FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE -.Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:59 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Something does not add up here. What itinerary did the agent offer, and how did the agent break down the mileage required to come up with 120,000 miles rather than 70,000, which is the mileage required for a coach roundtrip between the U.S. and Thailand on an all-partner award? Make sure that the agent checks routings via the Pacific, not via the Atlantic.
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I asked her if it was all in economy and she said yes but that she had to "go to the next level" of award????? I'm really confused. I have made several award trips to BKK and they have always been the 70,000 awards.
The only thing I can think of is that the agent could not find Mile SAAver seat availability on one or more of the AA legs, and had to combine AA Anytime awards with all-partner awards. You can check availability of the "cheap" award seats on the AA legs by looking for Mile SAAver awards on aa.com.