status.I called exp desk and xferred to advantage customer service and they picked up right away. She said she would actually give me credit for actual miles flown.

Originally Posted by BCH
Any suggestions on where to seek compensation for a diverted and severely delayed flight? I've been on hold for over an hour and a half! And still no one to answer the call.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:49 pm
BCH

No AA status, but BA Silver.

Originally Posted by bilah1
Not sure if you have status.I called exp desk and xferred to advantage customer service and they picked up right away. She said she would actually give me credit for actual miles flown.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:33 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by BCH
Any suggestions on where to seek compensation for a diverted and severely delayed flight?
Anyone, please?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BCH
Use the website function, or fax and keep your message short and and to the point.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:01 pm

I called AAdvantage customer service. Hours can be a pain but they resolved something that took a month to get a reply about via the online form...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Aa 3682 delayed due to mechanical ord-ewr

I actually asked a pilot standing near the gate what the problem was. He said they were looking for a strip. I asked what that was and he pointed
To what looked like a rubber strip on the podium where the fate agents worked. The pilot explained that they were looking for one from another aircraft.

Do think this thing is gonna go?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Boarded as an hour late. No big deal. I think they were pulling my leg about the strip.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Great thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.