Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Microwave
Incorrect. BOS-NRT in Q can definitely be upgraded with SWU or miles+copay.
http://www.aa.com/content/images/AAd...tinumGuide.pdf

Unless it has changed, Q bucket for the international segments to Asia, et. al. is not upgradable with an E-VIP. (see EXP Guide at 14). The Q segment domestically is upgradeable complimentary or through 500 mile certs without the E-VIP as an EXP (Id. at 15). Subject to revisions.

Stand by for an upgrade works too, in good cases.

Spock Seat.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spock Seat

Unless it has changed, Q bucket for the international segments to Asia, et. al. is not upgradable with an E-VIP. (see EXP Guide at 14). The Q segment domestically is upgradeable complimentary or through 500 mile certs without the E-VIP as an EXP (Id. at 15). Subject to revisions.

Stand by for an upgrade works too, in good cases.

Spock Seat.
That information is out of date. That document indicated that I and O fares can't be upgraded either, and that is definitely NOT the case anymore.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by magic111
JFK-LAX-NRT-LAX-DFW-LHR-RDU-LGA $1361 a.i. Using gift cards OOP = $1225
Total potential eqms w/bonus 47338.
My gain will be 43156 as the last two segments will be flown in February
Not a great cpm (2.8) but than again Tokyo and London
Each and every one of you needs to hope my SWU clears for the middle segment and my friend is able to get me an EPL ticket while in London.
What about the APD when the SWU clears for LHR? Or does it not apply in this case?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by vrbaba
What about the APD when the SWU clears for LHR? Or does it not apply in this case?
I am not a mileage runner but a vacationer. Afterall would not a true mileage runner suck it up and stay in coach.

Just kidding. True, forgot APD and it is another cost that I will readily absorb. Still beats the cost for tickets purchased separately. If going to Tokyo only then the London add-on even with APD is only a few hundred dollars more.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Spock Seat

That is the 2007 EXP Benefits guide; indeed it has changed since then. Taking a look at the 2011 EXP Benefits guide reveals the current, accurate information, which is that there are no fare class restrictions for the use of SWUs.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by HNL
That information is out of date. That document indicated that I and O fares can't be upgraded either, and that is definitely NOT the case anymore.
It has changed, great! I'm happy.

SS
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Share the good fares. There is another thread about T & C of the DEQ promotion and another about using EVIPs.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by magic111
I am not a mileage runner but a vacationer. Afterall would not a true mileage runner suck it up and stay in coach.

Just kidding. True, forgot APD and it is another cost that I will readily absorb. Still beats the cost for tickets purchased separately. If going to Tokyo only then the London add-on even with APD is only a few hundred dollars more.
Actually, mine was strictly a question. I was wondering if they treated it any different if it was part of a bigger itinerary. Since you are going to and returning from the same country, I figured it will get applied. Just making sure I didn't miss a loophole
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Microwave
That is the 2007 EXP Benefits guide; indeed it has changed since then. Taking a look at the 2011 EXP Benefits guide reveals the current, accurate information, which is that there are no fare class restrictions for the use of SWUs.
I bought O JFK-LHR-AMS-LHR-JFK in Feb and was upgraded on the last leg to C thru an SWU when making and paying for the itinerary with the EXP desk. Waiting to hear about the first leg upgrade. I'm new at following this and I believe "O" is the deep discount fare code. Please correct if I'm incorrect.

Last edited by george 3; Dec 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:10 pm

Marginally on topic - as I read through suggested itineraries, the closer you get to $.02cpeqm the better. But generally what do mile junkies consider the ceiling where it's not really worth it? $0.35 per cpeqm? As an example, JFK -SFO - JFK in mid Jan is not a stressful run, fare is $298 rt before taxes and with the double, it's something like $0.288. Guidance appreciated.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
This is a good fare

Originally Posted by george 3
Marginally on topic - as I read through suggested itineraries, the closer you get to $.02cpeqm the better. But generally what do mile junkies consider the ceiling where it's not really worth it? $0.35 per cpeqm? As an example, JFK -SFO - JFK in mid Jan is not a stressful run, fare is $298 rt before taxes and with the double, it's something like $0.288. Guidance appreciated.
This is a good fare I think, and currently available nearly every day of the week in mid to late January; books at about $330 for BOS-DFW-SFO/LAX if you are BOS based like I am.

You can even stretch this further if you can manage a BOS-LAX-PHX/SFO routing. But comes in at a good cpm alone in the 5.x cent range, and super cpm with the DEQM.

This fall it was difficult to get much that was below 6.0 cpm.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by pfbloom
This is a good fare I think, and currently available nearly every day of the week in mid to late January; books at about $330 for BOS-DFW-SFO/LAX if you are BOS based like I am.

You can even stretch this further if you can manage a BOS-LAX-PHX/SFO routing. But comes in at a good cpm alone in the 5.x cent range, and super cpm with the DEQM.

This fall it was difficult to get much that was below 6.0 cpm.
I fly out of NY and fares thru DFW from LGA and from JFK - LAX/SFO were pretty expensive. I've only just discovered this MR thing from FT so I'm considering the JFK SFO JFK run. It will be my first, I take this run for business four or five times per year, and want to avoid connections in the winter.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by george 3
I bought O JFK-LHR-AMS-LHR-JFK in Feb and was upgraded on the last leg to C thru an SWU when making and paying for the itinerary with the EXP desk. Waiting to hear about the first leg upgrade. I'm new at following this and I believe "O" is the deep discount fare code. Please correct if I'm incorrect.
Yes, it is a deep discount fare, but that doesn't affect SWU usage.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Has anyone found any PVG fares that don't require a 5-6 night minimum? Or any Asia routes? The cheapest PVG fares used to be a 3 day stay. Now the 3-day fare is around $1300.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
It's Back! DCA-LAX 12,178 EQM $300.80/2.47cpeqm

Disclaimer: CA, IL or TX resident
Now $10 less each way!
Route DCA-DFW-LAX-DFW-DCA. Same day turn around/Leave 7:00AM return 11:00PM
Of course cpeqm are even lower with GC

Last edited by 236Dakota; Dec 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm Reason: Edited per TrojanHorse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.