Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by travelmovies
they keep telling me that they cant do anything with Cathay
how long you think this problem will go on ?

some there need to move there and fix the problem

its not only for award its also buying ticket
why aa is taking long don't they want to make money??
they just filed for chapter 11 and i don't think its a good time to have a problem in the system every penny count for them..

well lets hope for the best
It's not AAs system that is the problem, it is CX in their switch to Amadeus.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ariyo15
No, I mean is AA the only partner effected by CX's system problems. Does BA have trouble booking awards, or is it only AA?
Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
You could probably check the BA board to see if anyone else is having problems booking CX award tickets but I suspect they are: there are three ways that I know to check CX awards available to partners, the BA, QF, and JL websites (or KVS using these). Usually, they are in fairly good agreement. At the moment, they are not. From this, I would guess that CX is not communicating properly with at least some partners' systems.
I know from personal experiences at least AA and AS can't book anything with CX awards in the meanwhile.

Originally Posted by travelmovies
they keep telling me that they cant do anything with Cathay
how long you think this problem will go on ?

some there need to move there and fix the problem

its not only for award its also buying ticket
why aa is taking long don't they want to make money??
they just filed for chapter 11 and i don't think its a good time to have a problem in the system every penny count for them..

well lets hope for the best
I think AA related, its only AA code, CX metal that had problems
I did a AA ticket stock, CX metal and code just fine last sunday.

Think about it this way, at least AA is telling you within 5 mins that they can't book awards for the meanwhile^
All of us that have more stuff on CX has been losing our heads, its impossible to call in at all
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:00 pm

I just got my e-ticket after sitting in queue 3 days, and being told that it can't be booked.
I think there is a sign of hope though.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
Originally Posted by rikramer
Hi, Was wondering if anyone else had recommendations for me as I am hitting a dead-end with the EXP line. I have an award reservation on hold...one of the flights is on Cathay. The EXP line tells me that the Cathay reservation system is down and they cannot do anything with my reservation (change flights, book the tickets, or hold new flights for me). Come midnight tomorrow my hold ends and I'm going to lose the reservation with no guarantee that I will be able to rebook. AA is telling me to keep my fingers crossed and hope that the systems come back online. Does anyone have any recommendation other than hope / wait-and-see?

Thank You.
Call Cathay and inquire about your reservation. They will need the date, flight, name, etc. and will be able to give you their record locator if it is confirmed. I did that and they were very helpful. They could not contact AA to close the loop though, had to wait until the system caught up. At least you should be able to find out if Cathay has confirmed the flight or if it is still pending. I called 800-233-2742
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

i tried once again to extend, supervisor said no. I was however able to ticket the reservation. Hopefully they will be able to check some CX alternate flights soon.

even got a CX PNR tonight
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
AA-CX award link STILL down as of 745a NY time today. We're stuck in a holding patter with no info about when this will end....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:34 am

the system is still down

dos any one knows approximately how long its gonna take because i don't see any solution ... has this problem happened in the past ?
and how long they fixed it ?

as i know Cathay switch to Amadeus
and American is on "saber"
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:47 am

I booked a Y award MSP-ORD-HKG-SIN in January since there was no J or F available. After the system upgrade, some J became available (saw it through KVS). I was able to call AA twice (once for each leg, since the availability came up at different times) and get my flights upgraded to J and was even able to switch the HKG-SIN to an earlier flight. Everything is ticketed through AA and I can log into Manage My Bookings on CX and have selected my seats.

I don't know why I didn't have the problems others have had, but I'm not going to risk it by changing my flights again until this is sorted out.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

they are able to manually look at certain things.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was able to ticket my award today. I was told that agents are not allowed to book any new awards but can ticket any confirmed awards. Incidentally, when I held these flights, I hadn't booked connecting flights back to San Diego. Today, none were available, probably hadn't been loaded. A request to revenue management got three seats opened up within a couple of hours.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
I was able to ticket my award today. I was told that agents are not allowed to book any new awards but can ticket any confirmed awards.
Do you know if this includes making a date change on an already ticketed award?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AZbba
Don't know for sure, but I would assume it does. I think there is a mismatch between availability AA sees and what CX actually offers.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by AZbba
Yea.. happened to me 3 times before they came out and said there was a problem. AA saw 2 F availability on CX, tried to switch my ticket and it would only confirm 1 out of the 2 seats I had booked. They always seemed confused, "tried another thing" and were unsuccessful.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:35 pm

made a JFK-HKG first class award reservation this AM for APRIL and just got e ticket .. Did this with EXP desk early LA time.. so the system must be working.. at least intermittently...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by RTW4
made a JFK-HKG first class award reservation this AM for APRIL and just got e ticket .. Did this with EXP desk early LA time.. so the system must be working.. at least intermittently...
You got lucky as there is a note in the AA system that they are NOT to book any new reservations. The agent must have not known about it and did it anyway. Some things are working but some are not so AA has decided to put everything on hold until CX fixes. You can read the actual messages here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.