Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Something went very wrong on American Airlines flight 614 from Sacramento to Dallas this Sunday, December 6th. An American Airlines stewardess having an extremely bad day flipped the frak out on a first class passenger for asking for a glass of OJ and gave him a written warning from the captain for, "threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a crewmember." Here's an eyewitness account:
Full article

This certainly appears to be an interesting situation with so many witnesses to the incident.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow, would certainly be interested in knowing the outcome of this event. From this recount, the FA was taking no prisoners, and sounded like she wanted to intimidate the other passengers into not bearing witness!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm shocked that AA declined Dave Koss's request for a refund of any points used for this flight.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
From Consumerist.com, "Asking For Orange Juice On AA May Violate Federal Law"

Has anyone else read this account of a first class FA from SMF-DFW named "Helen"? Kind of a crazy tail and certainly worse than I've ever experienced on AA.

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/askin...deral-law.html

Asking For Orange Juice On American Airlines May Violate Federal Law

Something went very wrong on American Airlines flight 614 from Sacramento to Dallas this Sunday, December 6th. An American Airlines stewardess having an extremely bad day flipped the frak out on a first class passenger for asking for a glass of OJ and gave him a written warning from the captain for, "threatening, intimidating, or interfering with a crewmember." Here's an eyewitness account:

Last edited by dstan; Dec 10, 2009 at 3:58 pm Reason: external articles should not be quoted in full
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm not surprised, i have seen some crazy attitudes when people have been working too many hours.

I had a problem with someone in my office who did this and lost me a client. She doesn't work for me anymore.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
My only comment--consider the source.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
There has got to be more to the story. And that could simply be that Helen had a breakdown, but the fact that this story has not been discussed more here leads me to believe that there is more to this.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: A few
It's a good write up... there are always two sides to every story (or in fact 9 or 10 if there are that many people watching), but frankly if it's even near the truth, then Ms Helen needs to be fired ASAP
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I say, very tongue-in-cheek, maybe liquids and AA don't mix?

Seriously, what a weird spate of drink-related posts recently -- the 4-alcoholic-drinks (debunked) limit, the India Can't Drink and Board Plane thread, and this one..... all entertaining but weird. Do weird things always have to come in threes?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
consumerist was bought by consumer reports, it's usually pretty reliable.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
it's a very good write up/narrative but the whole thing imho, is just <insert boston accent> bizzah and there has to be more to the story-something's missing for this to have happened the way it was described

being discussed over in aa as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...deral-law.html
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SocietyFlyGirl
I say, very tongue-in-cheek, maybe liquids and AA don't mix?

Seriously, what a weird spate of drink-related posts recently -- the 4-alcoholic-drinks (debunked) limit, the India Can't Drink and Board Plane thread, and this one..... all entertaining but weird. Do weird things always have to come in threes?
I noticed this too. This is the strangest day on FT I have experienced...and all 3 of these posts relate to beverages.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by guy999
consumerist was bought by consumer reports, it's usually pretty reliable.
The stuff I've read published by The Consumerist tended to be more of the sensationalist variety (much like this article).

I would not consider it to be unbiased or reliable.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, he could be disturbance with the flight crew. It will be charge of interfence of the flight crew. He will have to get off the aircraft for awhile. It doesn't sense about orange juice is not violate of the laws. HE will not being arrested or any charges against him. He will have try to flying another time in the future. Are you absolutely sure that he is not have any serious charges against him.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I think the picture accompanying the article is perfect.

(Think of her as your mother. She only wants what's best for you. <blah blah blah>. That's the American Way.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.