Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever leave stuff unattended at the Admirals Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
If I am in the FL and just going to the buffet or bar, I generally leave all but my handbag as long as it is in full view. The AC is a different matter though (since so much larger) but I still generally leave everything other than my handbag/purse and laptop – but only to get a snack or go to the bathroom so never longer than 2-3min.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by 17thousandkm
Because we all know that Terrorists do not fly business or first class therefore do not frequent executive lounges.
You evidently haven't met some of the kids brought into the club.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes, I will leave my bag. Will take my wallet with me but usually I don't take my blackberry into the bathroom or to the computers (its insured but of course the loss of it would be a real pain in the you know what). I think that its a fairly legit crowd in the AC and long as anything of real, easy value such as a wallet or purse would not be left unattended one would be fine. I doubt that anyone would have much interest in my 3 ounce bottles or clothing (at a28 inch waist my clothing would probably not fit most men).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Anyone left their spouse/partner just sitting in the lounge and returned a few minutes later and found they were still there?

Wandering as usual

Fred
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Eurostar CB
I've never had anything stolen, ever, and i do leave things unattended. But i almost normally sit at the bar in the AC and ask the bartender to keep an eye out, or something similar.

Also, as has been mentioned earlier.. it's all down to foot traffic and senses. If kids are wandering, or shifty people, then i might choose not to leave my stuff alone.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Anyone left their spouse/partner just sitting in the lounge and returned a few minutes later and found they were still there?
Multiple times. I wonder if the 4-minute rule also applies to spouses?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Multiple times. I wonder if the 4-minute rule also applies to spouses?
having a Henny Youngman moment, are we? "Take my wife -- please"
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by benzguy80
having a Henny Youngman moment, are we? "Take my wife -- please"
That's my husband's line. He's been waiting over 23 years, but still no takers.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just for short bathroom trips or to get a cup of coffee. Always has wallet and passport with me though
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
That's my husband's line. He's been waiting over 23 years, but still no takers.
I quit using that line when a pastor friend (who'd never heard of Henny Youngman) thought I was being vulgar. He still didn't see the humor in it after I explained (sigh).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I never leave my belongings unattended at any time, even inside the lounges. Everything goes with me into the bathroom. Even into the stall.
Does anyone ever ask you how long you intend to be in that stall?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bniu
I will be more trusting in the First class lounges (FL, intl first lounge, etc) since no one can buy membership into those areas, they have to be either top tier (implies they have lots of money to spend) or first class passengers (they're rich!) and why would someone who paid $25K for his ticket care enough to steal your $1000 laptop?

Um...that would be a risky assumption. Some of us here are starving grad students (and even some undergraduate students) who choose to spend our free time and dollars on traveling, and earn top-tier status in the process! (I first reached PLT during my freshman year of undergrad, for example.) Also, traveling in International First is not solely for the super-rich. Award tickets exist!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I've left the laptop and carry-on bags in a seat a few times while making a quick trip for a snack or to the restroom. Never had a problem, but I usually try to make sure there's someone honest-looking sitting nearby.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Um...I walk in - dump my bags where I'm sitting and do whatever.

I've walked out of the AC - had lunch....come back....no problems.

Longest I think I ever left anything unattended was 2 hours maybe?

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Exclamation Oh no

This thread is now linked to on the Boarding Area's front page.

How much longer until the the TSA directs the AC AAngels to enforce a "baggage must be with you at all times (even when 'using the facilities')" rule? I'm kidding about that but isn't it scary that I have a 10% belief that that could happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.