Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
The CX 841 is there, direct from CX Asiamiles. Call AA back and try the approach of want to see award availability in F on a certain flight. It has worked for me when AA could not see it automatically, poof, it appeared.

CX831 JFK 14:55 HKG 18:55 +1 0 16:00 77W Avail

CX889
CX889 JFK 22:40 HKG 06:55 +2 1 20:15 77W VISA Avail
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:55 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by dkerr
yes but look at CX831/CX715. There should be 2x F award seats. AA claims not to see them. Nor the biz seats on CX841/CX635.
For tips on dealing with Agents' "claims", please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I've been able to book 2 CX F seats using miles with AA, but as of 36 hours later (much longer than usual), the ticketing has not gone through. While I have record locator number for both AA and CX, the reservation does not show on the AA site, but does on CX, and I have not received a confirmation email.

The AA EXP CSR I called informed me that CX is really backed up because of the system problems it had last month, and that I should call back a month (!) from now to find out where things stand. Fair enough, if that's the case and if I can be reasonably confident of actually getting the seats in the end.

Is this consistent with anyone else's recent experience? Anything else I should try doing...besides calling again tomorrow just to see if I get the same info from a different CSR?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Is this consistent with anyone else's recent experience? Anything else I should try doing...besides calling again tomorrow just to see if I get the same info from a different CSR?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm only Gold so I usually call the AAdvantage Gold number and let it route me to an available agent. Today I was routed to an agent from the Chinese-speaking helpline. She spoke English too. Anyway, she was able to help me with my itinerary which involved finding a flight on CX. I had been calling almost every other day and other agents kept telling me nothing was available. It is not an F seat, but I was impressed with how fast this agent found a solution for me. So it may help you to talk with theese agents who work on Asian routes all the time.

Here's their direct#: 800-492-8095

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.