Search

Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:24 pm

Good. Maybe he'll stop hitting on the cute stews
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Would be interested to hear from someone in the same cabin as Alec Baldwin. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between. He probably was still playing after the door closed and there was an FA who could've have been more professional. It is always in the way you ask.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by demkr
Well, he's now taken to Twitter to bash AA and make sexist comments about the FA's.
He's supposed to be a comedic actor so what would pass as a sexist and inappropriate comment for the rest of us would be an attempt at humor by AB
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Looks like somebody on AA closed on him...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:38 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Another celebrity who believed that the world revolved around him.

Technology and media makes this happen.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
Jeez how many times do we have to go over the cell phone thing.
Jeez how many times do we have to go over the "passengers must follow all crew-member instructions" thing? We can't have a situation where each passenger gets to decide on their own which of the FAA rules do and do not apply to them, based on their understanding of the science (even if in some cases they happen to be right).
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
TMZ is reporting passengers said an angry Alec Baldwin got up after being told to turn off his iPad and went to the lavatory and slammed the door so loud the captain came out and asked the FAs what happened. Then the captain removed AB from the flight.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/06/alec-b.../#.Tt6wjlbSxdI
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by skylady
Good. Maybe he'll stop hitting on the cute stews
or maybe the Maudes and Bettys are a little angry that the cute stews (which is short for Stewart) are getting Alec's advances.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by PHL

The FCC, on the other hand, doesn't like people trying to use their cell phones from 35000 feet. They tend to pick up too many ground stations (versus the one that you get when you are actually ON the ground).
Not that this detail is especially relevant to the conversation, but you know how FT'ers demand every last detail to be accurate...

One of my friends is a Sprint field technician. His daily job is to work on cell towers, so I tend to trust stuff he tells me about how they function. He said antennas on cell towers are aimed to maximize horizontal spread and minimize vertical spread. This allows carriers to have fewer cell towers and explains why we have so much trouble getting a signal over a few thousand feet high. I can't speak for you, but I have rarely if ever locked onto a usable cell signal at 35,000' (and believe me, I have tried).
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Yet another data point confirming the relationship between DYKWIA and device use entitlement.

The drill is very simple: When told to turn off electronic devices, end your call, stop tapping on your BlackBerry and stow your iPad. You don't get to adjust your compliance to how you were asked, how young or cute the FA is or how "urgent" your task is.

Last edited by dayone; Dec 7, 2011 at 7:14 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by dayone
Yet another data point confirming the relationship between DYKWIA and device use entitlement.

The drill is very simple: When told to turn off electronic devices, end your call, stop tapping on your Blackberry and stow your iPad. You don't get to adjust your compliance to how you were asked, how young or cute the FA is or how "urgent" your task is.
^ Now if they could ban those idiots who board with a cell phone being used while drinking a Starbucks and expect the FA to stow their bags!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by budgetingjew
Source?

When the FAA regulation is stupid, I do not follow it. I will also happily serve myself my own booze on board.
And I'll chuckle when they haul your butt off the plane as I give the FA an applause cert.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Alec Baldwin did make this tweet a few months ago about a Starbucks experience:

http://twitter.com/#!/AlecBaldwin/st...77401468407808

I have had bad experiences, but I am not one publicly write someone's name. With the influential power a celebrity has, it can ruin an ordinary person's life.

Also, there are reports that he slammed the lavatory door on the airplane, which is why the captain ordered him off.

We'll soon find out what really happened.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by trojanman
Not that this detail is especially relevant to the conversation, but you know how FT'ers demand every last detail to be accurate...

One of my friends is a Sprint field technician. His daily job is to work on cell towers, so I tend to trust stuff he tells me about how they function. He said antennas on cell towers are aimed to maximize horizontal spread and minimize vertical spread. This allows carriers to have fewer cell towers and explains why we have so much trouble getting a signal over a few thousand feet high. I can't speak for you, but I have rarely if ever locked onto a usable cell signal at 35,000' (and believe me, I have tried).
Before the days of inflight wifi I always used to do emails on blackberry and catch a burst of signal here and there over the Rockies. Still resort to doing this on most AA flights
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If only he were a different skin color and religion -- we could send him to that Caribbean resort along with the other "enemy combatants" who exhibit suspicious behavior on airplanes. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.