Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
no problem here

Originally Posted by bennytma
YUP. It is absurd. I've been calling 2x a day for the past 8 days to and keep getting the same message - we know nothing and CX is working on a fix. Do any IT folks here have any more sympathy for CX than the rest of us? What on earth could take CX's IT folks so long to fix?

I called the AA line ( 800 882-8880) saturday to take care of a glitch in a CX reservation, no problem, change in the schedule showed up on line in a few minutes.

( they had me on 2 CX lax/hkg flights in the same day., now only shows the correct info)

However, on the CX site, the outgoing times are still not shown on the flights from lax/sin/bkk, but are shown on the bkk/sin/lax flights.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by rmc1
Called in around 7:45 AM EST and they said try calling back in this afternoon after HQ opens. Still the same message about traveling in the next 5 days.
does anyone know if it's all segments within 5 days, or just the first cx segment within 5 days.

My parents have an existing reservation, they are trying to change to departing within 5 days and returning in the 5-10 day range. First agent said ok, but then the availability was gone. Now availability is back but they are saying both legs need to be within 5 days which doesn't make much sense.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by AZbba
does anyone know if it's all segments within 5 days, or just the first cx segment within 5 days.

My parents have an existing reservation, they are trying to change to departing within 5 days and returning in the 5-10 day range. First agent said ok, but then the availability was gone. Now availability is back but they are saying both legs need to be within 5 days which doesn't make much sense.

Taken from Traveling Better post on same topic

Existing Bookings:
Should a customer request a change in their itinerary (date/time/cities):
book the desired segment (new travel must be within 5 days)
ER the record to ensure the HK segment tag and CX Record Locator are received
Contact RSD to verify the segment is confirmed in CX's new system
Cancel the original segment that customer no longer wants
Set up for Reissue or Reinstate/Claim

I'd call back.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
I called a few hours ago and tried to setup a first leg from DCA-JFK on AA within the 5 days and then the next leg on CX outside of the 5 days and they wouldn't do it. The first CX segment must be within 5 days.

This is frustrating!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:54 pm

I've already had availability slip through my fingers b/c of this!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by ejh25
I called a few hours ago and tried to setup a first leg from DCA-JFK on AA within the 5 days and then the next leg on CX outside of the 5 days and they wouldn't do it. The first CX segment must be within 5 days.

This is frustrating!
Book anything to JFK on CX within 5 days. Then book the "real" CX flights you wish to fly. Hang up. Then call again to cancel the anything-JFK flight and add DCA-JFK. Then ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Book anything to JFK on CX within 5 days. Then book the "real" CX flights you wish to fly. Hang up. Then call again to cancel the anything-JFK flight and add DCA-JFK. Then ticket.
On the phone trying to do this right now.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:17 pm

Didn't work. They wouldn't let me hold the ticket and call back. Then I tried to drop the first leg and they wouldn't do it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:47 pm

Yeah, looks like you cannot put on hold but have to ticket if in the next 5 days. I hope they get it fixed soon as I am trying to meet my wife in Asia at the end of her biz trip in May. Problem is she has to book her ticket very soon so not sure when to book her return flights since no idea if there will be seats left for me whenever they get this fixed. The worst part is with my horrible work schedule, this will be my only vacation this year (if I can book it)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:10 pm

parents just called again and now they are being told aa cannot book any cx awards even within 5 days. "new policy"
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:38 pm

I would just book JL for now

I would just book & ticket JL for now and later change to CX, and i think its free to change carriers as long as origin and final destination are the same.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AZbba
AA PLT line told me that all CX segments must be within five days.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
AA PLT line told me that all CX segments must be within five days.
finally got it done calling myself.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:05 am

Still not working as of 7:45 AM EST today
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rmc1
Still not working as of 7:45 AM EST today

I got the same response this morning as well.

I even found F award space on other oneworld carriers (QF/AA SIN-LON-JFK) but couldn't get a supervisor to charge me the SIN-JFK rate of 67,5K. Nope - they'd have to charge me for two one-way awards. No exception despite the fact that this is their problem. It SUCKS to miss out on both CX J because of their computer issue and QF F A380 due to inflexibility. If the award system link isn't fixed today I'm gonna have to book on star alliance carriers. There's only so many days I can keep calling back. Its going on 9 days now.....bye bye oneworld.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.