Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I got an email a couple of hours ago telling me to call AA which I just did. I was told that they can't ticket me and I should try Japan Airlines to Bangkok even though my award ticket was to Phuket.

I asked if they could just save my reservation until the system was fixed and they told me there was no guarantee. Then the agent transfered me to web support which was a total joke. I still don't know why she transferred me there since I didn't book online.

I called back and spoke with a different agent who put me on hold for a while and said the same thing but that they would hold my reservation.

I asked for my Cathay Pacific record locator and with that I logged on to Cathay's website and saw that my flights were confirmed and I was able to request my seats.

Now, I guess I just have to hope it all works out.

This is very stressful!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Just got off the phone with the desk, trying to book a CX award to HKT. I was told they're not making any new award reservations for now, no ETA on a fix.
Still the case as of 5 minutes ago.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Agreed this is a huge mess. I had a CX award on hold using AA miles. I've been trying to change it for the past 5 days and AA keeps telling me the same thing its been telling all of you. No one has any idea when this will be fixed. Does anyone here have inside info as to whether this will be fixed in a matter of days or longer?

I'll try calling CX directly to at least get them to hold the award space....this sucks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
I got an email a couple of hours ago telling me to call AA which I just did. I was told that they can't ticket me and I should try Japan Airlines to Bangkok even though my award ticket was to Phuket.

I asked if they could just save my reservation until the system was fixed and they told me there was no guarantee. Then the agent transfered me to web support which was a total joke. I still don't know why she transferred me there since I didn't book online.

I called back and spoke with a different agent who put me on hold for a while and said the same thing but that they would hold my reservation.

I asked for my Cathay Pacific record locator and with that I logged on to Cathay's website and saw that my flights were confirmed and I was able to request my seats.

Now, I guess I just have to hope it all works out.

This is very stressful!
my case is the same exactly.

I am just wondering if the fact that Cathay displays this as confirmed is actually a sign of hope? or any award on hold with AA will show up by Cathay as confirmed?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Side incomer
my case is the same exactly.

I am just wondering if the fact that Cathay displays this as confirmed is actually a sign of hope? or any award on hold with AA will show up by Cathay as confirmed?
Please find actual detail on the issue over on Traveling Better
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tiffabits
Anyone else had any luck getting an award ticketed since CX's 'upgrade' over Feb 11/12? I've been attempting to change an award, and it's been a colossal disaster with CX unable to confirm any change. Very frustrating.
I have one that I reserved on 2/12 and ticketed on 2/16 without a problem. However, one that I reserved on 2/13 I have been unable to ticket. I'm also not all sure the award inventory existed for the flight reserved on 2/13. Inventory showed on the BA site and the AAgent saw it, but BA is showing quite a bit of availability that doesn't even show on CX's site.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
One can read the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum as well, where this was first reported.

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Please find actual detail on the issue over on Traveling Better
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Update as of 1400 Eastern, AA can not/ will not book CX award travel. The agent had no idea when it might be operational.

My concern is that award inventory showing on CX asiamiles web-site may not be accurate. There are some unsubstantiated talk indicating this.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
One can read the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Forum as well, where this was first reported.
Thanks, JDiver. Since it wasn't linked here (and I don't check there ) I just posted the source where I found the info.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Just called and was told to call back tomorrow. I asked if they would just automatically ticket me and they said yes but I should call back.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
The reservations I made last Friday cleared today so I guess it is getting better. Have hope!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an award ressie booked on 02/15, to be ticketed on 02/20.

I have been able to extend the hold for another 5 days to 02/25.

CX PNR is already 6 digits Amadeus on the first booking. It still shows confirmed after extension. Finger crossed that by 02/25 we can ticket it without glitch. (or change the routing without glitch.)

On the other hand, I have a BA award on CX booked on Feb 02 with Feb 23 the travel date, showing reservation not found (old 5 digits PNR) BUT also instructed if you have gotten e-tickets then to ignore such error.

Flight details displayed and I could do online check-in as normal.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 pm
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just checked my reservation on the CX site. I have a six digit locator but the reservation is still showing "On Request" On AA.com, says my reservation details can't be retrieved and shows nothing other than the record locator, the date of travel and the passengers.

Last edited by 25milesfromhome; Feb 22, 2012 at 9:28 am
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:51 pm

I just called again and the agent told me that they just resubmitted it to Cathay for me and that I should call again tomorrow.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
System is still #*@##$ as of about an hour ago. This is really annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.