Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bennytma
I got the same response this morning as well.

I even found F award space on other oneworld carriers (QF/AA SIN-LON-JFK) but couldn't get a supervisor to charge me the SIN-JFK rate of 67,5K. Nope - they'd have to charge me for two one-way awards. No exception despite the fact that this is their problem. It SUCKS to miss out on both CX J because of their computer issue and QF F A380 due to inflexibility. If the award system link isn't fixed today I'm gonna have to book on star alliance carriers. There's only so many days I can keep calling back. Its going on 9 days now.....bye bye oneworld.
I am in the same boat.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Some good news: I had a flight in a very long string of award travel that became unconfirmed with the CX 'upgrade' two weeks ago. This has now been corrected, probably through the cx liaison. All flights confirmed and ticketed. Phew! Seems like some bugs are fixed.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by bennytma
If the award system link isn't fixed today I'm gonna have to book on star alliance carriers. There's only so many days I can keep calling back. Its going on 9 days now.....bye bye oneworld.
Good luck with *A availability. Other than united they are getting quite stingy. Unlike CX who will release almost every unsold seat.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:01 pm

Smile Good news...

Just upgraded a a flight from c to f for Mar 9th so it seems all to be working....
And booked a flight departing Mar 2 and return Mar 27.......
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
As of 7:26 AM EST still cannot book anything that starts more than 5 days out and no ETA when we will be able to either. As others have reported and as AA has stated, if one segment is within 5 days you can book it (but not put on hold).
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I got a *a award on the outbound and snagged F award JL/AA for the return. So this madness cost AA a one-way ticket NYC-SIN.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: UA, ANA, BA
Success!

Was able to change my JFK-HKG flight a day later for next week, longer than the 5 day cutoff period I've been hearing about. Looks like things are starting to click again.

About time!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by RickStevesWannabe
Was able to change my JFK-HKG flight a day later for next week, longer than the 5 day cutoff period I've been hearing about. Looks like things are starting to click again.

About time!
So how did you do this? Book within 5 days, ticket, call back and change date?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by ejh25
So how did you do this? Book within 5 days, ticket, call back and change date?
I am guessing that he had an existing reservation made before the system update. The AA rules say that they will only let him change if travel is within 5 days. Sounds like the AA rep changed it even though it's 7 or 8 days out which is not what they are supposed to do.

I have not heard of anyone allowed to make a new reservation unless the travel is within 5 days (and cannot put on hold, must ticket).
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by rmc1
I am guessing that he had an existing reservation made before the system update. The AA rules say that they will only let him change if travel is within 5 days. Sounds like the AA rep changed it even though it's 7 or 8 days out which is not what they are supposed to do.

I have not heard of anyone allowed to make a new reservation unless the travel is within 5 days (and cannot put on hold, must ticket).
Well I just put a res on hold 4 days out. This was new. I called back to change new rep wouldn't do it. I'll keep calling until I find the right rep. This is taking a lot of work.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: UA, ANA, BA
Originally Posted by rmc1
Correct. I did have an existing reservation made the end of last year, but once I saw that a previous poster had some success I gave it another try very early this morning. It wasn't a fluke since I noticed the change I made applied under the CX booking system as well. Perhaps functionality is limited, buy slowly getting there.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
TravelingBetter indicates this can be done here - only bookings within five days are currently accepted, but can be rebooked for later. TB also indicates the system problems should be resolved soon. ^ I am yearning to change this thread title to reflect it occurred in the past.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
TravelingBetter indicates this can be done here - only bookings within five days are currently accepted, but can be rebooked for later. TB also indicates the system problems should be resolved soon. ^ I am yearning to change this thread title to reflect it occurred in the past.
I can't wait for the thread title to change either! Maybe I should ticket my res on hold and then call to change?!? hmmm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:41 pm

My availability for the date I wanted disappeared
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
As of this morning 2/29 pacific time I still could not book any CX flights even being under 5 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.