Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
And I'm sure the Post Office is breathing a sigh of relief.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Can anyone confirm the rumor that OJ Man was wearing a track suit?

Mike
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
You'd be surprised at how many FAs actually do pay attention when pax go....it never seems to fail that when one person gets up to go, one is right behind them trying to open the locked lav door.... I see it roughly 85% of the time on my flights while working in F.
Really? Most of the time the FA's are just chatting in the galley and reading Us Weekly/People so I really doubt that they could pay any attention to what pax are doing.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
Really? Most of the time the FA's are just chatting in the galley and reading Us Weekly/People so I really doubt that they could pay any attention to what pax are doing.
Fortunately not on my flights where that behavior does happen, but is definitely far from the norm.

Cheers.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Really? Most of the time the FA's are just chatting in the galley and reading Us Weekly/People ...
LOL, that does seem to be the FA "literature of choice".
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Yup...it's the same how pax don't realize how many times a FA goes up and down the aisle collecting trash/garbage and yet leave trash in the seat later saying that the FAs were never in the aisle reading said material....
Old Dec 21, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by emma dog
And if you have one that's just kinda cranky with you it's "half-helen". It's a yardstick.
Don't make me open a can of Helen on you.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 5:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fifty years ago, "stewardess" stereotypes and jokes were all the rage, aircraft were grounded by storms and occasionally had mechanical issues; some things seemingly never change.

But if you had asked for a beverage on a recent SMF-DFW flight, you might go to Helen wait...
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by JDiver
Fifty years ago, "stewardess" stereotypes and jokes were all the rage, aircraft were grounded by storms and occasionally had mechanical issues; some things seemingly never change.

But if you had asked for a beverage on a recent SMF-DFW flight, you might go to Helen wait...
*groan*
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
haha <slow clap>
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
It suddenly donned on me that there are more than likely several flight attendants named Helen at American Airlines. I feel sorry for the rest of them, because I'm sure every single one of them will get some dirty eyes from people that read about this story.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by flyastrojets
It suddenly donned on me that there are more than likely several flight attendants named Helen at American Airlines. I feel sorry for the rest of them, because I'm sure every single one of them will get some dirty eyes from people that read about this story.
that would be stereotyping in a very dumb extreme. kind of like mistreating people named George because you dislike 'W'.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
It is required reading, how else would they know who the minor celebs are?
FWIW I think a lot of us are reading People as well, why else would there be so many spottings of semifamous folks?

Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
Can anyone confirm the rumor that OJ Man was wearing a track suit?

Mike
No, but I thinking I saw him jumping over luggage on the way to Hertz.
Nope... wrong OJ
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
waiting for the inevitable bloody glove comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.