Wiki Posts
Search

Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
Alec Baldwin did make this tweet a few months ago about a Starbucks experience:

http://twitter.com/#!/AlecBaldwin/st...77401468407808

I have had bad experiences, but I am not one publicly write someone's name. With the influential power a celebrity has, it can ruin an ordinary person's life.

Also, there are reports that he slammed the lavatory door on the airplane, which is why the captain ordered him off.

We'll soon find out what really happened.
Wow. This Alec Baldwin guy sounds like a tough cookie.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

His anger management issues are well-documented, and they tend to involve the use of phones:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/22/alecs-...ening-message/
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
or maybe the Maudes and Bettys are a little angry that the cute stews (which is short for Stewart) are getting Alec's advances.
He never misbehaves on my flights
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
There are plenty of threads that debate the reasons for the cell phone/device rule in every single forum here, so I chose to keep on topic.

Did anyone notice that in the TMZ video, Alec Baldwin was coming from the First Class Checkin and not the Flagship Checkin even though he was in F.

I wish I would have been sitting next to him on the flight he got kicked off of. Then I would likely have had an empty seat.

And who is enforcing the bag rule? Not AA today!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
I wish I would have been sitting next to him on the flight he got kicked off of. Then I would likely have had an empty seat.
Now that's the way FTers should always think.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Enforcement of the electronic toy rule is very spotty. Most FA's do a good job but I see glaring exceptions from time to time.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skylady
He never misbehaves on my flights
One of his tweets today allegedly said this about the AA FAs:

One tweet took aim at the crew, saying he would never again fly on American Airlines, "where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950's find jobs as flight attendants."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Sounds like he admires the hard-working professional FAs who work at American.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just a reminder - we can have fun with this topic, but... offensive and stereotypical remarks about a person or group are against TOS and will continue to be summarily deleted. /AA Moderator Team
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:56 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Ha! He should have gone all DYKWIA and started claiming that he was Juan Trippe.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm just getting tired of the attitude from AA personnel. It's this and then that. I am on an Alaskan airlines flight right now and it's like a new world.

AA needs to flush out the dead wood and get some people who care aout service.

Union protection is not a good thing all the time.

The FAA are also retards for having rules they way they are. I am an aerospace engineer and cell phones don't do squat, especially at the gate. This was an FA with an axe to grind. I hope Alec rails on AA for this one.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Krazyglue
I'm just getting tired of the attitude from AA personnel. It's this and then that. I am on an Alaskan airlines flight right now and it's like a new world.

The FAA are also retards for having rules they way they are. I am an aerospace engineer and cell phones don't do squat, especially at the gate. This was an FA with an axe to grind. I hope Alec rails on AA for this one.
There should be some type of oversight on rules implemented by the FAA and the TSA. Their respective directors shouldn't have the final word on what is essential to safety. That's how we get absurd rules about liquids and cell phones that are selectively enforced (pilots' phones, post-security beverages, etc.)
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Krazyglue

We also need to have customers that adhere to Company and Government policies, with out temper tantrums. Service/Safety is a very fine line. Should the employees allow you to do whatever you want, in the interest of service, or is there somewhere a line drawn?

How many times should we ask that you do XYZ, until you are now non-compliant? There are many things that make no sense to you, our beloved customers, during air travel. When should the FA look the other way, without fear of reprimand from the Co or FAA?

Please do not paint all employees of any company with such a broad brush.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
How is that relevant? Does it excuse someone from following the rules? He probably mouthed off to the FA when she asked him to turn it off.

By that standard, the argument is that anyone who buys an expensive ticket should be exempt from an FAA regulation...I don't think so
You mean like the people in first class that wait to use the lav until after the captain has turned on the seat belt sign for the last time?

That never happens.

Dan
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. This is the lead story on the NYC 10pm news.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nerd
Wow. This is the lead story on the NYC 10pm news.
Well, apparently he wants to be their mayor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.