FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1316293-cx-awards-aa-waitlisted-cx-awards-system-down.html)

jmw2323 Feb 20, 2012 4:23 pm

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Just got off the phone with advantage desk. They were told to not book any CX flights. They have no idea when they will start up again. I assume this will be short lived. Anyone know if this is a common occurrence?

JDiver Feb 20, 2012 4:27 pm

It is not a common occurrence, but unfortunately the CX IT award booking system has been affected by massive problems for some days now. Some details on the CX Forum, but there's no telling how long this will last.

Wiirachay Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm

I was able to have an award reservation on CX ticketed a few minutes ago. However, the phone agent put me on hold for a bit and told me he had to talk to his supervisor to verify everything was okay. I guess it was related to the CX mess. Note though that I made the initial award reservation 2-3 days ago.

- Pat

jmw2323 Feb 20, 2012 4:46 pm

i currently have an award booking on hold. Was attempting to check other options. Was told to call back later

Wiirachay Feb 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323 (Post 18052076)
i currently have an award booking on hold. Was attempting to check other options. Was told to call back later

My reservation just got ticketed, after sitting in the ticketing queue for 3 hours.

If you want to check out other options, go to cathaypacific.com and use the mileage award availability tool there. I guess AA has problems making new flight reservations then.

jmw2323 Feb 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay (Post 18052779)
My reservation just got ticketed, after sitting in the ticketing queue for 3 hours.

If you want to check out other options, go to cathaypacific.com and use the mileage award availability tool there. I guess AA has problems making new flight reservations then.

have done that but what CX website says isn't always what AA agents can see

wandertheglobe Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I booked an award ticket on CX through AA on Friday, all went well, got seats, etc. then got a call on Saturday from AA that they couldn't confirm the reservation, had to call back this week. Even this evening AA could not confirm the ticket and told me that they were not booking CX awards now, the systems are not talking to each other, etc. I then called CX and they were able to confirm the reservation, gave me their record locator, etc. so all should be well once the systems issues are resolved.

I am surprised that there is not more discussion on this here on FT though, but hey, what can we do but wait??? :confused:

bthotugigem05 Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Just got off the phone with the desk, trying to book a CX award to HKT. I was told they're not making any new award reservations for now, no ETA on a fix.

AA_EXP09 Feb 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 18052997)
Just got off the phone with the desk, trying to book a CX award to HKT. I was told they're not making any new award reservations for now, no ETA on a fix.

KA seems to be working fine in the system now.
KA inventory is in the GDS.

25milesfromhome Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I've had the hold on an award extended another five days as I've been unable to book for that long. Was told there is still no ETA for a fix. Very frustrating.

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm

I have been reading this thread pretty much since the minute it started.
About 20 minutes before the thread start, I successfully booked an award and after it started I was able to get it ticketed, so obviously, YMMV.

JDiver Feb 20, 2012 9:46 pm

That's great! There is much angst being expressed in the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum over this issue currently, so it's not so much about AA's IT - this time :D.

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf (Post 18053303)
I have been reading this thread pretty much since the minute it started.
About 20 minutes before the thread start, I successfully booked an award and after it started I was able to get it ticketed, so obviously, YMMV.

tiffabits Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 18053312)
That's great! There is much angst being expressed in the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum over this issue currently, so it's not so much about AA's IT - this time :D.

Anyone else had any luck getting an award ticketed since CX's 'upgrade' over Feb 11/12? I've been attempting to change an award, and it's been a colossal disaster with CX unable to confirm any change. Very frustrating.

DeltaFlyingProf Feb 20, 2012 10:27 pm

PS: I had another CX award issued online using BA miles.

Wiirachay Feb 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by tiffabits (Post 18053337)
Anyone else had any luck getting an award ticketed since CX's 'upgrade' over Feb 11/12? I've been attempting to change an award, and it's been a colossal disaster with CX unable to confirm any change. Very frustrating.

Welcome to FT. You've been quite the lurker until now! :)