FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342969-archive-citi-10-miles-back-rebate-award-redemption.html)

valuepac May 4, 12 3:20 pm

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption
 
Does anyone here know how the 10% miles back for reward redemption works? I just today booked a 75,000 miles trip CNS/SYD

DstnDavid May 4, 12 3:34 pm


Originally Posted by valuepac (Post 18516032)
Does anyone here know how the 10% miles back for reward redemption works? I just today booked a 75,000 miles trip CNS/SYD

T&Cs for the CC say: "For benefit to apply, your CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ account must be open and active at the time of redemption. The American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles you earn through this benefit will be based on 10% of the total AAdvantageŽ miles you redeem each month during the calendar year. The maximum number of AAdvantageŽ bonus miles you can earn annually from this benefit is 10,000 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles per calendar year, regardless of how many AAdvantageŽ miles you redeem in that calendar year. This benefit only applies to AAdvantageŽ miles redeemed from the primary cardmember’s AAdvantageŽ account. Discover all the ways to redeem AAdvantageŽ miles at www.aa.com/redeem. Please allow 6-8 weeks after your redemption for the American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles to post to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantageŽ account."

TheBOSman May 4, 12 3:56 pm

Completely forgot about this. Booked 135k worth of travel a couple of weeks ago, and I technically have two cards that will qualify. Looks like I can be a major guinea pig :D.

TR7_DFW May 4, 12 3:58 pm

I appreciate the "rebate" they are offering but a maximum of 10,000 per year seems pretty small if you ask me.

taliesin May 4, 12 4:10 pm


Originally Posted by TR7_DFW (Post 18516216)
I appreciate the "rebate" they are offering but a maximum of 10,000 per year seems pretty small if you ask me.

Yeah, that's lame. One RT business-class ticket to Europe and you're done?

RedSox May 4, 12 4:17 pm

True, but it 10,000 more miles than I was getting a couple of months ago.

AZbba May 4, 12 5:34 pm


Originally Posted by RedSox (Post 18516300)
True, but it 10,000 more miles than I was getting a couple of months ago.

+1

saint May 4, 12 8:39 pm

I had some bad timing on this. I guess this just started April 1. I booked 200,000 miles in awards on March 28th. I called and they said it would be automatic and could take up to a couple weeks after you redeem them but they had to be after April 1 so I don't qualify on the award tickets from the end of March.

She said American would automatically know those that have this credit card and nothing needed to be done but probably good to still check your statements.

eucalyptic May 7, 12 9:48 am


Originally Posted by saint (Post 18517284)

She said American would automatically know those that have this credit card and nothing needed to be done but probably good to still check your statements.

Yup. Called them about this and was told the same thing. Kinda sucks since I booked an award on March 30th and this came into effect just a few days later. Oh well. Don't want to lose that seat though!

cmjaffe May 7, 12 11:23 am

Wonder when this "bonus" will post
 
redeemed 102,500 miles for 3 tickets that were used on March 21 so I guess AA has until May 21 for the 6-8 weeks to post. Will see what happens since we're debating whether to cancel the card. 10K bonus would be nice to have though.

We shall see.

cmjaffe May 7, 12 11:25 am

OOPs
 
Didn't realize this was for after April 1st... oh well.

Is this for "any" Citi credit card? Since we've got a Gold one that I'll never since "forever" that I'll never cancel. If it's would give the bonus that would be great.
Got several award tickets to book and the 10K would be nice to have.

Stripy May 7, 12 11:27 am


Originally Posted by cmjaffe (Post 18529355)
redeemed 102,500 miles for 3 tickets that were used on March 21 so I guess AA has until May 21 for the 6-8 weeks to post. Will see what happens since we're debating whether to cancel the card. 10K bonus would be nice to have though.

We shall see.

Per post #8 AA seem to be saying that this bonus is only available on awards used (possibly booked?) after 1 April.

KurtK91 May 7, 12 12:30 pm


Originally Posted by cmjaffe (Post 18529382)
Didn't realize this was for after April 1st... oh well.

Is this for "any" Citi credit card? Since we've got a Gold one that I'll never since "forever" that I'll never cancel. If it's would give the bonus that would be great.
Got several award tickets to book and the 10K would be nice to have.

I'm in the same boat, I've got a pair of the gold level cards and after emailing customer service yesterday I was informed my cards don't qualify for any of the new benefits. It also appears I can't simply upgrade to Platinum. So I figure I'll just apply for a new card and get the 30k miles then get them to eliminate the annual fee for my gold card so I'll just pay the $95 annually....

bcfan May 9, 12 6:56 am

I have 10,000 miles in my account today marked as "CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS" for travel I booked on April 22nd.

TheBOSman May 9, 12 6:56 am

10,000 miles posted this morning 5/9/12. I booked 135k of awards on April 25th. Line item from my AAdvantage account:

04/25/12 CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 10,000 0 10,000

I have both the Visa and Amex, so it must be one bonus per AAdvantage account. Big ^ to Citi and AA for making the card a little more valuable. 10,000 miles are worth about $200-250 to me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:35 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright Š 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.