FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:28 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
AA/136 LAX-LHR on Feb 1 diverted to ORD and dumped fuel before continuing on to LHR two hours later -- looks like 3 hr delay. Anyone know what happened?

And AA/87 LHR-ORD cancelled 2/3. Related?
Your answer seems to be in this thread:
Odd coincidence at ORD and AA's mx issues

Originally Posted by mylifenomadic
I was scheduled to be on flight AA98 last night from Chicago to Heathrow, which, after delaying every 30 minutes for 3 hours, deplaning, and having pax wait in the airport for another 3 hours, finally cancelled the flight due to mechanical issues and then made pax wait another 1.5 hours to offload the bags.

During the time we were waiting at the gate, the AA LAX to LHR flight made an emergency landing at ORD due to mechanical issues as well, but either switched aircraft or fixed the problem after 1-2 hours. No displaced pax from the cancelled ORD-LHR flight were allowed to standby when the LAX-LHR flight departed from ORD.

<snip>

The agents at the airport were frustrated but kept their composure and pax were accommodated at various hotels (myself at the Crowne Plaza which is quite nice) but due to AA's mishandling of the situation and delays offloading baggage, I couldn't check in until 4:30am and have to check at noon.

<snip>