Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great AA Mileage Race to "D-Day" (MM change day) - 12/1/11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
You can only receive 15,000 miles per year into your account from a transfer (from another person's AA account) to answer one of your questions. Depends if you feel that's worth the $180.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I have read this one. It did not answer questions about the current situation. ONly what will be December 1. I am concerned about beating deadlines and what my best action would be. If it is buried in the thread as so many things usually are on FT, it requires reading of pages of BS to get to what you want.
Originally Posted by gemac
The answers to your questions are in that thread. If you have read that thread, as you say you have, I'm not sure why you are asking questions that have been answered there. If you have not read it, but just skimmed it, I would suggest you go back and reread the thread in its entirity. In my opinion, there is no substitute in cases like this for reading the entire thread. It does take some time, but it is the best way to make sure you are not overlooking some crucial detail that makes all the difference.
Or, if one is aware of the thread where content may be buried, there's always this handy little feature.

Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Most of my ValueMags miles have posted quickly, A couple weeks. Remember we have a long holiday weekend coming up.

AA eshopping finally responded to my problems with Groupon miles not posting. I've avoided Groupon due to this problem.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Originally Posted by reubergd
I think that is quite risky. I bought a lot of credit from Skype over 2 months ago and no miles have posted to my account yet. I have already complained about it and I did not even got a reply to my inquiry. After reading this in Retailer Details of Skype, I am not sure if I will ever get those miles "... Rewards eligible for new customers only... Rewards eligible on first deposit into Skype account.". I don't know exactly what is their definition of new customer, but it is not looking good.

Another thing is that I am not sure how you can buy $3000 of credit. They seem to have a monthly limit of $100 (on each credit card I think).
Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I have issues going back to July with getting Skype miles to post.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I have a lot of bonus miles that I have earned on my citi card. 150k, I met the requirements on the cards this month. When will they post? I don't know.
When does your statement close? That'll be the date they're attributed to, and it'll show up on aa.com within a couple days after that.

Ie, the bonus miles happen not the moment you meet the requirements, but on the first statement that prints after you've met the requirements. Citi only issues miles to AA once a month, on your statement date, and so only calculcates any bonuses at that time.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ritz
Good point! Also, its getting close to the last SPG transfer date (I believe 11/30), since they seem to transfer every 2 weeks now.
Where is the evidence of this?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Most of my ValueMags miles have posted quickly, A couple weeks. Remember we have a long holiday weekend coming up.

AA eshopping finally responded to my problems with Groupon miles not posting. I've avoided Groupon due to this problem.

Then I guess a call is in order to Valuemags. I purchased the magazines the middle of September.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by sica4
Where is the evidence of this?
Requested a transfer on Monday, miles showed up in my AA account today...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamflyer
Requested a transfer on Monday, miles showed up in my AA account today...
Ah, glad to hear! Others in some of the Milebuzz and SPG forums were reporting some delays with SPG to AA postings. I'll take jamflyer's news to mean we should have at least another week or so to send on any SPG transfers!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Seems to be weekly posting on Wednesday and needs to be requested by Monday approximately to make it in for that batch.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:02 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by mathlete
After 12/1, everyone gets 35k miles. No more stickers.
Yes, but these do not count for LT status, so might as well get a start (1/30th of the way to LT Plat).. 29 more armchair trips now will do till month end, then it will be 29 real trips around the world. Anyway the Gold tags arrived a month later for both.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Quick question:

For those who have converted Wyndham Rewards points to AAdvantage Miles in the past 1-2 months, how long are you seeing these AA miles post?

Wyndham website says: "Airline miles will be deposited directly into your account within 6-8 weeks." This seems like a very long time...?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Anyone else having a problem seeing their miles on AA?

Any update on transfer or gifting miles? Any promos?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by hotstepper
Quick question:

For those who have converted Wyndham Rewards points to AAdvantage Miles in the past 1-2 months, how long are you seeing these AA miles post?

Wyndham website says: "Airline miles will be deposited directly into your account within 6-8 weeks." This seems like a very long time...?
They post late in the night on Mondays/Tuesday morning. I think the transfer needs to be initiated by mid-week to make the next Monday posting.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Cityhawk
Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I have issues going back to July with getting Skype miles to post.
Happened to me twice also. No response, no miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.