Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE -.Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Question Flying into an Airport that AA doesnt service?

Howdy. I am trying to get from AUS to PVD and maximize my miles on AA metal, but the routes I am getting offered are via LGA, PHL and ORD on the third (and final) leg on a non-partner flight. So the way I figure it is anywhere between 175-225 miles away, but BOS is under 100 miles. Is there a way I can book a route on AA.com like say AUS-DFW-BOS via AA, then switch over to say UA or whoever is the major carrier? I thought I recall a web-based program that helped flyers with different combinations, even if they were not the most efficient/direct route in? Thanks.

Last edited by Dan_E; Jan 24, 2011 at 2:26 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dan_E
Howdy. I am trying to get from AUS to PVD and maximize my miles on AA metal, but the routes I am getting offered are via LGA, PHL and ORD, and the third (and final) leg on a non-partner flight. So the way I figure it is anywhere between 175-225 miles away, but BOS is under 100 miles. Is there a way I can book a route on AA.com like say AUS-DFW-BOS via AA, then switch over to say UA or whoever is the major carrier? I thought I recall a web-based program that helped flyers with different combinations, even if they were not the most efficient/direct route in? Thanks.
Try the multi-city option on AA.com, and specify BOS as an intermediate destination. Just list AUS-BOS, BOS-PVD. That should route you through DFW on the first part, and find other airlnes (make sure to check the option for all airlines) to PVD if AA don;t go there.

Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
If you were going to fly to Madrid. Would you stay on AA or take the codeshare flight with Iberia?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Pucnit
If you were going to fly to Madrid. Would you stay on AA or take the codeshare flight with Iberia?
This is too open-ended a question, I think. What considerations are most important to you? Will you be trying to upgrade? Things like that.

Cheers.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
When SAAver awards are gone, are they gone for good?

I suspect I know the answer to this one, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

Due to a bit of a schoolboy error*, my girlfriend and I have a 6 hour stopover in ORD in March.

There's an AA flight which would cut this down a much nicer 3 hours, but there is no SAAver availability on that flight at present.

I've got 25,000 BA miles to spend, it seems that BA will let me redeem miles on other SAAver awards.

Does SAAver inventory ever magically reappear - and is it worth me checking back every so often to see if there are now seats I can book? Or should I just accept my fate, have a read of the what to do at ORD thread, and save my miles for something a bit more exciting?

* I booked the UA flight, because, at the time, I was *A silver, and was swayed by the free baggage allowance - forgetting that by the time of the flight, my status would have lapsed. And the AA flight, which was roughly at the same time as the UA one when I booked, was subsequently retimed to be a lot nearer my arrival in ORD. And it would have let me check all the way through from LHR, and get BA status points.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: star alliance
booking class 0

hi,
i am totally new here but have been reading for a couple of days. sounds like fun! I ve been looking around and I found a flight from YUL to MBJ for 399.98 CAD in march. I am able to get 4415 miles out of the trip but i can't figure out class 0. I read you can't get status miles to latin america but what about the Caribbean? thanks everyone !
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by hils
hi,
i am totally new here but have been reading for a couple of days. sounds like fun! I ve been looking around and I found a flight from YUL to MBJ for 399.98 CAD in march. I am able to get 4415 miles out of the trip but i can't figure out class 0. I read you can't get status miles to latin america but what about the Caribbean? thanks everyone !
You will earn EQM/EQP/RDM on the entire trip, as the Caribbean is a separate region from Latin America. The two regions are defined in the link below:

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...obileUAFlag=AA
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: star alliance
thanks BrewerSEA!
thats awesome. i was looking around for a chart like that but couldn't' find one. thanks again!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by teflon
Does SAAver inventory ever magically reappear - and is it worth me checking back every so often to see if there are now seats I can book?
All the time, and yes. Of course there has to be ample revenue seat availability for award inventory to come back.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

forum with AAdvantage deals?

Thanks for the replies, I am starting to like this forum

Is there a forum or a list of all the ways you can earn miles for AA or the best ones?

ex 75,000/100,000 mile card citicard
25,000 citi checking etc.

Basically the ones that are free and/or easy, not so much the 200 miles from 1800-FLOWERS or whatever.

Approximately how many total miles can you earn just from bonuses/etc?

Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: aa
Partner award help

Hello everyone, I am looking for 3 seats this summer for MCI-BKK and return. We can go any 9 to 13 day stretch any of the summer months. When I called AA, the only thing she could find was flights that were 120,000 each in econmony, and I was looking for the 70,000( or is it 75,000?) seats.

Is there an availingly tool I can buy a membership for that will let me see the economy awards for AA JL and CX? Unless someone here could do anquick search and see if there is anything available.

It seems like I am being really flexible with my dates and only wanting to go in economy that the availability would be easier to come by??????
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Hello everyone, I am looking for 3 seats this summer for MCI-BKK and return. We can go any 9 to 13 day stretch any of the summer months. When I called AA, the only thing she could find was flights that were 120,000 each in econmony, and I was looking for the 70,000( or is it 75,000?) seats.

Is there an availingly tool I can buy a membership for that will let me see the economy awards for AA JL and CX? Unless someone here could do anquick search and see if there is anything available.

It seems like I am being really flexible with my dates and only wanting to go in economy that the availability would be easier to come by??????
Something does not add up here. What itinerary did the agent offer, and how did the agent break down the mileage required to come up with 120,000 miles rather than 70,000, which is the mileage required for a coach roundtrip between the U.S. and Thailand on an all-partner award? Make sure that the agent checks routings via the Pacific, not via the Atlantic.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Something does not add up here. What itinerary did the agent offer, and how did the agent break down the mileage required to come up with 120,000 miles rather than 70,000, which is the mileage required for a coach roundtrip between the U.S. and Thailand on an all-partner award? Make sure that the agent checks routings via the Pacific, not via the Atlantic.
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I asked her if it was all in economy and she said yes but that she had to "go to the next level" of award????? I'm really confused. I have made several award trips to BKK and they have always been the 70,000 awards.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I asked her if it was all in economy and she said yes but that she had to "go to the next level" of award????? I'm really confused. I have made several award trips to BKK and they have always been the 70,000 awards.
The only thing I can think of is that the agent could not find Mile SAAver seat availability on one or more of the AA legs, and had to combine AA Anytime awards with all-partner awards. You can check availability of the "cheap" award seats on the AA legs by looking for Mile SAAver awards on aa.com.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:46 pm

The only thing I can think of is that the agent could not find Mile SAAver seat availability on one or more of the AA legs, and had to combine AA Anytime awards with all-partner awards. You can check availability of the "cheap" award seats on the AA legs by looking for Mile SAAver awards on aa.com.
I checked the milesaver awards thru the whole month of July and it looks way open to and from nrt... Of course I couldn't check the nrt BKK route so maybe that was where the problem is?????? I might just call again tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.