Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share good fares for the 2011-12 DEQAA promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Any suggestion for departure from YYZ?

I have been doing YYZ-JFK-LAX-PVG most of the time for 18,600 milles for MR. Price is always about $1k ai. Trying to find MR that can fetch 25,000 miles.

And thanks to Science Goy for the ITA primer.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:31 pm

Though the price has been vacillating, the ORD-LAX same day turns are currently at their low of $219 right now.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by mosquito
Though the price has been vacillating, the ORD-LAX same day turns are currently at their low of $219 right now.
Yep, just put one on hold. If you want to be clever, you can nest a LAX-ORD-LAX with a ORD-SFO-ORD in a single 24-hour period, too.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
ORD-SFO-ORD $219
Combine DEQAA & DEQ11 for 3X EQM/RDM = 11,076 = 1.9cpm
Use costco gift card = 1.78cpm
PLT/EXP
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Just booked PHX-LAX-BOS-LAX-PHX on 1/27 for $360.80 ai. 12,444 EQM $0.028 cpm Works for me as a one day turn from PHX on a Friday. Mid-week is just $270.80 ai
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by prolix
Out of curiosity, how are you guys coming up with/finding these great routes/MRs? I'm still a relative noob when it comes these things and I'm looking for an easy affordable way to accumulate 6k EQM out of MIA by end of month. Any help you could provide this miserable soul would be greatly appreciated.
KVS/ITA
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
PVG is very cheap but not a pure MR as it requires a 3-night minimum stay. From LGA, $859.20 ai.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vasantn
PVG is very cheap but not a pure MR as it requires a 3-night minimum stay. From LGA, $859.20 ai.
That's crazy, it's now cheaper to go BOS-JFK LGA-ORD-PVG than BOS-ORD-PVG.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
ORD-SFO-ORD $219
Combine DEQAA & DEQ11 for 3X EQM/RDM = 11,076 = 1.9cpm
Use costco gift card = 1.78cpm
PLT/EXP
Time for a couple dfw-lax runs in january to start the new year. 9880eqm for each trip is pretty sweet. that's a dfw-lhr rt without dbeqm.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Try LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO which you can usually get for the same fare as more direct routes. 2 of those will get you PLAT.
I priced JFK-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK. 11798 miles (x2 with DEQ) for $781.

Yotel in LHR for nap & shower on the flip, Westin @ LAX one night, biz meeting on SFO (believe it or not, I can do this for business) and then back.

So, rather than a simple JFK-SFO-JFK Sun-Mon-Tues run, leave a day earlier and go to LHR for breakfast (unfortunately, probably can't get to Plane Food in T5 but their breakfast menu is boring anyhow).

So, if the SFO meeting is set...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57
I priced JFK-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK. 11798 miles (x2 with DEQ) for $781.

Yotel in LHR for nap & shower on the flip, Westin @ LAX one night, biz meeting on SFO (believe it or not, I can do this for business) and then back.

So, rather than a simple JFK-SFO-JFK Sun-Mon-Tues run, leave a day earlier and go to LHR for breakfast (unfortunately, probably can't get to Plane Food in T5 but their breakfast menu is boring anyhow).

So, if the SFO meeting is set...
And you can get your company to pay for the detour into London?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
AUS-SFO $220.8 AI many days in January (1/7 rate has increased).
could do either same day or overnight redeye return.

10784 EQM 10784 RDM for PLT EXP
= 2.0 cents/mile
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
And you can get your company to pay for the detour into London?
Well, as the CEO, I could but I won't, the company will cover the RT cost to SFO and I'll cover the difference. (Our company travel policy is coach and I believe in the rules applying to everyone so status matters to me).

We'll see if the AA bankruptcy screws things up. One of my people just passed 5mm miles and is EXP and he's seeing them hold the upgrades to the last minute. If that becomes the norm, it may be time to bolt.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Deleted

Last edited by JohnDCA; Jan 26, 2012 at 10:29 pm Reason: Tipsy posting
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by JohnDCA
You honestly think that they are holding back upgrades because the company filed Chapter 11? I find it hard to believe that you are a CEO and have "people," then.
I haven't flown since AA filed 11 so I have no direct experience (December is a slow travel month and I qualified for Plat in November, no use for a MR now).

By holding back, I am not saying they are not ultimately issuing the upgrades but that they aren't clearing them early. The theory being they want to increase probability of full fare Biz/1st ticket sales.

I have talked with a couple of EXP's - one who i work with and one is a friend - and they have seen AA holding upgrades and not releasing them until the last minute. One said they talked to a gate agent and was told that was the case and his observation was they were holding until after boarding. That starts to make waiting for an upgrade a problem as overhead bin space gets taken.

Along those lines, they keep tightening capacity to get higher load factors and that's making it harder to get upgrades. On certain flights out of hubs (try an Monday AM from DFW-PHL) and you've got a lot of EXPs. My DFW guy was in a non-exit row in coach 3 across with EXPs one AM. All those pressures combined start to diminish the value of status.

For me, I like AA. In the past I've been Plat/Exec Plat equivalents on AA, DL and UA depending on what I was doing and where I lived and AA has been pretty good. My problem with them today is that I travel out of 2 cities (different homes) - NYC and PHL - with PHL more weight these days and I just can't get to certain places on AA from PHL so I have to split miles. So, switching to USAir is awfully tempting. In addition, they are simply mercenary as you can write them a check and buy status.

Finally, you're entitled to the residue of your deductive powers about my role in my company, I have no use to spar with you over them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.