FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE -.Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:43 am
teflon

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
When SAAver awards are gone, are they gone for good?

I suspect I know the answer to this one, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

Due to a bit of a schoolboy error*, my girlfriend and I have a 6 hour stopover in ORD in March.

There's an AA flight which would cut this down a much nicer 3 hours, but there is no SAAver availability on that flight at present.

I've got 25,000 BA miles to spend, it seems that BA will let me redeem miles on other SAAver awards.

Does SAAver inventory ever magically reappear - and is it worth me checking back every so often to see if there are now seats I can book? Or should I just accept my fate, have a read of the what to do at ORD thread, and save my miles for something a bit more exciting?

* I booked the UA flight, because, at the time, I was *A silver, and was swayed by the free baggage allowance - forgetting that by the time of the flight, my status would have lapsed. And the AA flight, which was roughly at the same time as the UA one when I booked, was subsequently retimed to be a lot nearer my arrival in ORD. And it would have let me check all the way through from LHR, and get BA status points.