Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever leave stuff unattended at the Admirals Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
If I'm in the AC it's because of a free pass. I assume that people in the AC likely have more expensive stuff than I do anyway . So I don't think it's a big deal to leave it when I use the restroom. If I take anything with me to the restroomn it's the small carryon that contains my electronics.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat
I'll leave my big carryon in the cubbyholes, or ideally in the provided locked bins. I bring my expensive electronics with me; they can have my clothes.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
My stuff is still there too... I think I will start a new thread...

"Consolidated:"No one stole my luggage, it is still where I left it.""
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ja_user
My stuff is still there too... I think I will start a new thread...

"Consolidated:"No one stole my luggage, it is still where I left it.""
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:16 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Always keep passport, wallet, BP, etc. on me. Never leave backpack with computer and other critical stuff. Might leave carryon with clothes for a couple of minutes in some clubs that aren't crowded for just a quick trip to the bathroom. It would be great if ACs had secure checked-luggage rooms with an attendant -- that's one of the things I love about the BA club at LHR.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Leave...bags....unattended....airport. Am I the only one who has a faint recollection of hearing these words frequently used with the word never?
I can't imagine why it's even possible to do this any more.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
I leave my non-computer carry-on unattended in the Admirals Club on occasion. I really don’t think it will be stolen. Yes I know that is possible, but it’s more just something I am not mentally comfortable doing. ...Perhaps it’s my New Yawk upbringing.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
I'll leave the rollerboard briefly (contains clothes and nothing of any real value). But never my "personal item" (computer, passport, wallet, other stuff of value). Having grown up in the NYC area and having stuff stolen wth the frequency that residents there typically experience, my faith in the goodness of mankind is restricted.

It's all about managing risk. If the rollerboard gets stolen, the downside is very limited. Not so with the other stuff - worst-case you lose your passport and can't get back into the U.S. until you make a trip to the country capital, go to the U.S. Embassy, and get a new one.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I keep my valuables (passport if flying internationally, wallet, keys) in my pockets. I leave my carry-on bags unattended for long periods of time (I don't bring my laptop on trips) and will use the dedicated computer terminals in all the AC's. I've gotten it down to where I can use two small carry-on's 15" length each, which I buy from Walgreens at 2 for $10--I doubt anyone will want to steal these for the bags alone, and I carry clothing and reading material between the two (also not too valuable for a thief.)
I think a thief might steal (walk of with) some of the upscale bags people travel with, just for the bag alone.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by PDX-PLT
Having grown up in the NYC area and having stuff stolen wth the frequency that residents there typically experience, my faith in the goodness of mankind is restricted.
According to FBI statistics, NYC has the lowest rate of property crime of any major US city. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

I hope this helps to restore your faith
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Never worried about it myself. This includes my laptop on a chair with the screen open. The only thing that's been taken from me were sodas I wasn't quite finished with.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I was in the VS SFO Clubhouse. there were 5 people there max employees not included. Other then my wallet, I left my bags where I was sitting and enjoyed myself.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, SPG GLD
I leave stuff there all the time while stepping away, and have never had a concern. Did, however, have my dignity stolen once at the EWR club. Stepped away from the AC pc, apparently while logged into my yahoo e-mail, and some wag sent what was apparently the mother of all obscene messages over my signature to a close (woman) friend.

At least that's my story.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Never worried about it myself. This includes my laptop on a chair with the screen open. The only thing that's been taken from me were sodas I wasn't quite finished with.
Me too. I do lock the screen but I run to the restroom and back without worrying about it. I keep my passport on my person.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:47 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Leave...bags....unattended....airport. Am I the only one who has a faint recollection of hearing these words frequently used with the word never?
I can't imagine why it's even possible to do this any more.
Finally! - someone who appreciates that this is a security issue, not a question of whether someone is going to nick your stuff. For those who don't see it as a security issue, if they ask you at the gate "have your bags been with you at all times?" what do you say? Do you just lie?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.