Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by STPlat
Good route from the great NW (boring, true, but effective!):
SEA-DFW-BOS-DFW-SEA
Easy turnaround if you don't mind the red-eye (my preference for transcon MRs) yields 6440*2=12880 EQM for $300ai most of January. Slight variation for a couple of difference routes, but all within a couple of hundred miles of each other.

Could technically start from 0 for year and fly 2 of these a week in January and be XP for 2013. Total cost about $2400.
Also seems to work to NY.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Here's my shot:

AA BOS-HKG, BOS-ORD-NRT on AA and NRT-HKG on JL or CX using AA codeshare, return same, but can get NRT-DFW-BOS on AA for a few more miles and avoiding ORD in January. DEQM on AA segments, normal EQMs on NRT-HKG segments on JL/CX metal with AA codeshare number booked. $993.50 bookable on AA.com. 12 hours overnight at HKG. Depart BOS 1/22, depart HKG 1/24. No visas needed for US passport holders. Should be just under 34,000 EQMs total, somewhere around 2.92 cpm but faster and more interesting than multiple transcons. EXP in 3 trips.
This is a good creative routing, BOS-DFW-NRT-HKG, and I've been looking into this fare. Unfortunately on the NRT-HKG leg you will be flying either Cathay Pacific or JAL, which bring in 0% and 50% EQM respectively in Q class. At least as far as I can see, the AA booking engine does not show any AA codeshare, only one-world partners (even though ITA inidicates a code-share should exist). Any other sources I should check??
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I can only tell you that I booked the CX flights as AA codeshares, 6113 & 6116 respectively, on aa.com.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by pfbloom
This is a good creative routing, BOS-DFW-NRT-HKG, and I've been looking into this fare. Unfortunately on the NRT-HKG leg you will be flying either Cathay Pacific or JAL, which bring in 0% and 50% EQM respectively in Q class. At least as far as I can see, the AA booking engine does not show any AA codeshare, only one-world partners (even though ITA inidicates a code-share should exist). Any other sources I should check??
I've always gotten the AA codeshare looking at it on AA.com, though sometimes picking whether the flight NRT-HKG is on CX or JL was difficult. I'd personally go JL from NRT and CX from HKG if I could choose, I think flying from the hubs would be better than flying to. Try a BOS-DFW-HKG-DFW-BOS multi-city, you'd have to connect in NRT for DFW-HKG anyway. I just did that for 1/22 departure and 1/24 return and it gives me the AA codeshares.

I wish I could talk myself into doing it, but $1000 is a lot to me, even for the benefits and the RDMs and being very close to EXP. If I knew I would be doing a decent amount of SWU-able flights in 2012-2013 I'd go for it.

I should add, the 12 hours overnight in Hong Kong are basically the same 12 hours during the day here in BOS in terms of body time on EST/GMT-5, may not want to sleep much in the bed if you get a hotel room .

Last edited by TheBOSman; Dec 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
I've always gotten the AA codeshare looking at it on AA.com, though sometimes picking whether the flight NRT-HKG is on CX or JL was difficult. I'd personally go JL from NRT and CX from HKG if I could choose, I think flying from the hubs would be better than flying to. Try a BOS-DFW-HKG-DFW-BOS multi-city, you'd have to connect in NRT for DFW-HKG anyway. I just did that for 1/22 departure and 1/24 return and it gives me the AA codeshares.
Got it! Thanks for the tip on entering the itinerary in AA.com. I forget sometimes that it helps to parse it out different ways in the multi-city entries. Also found that I needed to be a little more specific on my ITA coding, cause I forgot to force the AA codeshare on the final segment. Much fewer choices in Jan. now, though the Jan 22-24 sched still looks good. Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Code share flights are those with four digits...like 5226 or 6116. I fly this route all the time and I always fly code share flights. AA will treat it (for EQM) purpose as if you were flying on AA metal.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by NYC1K
AA will treat it (for EQM) purpose as if you were flying on AA metal.
But of course you will not get double EQM on those codeshare flights. Still better than 0% or 50% EQM though.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fares for my BOS-DFW-NRT-HKG and return routing have dropped almost $100 but you have to spend an extra day in HKG, or 20 hours in NRT it appears. 1/22-1/25 dates only from what I can see in January. Anyone know a cheapish place to stay in HKG? I might do this, going to put one on hold now.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Fares for my BOS-DFW-NRT-HKG and return routing have dropped almost $100 but you have to spend an extra day in HKG, or 20 hours in NRT it appears. 1/22-1/25 dates only from what I can see in January. Anyone know a cheapish place to stay in HKG? I might do this, going to put one on hold now.
Maybe not cheap, but easy-The W is at the end of the line from the airport. It drops you off in a shopping center, and it's an easy walk to the hotel.

Staying on topic:

1. Doing a DFW-LAX-SFO-LAX-SFO. All same day. Beware the 1st flight of the day out of DFW (#2401) to LAX is also the connecting flight LAX-SFO.

2. Mrs Dallas49er and I doing DFW-MIA-MAD-DFW. Not really a MR, as we are staying for the week, BUT DEQM did help determine the destination. DEL came in 2nd!

Happy flying!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Maybe not cheap, but easy-The W is at the end of the line from the airport. It drops you off in a shopping center, and it's an easy walk to the hotel.

Staying on topic:

1. Doing a DFW-LAX-SFO-LAX-SFO. All same day. Beware the 1st flight of the day out of DFW (#2401) to LAX is also the connecting flight LAX-SFO.

2. Mrs Dallas49er and I doing DFW-MIA-MAD-DFW. Not really a MR, as we are staying for the week, BUT DEQM did help determine the destination. DEL came in 2nd!

Happy flying!
Much thanks but I just remembered I have a cannot miss commitment the 24th here in BOS, ugh! I'm gonna cancel my hold now, I hope someone else can take advantage.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
DCA Same Day Turn 2.36 Cents per EQM

CA resident and using COSTCO Gift Card

DCA-DFW-LAX-DFW-DCA

Leave 7:00AM and return 11:00PM
For many days in January the base fare is $139 each way.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:21 pm

These are currently available:

Jan 24 BOS-MIA-LAX-MRY-LAX-MIA-BOS $328ai
Jan 24 (or 25th) PHL-MIA-LAX-SBA-LAX-MIA-PHL $368ai

*if you are able to stack DEQAA + DEQ11 other routings are available....
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
$233.10 ai DFW-LAX-SFO / SFO-LAX-DFW - 10,410 EQM

$233.10 ai DFW-LAX-SFO / SFO-LAX-DFW (with 500mi Elite minimum)

Roundtrip DFW-SFO, connecting in LAX. Various dates in January. 10,410 EQM when combined with DEQ11 and DEQAA promos. (I am assuming the LAX-SFO segments count towards the DEQ11 promo since they are part of the DFW-SFO R/T booking, if not then 9,410 EQM).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by Phasers
$233.10 ai DFW-LAX-SFO / SFO-LAX-DFW (with 500mi Elite minimum)

Roundtrip DFW-SFO, connecting in LAX. Various dates in January. 10,410 EQM when combined with DEQ11 and DEQAA promos. (I am assuming the LAX-SFO segments count towards the DEQ11 promo since they are part of the DFW-SFO R/T booking, if not then 9,410 EQM).
Not too shabby. AUS was just blessed with the $89 fares (ow) but I'm sure they are gone now.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Phasers
(I am assuming the LAX-SFO segments count towards the DEQ11 promo since they are part of the DFW-SFO R/T booking, if not then 9,410 EQM).
They do not count. Qualifying segments have DFW or ORD on one end and LAX or SFO on the other end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.