Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I'm seeing some duplicate rebates. I track this pretty strictly, so don't think it is for a redemption that never posted. Not complaining, just curious. I have multiple AA CITI cards, so maybe a rebate per card?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I'm seeing some duplicate rebates. I track this pretty strictly, so don't think it is for a redemption that never posted. Not complaining, just curious. I have multiple AA CITI cards, so maybe a rebate per card?
I'm seeing the opposite. It will show only one rebate, but the miles for both are in my account. They're being listed under the bonus category too. It's not even coded as Citibank. This was from a February transaction. My November one went through with no problem and are shown as:

11/3/13 CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 10,000 in the mileage column.

vs

2/11/14 UP50A NA-EUR BUS OW TKT 0 5,000 in the bonus column.

The whole system clearly isn't working as designed.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by tearsplash
I booked yesterday, and upon checking my account this morning the rebate had already posted, so I guess it was done the same day as the booking!
Same here. Booked award ticket and rebate miles posted the same day tickets were issued. Seems as though they have caught up.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Same here; cash and miles upgrade and 10% back posted within hours of one another.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:14 pm

Bonus and CITI 10% AWARD REDMPTION BONUS for booking using miles

I recently did a domestic booking using AA miles (25K miles) and got back 2500 miles as bonus almost instantaneously.

Then a few days later got another 2500 bonus as CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 2014.

My wife did the same from her account and got the 2500 miles as bonus. But it has been 4 weeks and she never got the CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 2014 miles yet.

My questions.

1. Is the 2500 or maybe 10% bonus new when booking using miles?
2. Anyone has delays more than 4 weeks for getting back CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by amitgu
I recently did a domestic booking using AA miles (25K miles) and got back 2500 miles as bonus almost instantaneously.

Then a few days later got another 2500 bonus as CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 2014.

My wife did the same from her account and got the 2500 miles as bonus. But it has been 4 weeks and she never got the CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 2014 miles yet.

My questions.

1. Is the 2500 or maybe 10% bonus new when booking using miles?
2. Anyone has delays more than 4 weeks for getting back CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS?
I have ... now the funny thing is I used an award upgrade for a flight in January and it just posted this month ... (so 6-8 weeks).

+-ADT
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
10%

I've found postings to be made in 72 hours or less-I particularly like AA redemptions for hotel awards(Marriot Res Inn, Seattle for 10K-minus the 10%, about $200 if purchased). Good on ya for getting the extra bonus.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Mrs.G and I both got our 10% redemptions last week, about 2 months after I talked to Citi and AA about the missing miles.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Do the flights have to be completed before the 10% bonus miles post?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by polkacat
Lo and behold, the miles are already in my account today!!! ^
And now they have posted again, this time as a bonus.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I just booked a BNE-AKL-PPT-AKL-BNE using QF & TN for 40k each and the 10% rebate posted at the same time as the deduction. I used the AA Mastercard to pay the taxes & booking fee, don't know if that is what made it post so quickly. J class wasn't available on TN but considering NZ won't even cough up Y class for this route I was happy to get it booked for a final total of 36k per person.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
I just booked a BNE-AKL-PPT-AKL-BNE using QF & TN for 40k each and the 10% rebate posted at the same time as the deduction. I used the AA Mastercard to pay the taxes & booking fee, don't know if that is what made it post so quickly. J class wasn't available on TN but considering NZ won't even cough up Y class for this route I was happy to get it booked for a final total of 36k per person.
Thats exactly the question I had.

Both myself and my wife got the 10% back instantaneously. Then a few days later I got the 10% for having the citi card. But not for my wife. Both have citi AA cards.

So not sure if this instant 10% back is some kind of promotion going on or for having the citi AA card.
Or there is some glitch and I got the miles back twice and not the same for my wife.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:28 pm

AA Platinum Select 10% Miles Rebate... need to use it to pay for award travel?

Oh crap, I just realized that I charged by award travel taxes and fees to the Citi AA Exec card that I recently opened that has no 10% miles rebate.

Does one need to charge the award ticket to the Citi AA Plat card to get the rebate? Or is it tied to my FF number with AA?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Tied to FF; don't need to use it.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Tied to FF; don't need to use it.
Maybe I misunderstood the question, but are you sure? I figured you have to use the actual card

EDIT to add: I stand corrected!

Last edited by JonNYC; Apr 10, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.