Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by neuron
Wow, would certainly be interested in knowing the outcome of this event. From this recount, the FA was taking no prisoners, and sounded like she wanted to intimidate the other passengers into not bearing witness!
This story ran on local TV in San Diego this week. It will be most interesting to learn the outcome. From listening to the facts presented in the TV story, something major is being omitted. All of the facts are clearly not in the story. There is no reason for the FA to display this kind of vengeance towards any passenger. And the passenger who was interviewed on TV was exceptionally gracious and mild mannered - not the type who would create or add to a contentious situation. Actually, I doubt that AA will ever allow the whole story to be told.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Somewhere buried in this thread someone made the observation that very few people on any given plane would know about this, so I thought this was funny. I read this board, my husband doesn't. He flew F on AA yesterday, and when he got home I asked him if anyone was talking about the OJ thing. His comment: "What did he do now?"
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have a friend who works at AA....

The "talk" is that the FA was fired.......though it is unconfirmed.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by david4455

Enquiring minds want to know
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by david4455

If the "previous rumor" was true that the union has had AA reinstate "that Helen" (twice so far, I think from another thread), would the union do the magic again this time?

In other words, is it possible the union can still get the job back for such an "outstanding" FA?

Last edited by lin821; Dec 21, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reason: adding one source for the "rumor"
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Wow. I just heard about this today and I am flabbergasted! The real heroes of this story are the other passengers who stood up for the wronged PE passenger and inconvenienced themselves to stand up for him.
Completely agree. If a FA ever goes all Helen on me, I would be very grateful for passenger backup.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by neptuno3
Completely agree. If a FA ever goes all Helen on me, I would be very grateful for passenger backup.
You better just hope some of the AApologists from around here aren't sitting near you.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sukn
You better just hope some of the AApologists from around here aren't sitting near you.
What do you mean? I haven't heard anyone hear say the FA was right.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by neptuno3
The new verb? "all Helen"?

"They went all-Helen on me"?

"I'll go all-Hellen on you"?

Last edited by sbagdon; Dec 20, 2009 at 3:30 am
Old Dec 20, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by sbagdon

And if you have one that's just kinda cranky with you it's "half-helen". It's a yardstick.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by emma dog
And if you have one that's just kinda cranky with you it's "half-helen". It's a yardstick.
LOL! I like it! =)
Old Dec 20, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
if a cranky FA is also Greek, is she/he being Hellenistic?
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by maltasr
This story ran on local TV in San Diego this week. It will be most interesting to learn the outcome. From listening to the facts presented in the TV story, something major is being omitted. All of the facts are clearly not in the story. There is no reason for the FA to display this kind of vengeance towards any passenger. And the passenger who was interviewed on TV was exceptionally gracious and mild mannered - not the type who would create or add to a contentious situation. Actually, I doubt that AA will ever allow the whole story to be told.
Why do you conclude that something major is being omitted?

It's rather irresponsible to conclude that all the facts or not all of the facts have been presented. @:-)
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood
Originally Posted by sbagdon

Yes, exactly.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Where's Helen today?

Just as we like to follow what planes are assinged to what routes, maybe someone could hack into the AA systems and find out what flights Helen is assigned to for the next month. They could then sell that information on E-Bay -- I'm sure there would be a very profitable market in helping people avoid Helen's flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.