Wiki Posts
Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Just got off the phone with advantage desk. They were told to not book any CX flights. They have no idea when they will start up again. I assume this will be short lived. Anyone know if this is a common occurrence?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It is not a common occurrence, but unfortunately the CX IT award booking system has been affected by massive problems for some days now. Some details on the CX Forum, but there's no telling how long this will last.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
I was able to have an award reservation on CX ticketed a few minutes ago. However, the phone agent put me on hold for a bit and told me he had to talk to his supervisor to verify everything was okay. I guess it was related to the CX mess. Note though that I made the initial award reservation 2-3 days ago.

- Pat
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

i currently have an award booking on hold. Was attempting to check other options. Was told to call back later
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323
i currently have an award booking on hold. Was attempting to check other options. Was told to call back later
My reservation just got ticketed, after sitting in the ticketing queue for 3 hours.

If you want to check out other options, go to cathaypacific.com and use the mileage award availability tool there. I guess AA has problems making new flight reservations then.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
My reservation just got ticketed, after sitting in the ticketing queue for 3 hours.

If you want to check out other options, go to cathaypacific.com and use the mileage award availability tool there. I guess AA has problems making new flight reservations then.

have done that but what CX website says isn't always what AA agents can see
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
I booked an award ticket on CX through AA on Friday, all went well, got seats, etc. then got a call on Saturday from AA that they couldn't confirm the reservation, had to call back this week. Even this evening AA could not confirm the ticket and told me that they were not booking CX awards now, the systems are not talking to each other, etc. I then called CX and they were able to confirm the reservation, gave me their record locator, etc. so all should be well once the systems issues are resolved.

I am surprised that there is not more discussion on this here on FT though, but hey, what can we do but wait???
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Just got off the phone with the desk, trying to book a CX award to HKT. I was told they're not making any new award reservations for now, no ETA on a fix.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Just got off the phone with the desk, trying to book a CX award to HKT. I was told they're not making any new award reservations for now, no ETA on a fix.
KA seems to be working fine in the system now.
KA inventory is in the GDS.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I've had the hold on an award extended another five days as I've been unable to book for that long. Was told there is still no ETA for a fix. Very frustrating.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I have been reading this thread pretty much since the minute it started.
About 20 minutes before the thread start, I successfully booked an award and after it started I was able to get it ticketed, so obviously, YMMV.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's great! There is much angst being expressed in the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum over this issue currently, so it's not so much about AA's IT - this time .

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I have been reading this thread pretty much since the minute it started.
About 20 minutes before the thread start, I successfully booked an award and after it started I was able to get it ticketed, so obviously, YMMV.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
That's great! There is much angst being expressed in the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum over this issue currently, so it's not so much about AA's IT - this time .
Anyone else had any luck getting an award ticketed since CX's 'upgrade' over Feb 11/12? I've been attempting to change an award, and it's been a colossal disaster with CX unable to confirm any change. Very frustrating.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
PS: I had another CX award issued online using BA miles.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by tiffabits
Anyone else had any luck getting an award ticketed since CX's 'upgrade' over Feb 11/12? I've been attempting to change an award, and it's been a colossal disaster with CX unable to confirm any change. Very frustrating.
Welcome to FT. You've been quite the lurker until now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.