Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by zsurf
Before the days of inflight wifi I always used to do emails on blackberry and catch a burst of signal here and there over the Rockies. Still resort to doing this on most AA flights
I guess we can be thankful you're not allowed to talk on your phone while in flight.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Now that's the way FTers should always think.
^
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, UA Club Life, DL Sky Club Life
Wasn't he supposed to leave the country (his own declaration) if George W Bush was (re)elected?
This abortion should have been out of here years ago.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:21 am
ts3

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, BAEC, SPG, UA, AF
Alec Baldwin's reply on HuffPo

Edit: Oops. I missed that someone had already posted this article. Okay, my comments still stand.

A very well written response to the incident by Alec Baldwin on Huffington Post. I know there are plenty of haters here who will slam him for his comments, but on the whole, he did well. And his criticisms of air travel are spot on. ^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-b...b_1135201.html
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TexasFlyr
Wasn't he supposed to leave the country (his own declaration) if George W Bush was (re)elected?
This abortion should have been out of here years ago.
I agree. But he got re-elected, so he decided to serve out his second term, to the detriment of the whole country.Now that he's out of office, no one cares what he does.

Cheers.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Originally Posted by ts3
Edit: Oops. I missed that someone had already posted this article. Okay, my comments still stand.

A very well written response to the incident by Alec Baldwin on Huffington Post. I know there are plenty of haters here who will slam him for his comments, but on the whole, he did well. And his criticisms of air travel are spot on. ^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-b...b_1135201.html

That was a pretty good post. If AA is smart and want to provide some good laughs... after bankrupcy they should do a spoof of this to talk about the new AA service.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:40 am

That was a good response from him. ^ I give him credit there, there is no doubt the FA could have been a royal pain, but the consideration for your fellow passenger is the issue here.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
A Farewell to Common Sense, Style, and Service on American Airlines

By Alec Baldwin

Excerpt:
However, I have learned a valuable lesson. Airlines in the US are struggling with fuel costs, labor costs, bankruptcies, you name it. It's no secret that the level of service on US carriers has deteriorated to a point that would make Howard Hughes red-faced. Filthy planes, barely edible meals, cuts in jet service to less-traveled locations. One of the big changes, in my time, is in the increase of the post-9/11, paramilitary bearing of much of the air travel business. September 11th was a horrific day in the airline industry, yet in the wake of that event, I believe carriers and airports have used that as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible.

Most of the flight attendants I have ever encountered still have some remnant of the old idea of service. Add to that the notion that in this day and age, many people have a lot of important work to do, by phone, and would like to do so till the last possible minute. But there are many now who walk the aisles of an airplane with a whistle around their neck and a clipboard in their hands and they have made flying a Greyhound bus experience.
Mr. Baldwin:

You're a big, rich Hollywood star. Probably a 1-percenter. You can afford a private jet. You hate flying commercial so much, just take some of your bazillion dollars and charter. Service and food to your liking, and you can avoid the pesky FAA rules about electronics use after the door is closed.

Since you brought it up, have you ever been on a Greyhound bus in your life? Then what's your basis for comparison? (If you're comparing the Eagle terminal at LAX to a bus station, you might find me agreeing).

I'm actually surprised that you didn't blow a cork over the TSA body scans and pat-downs. Or do you get special privileges to bypass those lines?

One other thing you can explain to me: if we surmise your political bent based on the publication that you had your story published in, can we presume that you also support lots of heavy government regulations on every aspect of company and personal behavior? If so, where do you get off thinking the government regulations that ARE established should not be enforced on YOUR behavior? After all, these rules were established for the protection of you and everyone else on that plane.

Don't let the airplane door hit you on the way out.

Sincerely,
A flyer that DOES appreciate the flight crews.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:50 am

GLOBAL_HI_FLYER right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Well if he's not going to fly on AA anymore then that's fine with us.

One less F customer - more upgrade space for us!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Well if he's not going to fly on AA anymore then that's fine with us.

One less F customer - more upgrade space for us!
You're looking one step ahead.
Might want to consider 2 steps ahead.

Losing higly sought after PAID F clients is never a good thing. Never. $$ from people like AB make the F experience what it is. You'll be more likely to UG to a place that's not impressive were this to happen more often
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Did the FA think Alec Baldwin was a terrorist threat?
Ballwin's rant was not confined to this particular incident, but discussed the air traveling experience in general, and the requirement of that traveling experience to obey rules and instructions, which he found unacceptable. That was what I was replying to.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Mr. Baldwin:

You're a big, rich Hollywood star. Probably a 1-percenter. You can afford a private jet. You hate flying commercial so much, just take some of your bazillion dollars and charter. Service and food to your liking, and you can avoid the pesky FAA rules about electronics use after the door is closed.

Since you brought it up, have you ever been on a Greyhound bus in your life? Then what's your basis for comparison? (If you're comparing the Eagle terminal at LAX to a bus station, you might find me agreeing).

I'm actually surprised that you didn't blow a cork over the TSA body scans and pat-downs. Or do you get special privileges to bypass those lines?

One other thing you can explain to me: if we surmise your political bent based on the publication that you had your story published in, can we presume that you also support lots of heavy government regulations on every aspect of company and personal behavior? If so, where do you get off thinking the government regulations that ARE established should not be enforced on YOUR behavior? After all, these rules were established for the protection of you and everyone else on that plane.

Don't let the airplane door hit you on the way out.

Sincerely,
A flyer that DOES appreciate the flight crews.
Even better post. Yes there are far more hassles tied to air travel than being required to turnoff electronic devices once the a/c door has closed.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
How many people think AB actually wrote the article? More likely a PR person trying to smooth things over for his election. Let's face it, he needs publicity and what better way to get it than spout how bad the consumer has it. Don't we know that already?

My guess he is still on Words w/Friends and can't be bothered with what's going on. I have family hooked on that game and it's funny to see them gathered in the living room playing against each other!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
How many people think AB actually wrote the article?
AB approved its publication; it's irrelevant who penned it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.