Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zsurf
Before the days of inflight wifi I always used to do emails on blackberry and catch a burst of signal here and there over the Rockies. Still resort to doing this on most AA flights
Oh my god! And your plane hasn't fallen out of the sky????? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skylady
We also need to have customers that adhere to Company and Government policies, with out temper tantrums. Service/Safety is a very fine line.
What safety is enhanced by making him turn off his iPad while sitting at the gate, whereas, I can use my iPad while taxiing in from landing. I would really like to know why using a device taxiing out is SOOOOOO dangerous, but it's OK on the way in. Prey, do tell.

Originally Posted by skylady
Should the employees allow you to do whatever you want, in the interest of service, or is there somewhere a line drawn?
If it doesn't endanger or bother other passengers, premium cabin customers should essentilly be able to do whatever they want. Since using an iPad at the gate does none of these, it should be allowed. Same for the taxi. Same while in the air. As we all know there is no proof that device use is any threat, the FA was completely out of line and should be terminated.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The number of flyers, particularly in premium cabins, that continue on talking and texting even after the FA announcement has been made really boggles me. Are you really that important of a person.

For Mr. Baldwin, since you want to be seen as a person up on current affairs, why don't you use taxi time to read the NY Times or other print media/journals. You would be surprised how fast the time will go.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Yeah. I agree with this. I'm not a Texan, but the ones I've met have been very friendly, and very chatty.
As a part time Texan (the other part Californian) I should take affront to this but everyone knows Aussies have Texan envy!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by budgetingjew
Good. He had every right to be, given the FA's absurd behavior.
No, he didn't actually. But, he is the perfect person to set this example; no one is allowed to break such rules regardless of if the rule has merit or not. If you don't like the FAA regulation, write them and don't blame AA for enforcing it, especially the FA.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Given his outbursts to the crew, I was surprised that he was rebooked on the next flight. Some airlines would impose a day-long ban to give the passenger time to cool off.
Don't you know WHO HE IS???????

Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Alec Baldwin, In The Huffington Post, Comments On AA Service

A Farewell to Common Sense, Style, and Service on American Airlines

By Alec Baldwin

Excerpt:
However, I have learned a valuable lesson. Airlines in the US are struggling with fuel costs, labor costs, bankruptcies, you name it. It's no secret that the level of service on US carriers has deteriorated to a point that would make Howard Hughes red-faced. Filthy planes, barely edible meals, cuts in jet service to less-traveled locations. One of the big changes, in my time, is in the increase of the post-9/11, paramilitary bearing of much of the air travel business. September 11th was a horrific day in the airline industry, yet in the wake of that event, I believe carriers and airports have used that as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible.

Most of the flight attendants I have ever encountered still have some remnant of the old idea of service. Add to that the notion that in this day and age, many people have a lot of important work to do, by phone, and would like to do so till the last possible minute. But there are many now who walk the aisles of an airplane with a whistle around their neck and a clipboard in their hands and they have made flying a Greyhound bus experience.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Sounds like the Greyhound bus frequent rider forum people will be all over this.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:32 pm

Is this his way of apologizing?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA was right to throw him off the plane. Here is AA's side of the story.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
What a ek, e wasn't conducting business he was playing a word game on his phone and pouted like a baby because he did not St his way. Rules on a p,and are the same for everyone regardless if you have an Emmy or are someone flying for the first timel an airline would/should do the same, if you don't like it, then get your own jet where you set the rules.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
He is a complete jerk. AA should not have let him on any flight. If he is so flipping important and has to play a GAME then charter a plane and do whatever you want to do.

We all know he has an anger management problem. After that tirade to his own daughter I lost complete respect for him. What a jerk

I may fly AA now to support them.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
If Mr. Baldwin doesn't like airline service in the US, there's always Amtrak.

No one stuck a gun to his head that he has to fly between LA and NY. He can either go from LAX-JFK in 6 hours and deal with the the wonderful airline experience that we all come love to hate today or take Amtrak from LA Union Station to NY Penn with a transfer at Chicago Union Station in three days (if there are no delays that is, of course).

However surpringly as it may be, taking a three day cross country trip on Amtrak isn't a bad idea these days for some people. For about $400, you do get a way better seat even in coach and food choices on Amtrak on long routes aren't so bad either.

So it's really up to Mr. Baldwin's choice. If he wants the convenience of LAX-JFK in 6 hrs, suck it up. If he values the service more but willing to take 3 days just to go coast-to-coast, there's Amtrak.

Or he can buy his own Lear Jet.

Last edited by kebosabi; Dec 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I thought he moved to France when Al Gore lost the election. I say we ship him there immediately, then he can report back to us on the European airlines.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Whether one takes AA's or AB's side in this story, no one can denied that airline industry services deteriorated and the issue is not even in bad meals, etc. It's a paranoia that brought almost military rules. He sure is right calling it paramilitary.

PS. To clear the air, AA was right to throw him out after his tantrum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.