Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
That's correct netsc, about a half hour after my original post I got an auto-text from AA saying 1470 for tomorrow was canceled (as has been posted, likely due to the storm in LHR) so it got further downgagued from a 757 to nothing.

A quick call to the EXP desk rebooked me onto AA 1372, now just waiting on the upgrade to clear...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
This happens often

Last week - 757 on this route for the 763 - It's an oh well - I fly this all the time - and it's becoming more frequent the equipment change.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
This is far from anything new. I've experienced frequent 763 to 757/762 and the occasional 757 to 762 swaps LAX-DFW. I also personally think domestic 763 flights are more prone to delays as the plane must clear customs when arriving from an international segment.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
Last week - 757 on this route for the 763 - It's an oh well - I fly this all the time - and it's becoming more frequent the equipment change.
Every time I've flown 1470 it was 763 downgraded to 757
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
Epilogue: it looks like AA 9328 was a replacement flight for 1470 this morning, but I'd already switched to 1372...upgrade cleared at the gate, now in the ORD AC awaiting my connection to SYR...all's well that ends well...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:03 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
AA/70 DFW-FRA on 1/20 diverted to BRU due to FRA weather and then cancelled. AA/71 1/21 correspondingly cancelled.

Ferry flight booked for 1/21 7:30am AA/9242 BRU-FRA.

AA/70 cancelled 1/21, so there'll be a single 763 in FRA on 1/22 to fly AA/71.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
AA/70 DFW-FRA on 1/20 diverted to BRU due to FRA weather and then cancelled. AA/71 1/21 correspondingly cancelled.

Ferry flight booked for 1/21 7:30am AA/9242 BRU-FRA.

AA/70 cancelled 1/21, so there'll be a single 763 in FRA on 1/22 to fly AA/71.
Yes, and a bit of a mess trying to get two plane loads of pax back! (I pity anyone hoping for an upgrade on 1/22!) But kudos to AA - even though they had no obligation (under U.S. -OR- E.U. regs) do to anything based on a weather related CX, they bused the whole lot of us to a (nice) local hotel with lunch, dinner and (I assume) breakfast included, and shuttle service back in the morning. Many offers of free phones calls back to the U.S. as well. ^^^

Of course, the prediction is for more snow in the overnight and morning - sort like what started this today......
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:42 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
153 ORD to NRT had a 3 hour mechanical delay on Monday. Screwed up many passengers with connections beyond NRT.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, US *G, Marriott Gold, AirTran Elite
AA treating us like animals [ground hold due to DCA icing conditions]

3:25 JFK to DCA still sitting on Tarmac. Just announced the next update will be in 30 minutes. Already de-iced, no way we will ever get out. Obscene.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
Wow, such a great post... We are all in the same boat, would you prefer they not de-ice and the plane crash?

How are you being treated like an animal? Because the WX has screwed operations on the east coast? <redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q87
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As this is not a trip report I shall move it over to the American AAdvantage forum.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Is it AA, or is it ATC / ground control issues? Just curious. (I see below it's a DCA ground hold / traffic management ptogram. Link to US airport conditions.)

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2013 at 6:35 pm Reason: add parenthetical
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now, over an hour after the OP, due to snow and ice at DCA, there's a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving at DCA which is delaying flights over an hour, according to the FAA.

No idea what the FAA was saying when the OP's flight was initially delayed nor when the OP first posted, but here's the current info:

"Due to SNOW-ICE, departure traffic destined to DCA is subject to a ground delay program. Click for more info."

If you drill down to DCA, you get a pop-up full of info.

Winter weather sometimes snarls things.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by salvoch
AA treating us like animals
Well, they do call it cattle class for a reason
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by asicguy
Wow, such a great post... We are all in the same boat, would you prefer they not de-ice and the plane crash?
But if the aeroplane is not going to actually depart, then don't herd the passengers into the aeroplane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.